Tempest Torture

Arthur97

2 hours ago, Kruggov said:

...How do you even clear the damn thing? Do you need 4 teams of 40-s? I think I tried around 30 times already and I NEVER completed it once (the closest I got was the last map).

Also screw you Lissa and your "get doubled by everyone" 20 speed.

Also screw you Reinhardt/Olwen for killing more of my guys in the trial than everyone else combined (well, almost).

Also screw you LucinaMarth for forcing me to play this mess.

Then again, getting tips would be appreciated.

Having all level 40 units is expected at this level of play, yeah. Support/bonus units are sometimes fine to have at lower levels, but for the main teams, you really need whoever you want to be using at 40.

I got into the habit of training all my (non-duplicate) 5*s to 40, along with a lot of 4*s, so I have plenty of spares on hand for this.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

@Arthur97 I was talking to someone through PM and they called the tempest trials "tempest torture"

What would it take for you to rename this thread "Tempest torture"?

A few more bad rounds might do it. If I lose Lucina, my odds drop dramatically. Maybe I should fast level Masked Lucina.

According to the Tempest Tracker, I'm in good pace for the Quickened Seal- I need to do 15 runs a day and score 213 points per run- and failing Lunatic seems to top that.

I'll probably use a few more Stamins potions because my stamina gauge doesn't refill fully between my three sessions and I have exams on the 20th and 22nd.

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

#TempestTorture

I found my perfect winning formula, and even then I sometimes mess up too XD or get a horrible map

That's only happened 3 times though so it doesn't happen too much ever since I discovered my way to win

Indeed >:T

Horrible maps are the worst...it's frustrating because we can do everything right and have a good team calibration/set-up and...you're done before you start :'D I'm glad it's rare for you! I wish I could say the same for myself...my teams aren't the most solid, so I can get countered a little too easily... :'D

7 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

:c

Mine at least runs Darting Blow 3 over Fury so she doesn't continue to take non-lethal damage the entire run. Tharja now pulls her weight enough even while not at level 40 to take some of the load off, and as a bonus, I don't mind leaving her on the brink of death.

Also condolences to poor Veronica who has been beaten up countless times over the last few days for orbs, seals, and other rewards...We're the good guys, right?

25 minutes ago, Apples said:

:c

Mine at least runs Darting Blow 3 over Fury so she doesn't continue to take non-lethal damage the entire run. Tharja now pulls her weight enough even while not at level 40 to take some of the load off, and as a bonus, I don't mind leaving her on the brink of death.

Also condolences to poor Veronica who has been beaten up countless times over the last few days for orbs, seals, and other rewards...We're the good guys, right?

The thing is, she beats back as good as gets beaten, Or if not her then her INFLATED STATS crew does.

I would like to take a moment to express my deep deep hatred for the map with four fliers. It makes me want to punch a wall, and ruins my runs about 7/10 of the time. Why must this map so frequently show up as the second map of my runs?

1 minute ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I would like to take a moment to express my deep deep hatred for the map with four fliers. It makes me want to punch a wall, and ruins my runs about 7/10 of the time. Why must this map so frequently show up as the second map of my runs?

That's actually my easiest map. What's your issue with it?

I've consistently been getting max point runs with the following team:

Olivia+0
Ruby sword+
Dance
Moonbow
Fury 3
Swordbreaker
Hone Attack 3
HP+3 seal

Nowi+1
Lightning Breath+
Swap
Moonbow
Triangle Adept 3
Vantage 3
Threaten Defense 3
Attack+1 seal

Julia+0
Naga
Rally Attack
Moonbow
Fury 3
G Tomebreaker
Hone Speed 3
Speed+1 seal

Maria+0
Assault
Rehabilitate
Miracle
HP+4
Live to Serve 2
Hone Speed 2
Spur Def 1 seal

The first three are on my A-team and have a lot of work put into them, but, surprisingly, Maria has been the all-star during tempest trials. Other than the obvious healing, HP+4 combined with Miracle and her high speed and resistance lets you tank pretty much any character for a round while you maneuver into a more advantageous position. Its saved more than a handful of flawless runs. Hone speed 2 is also cheap and helps speed-starved Julia tremendously.

The final encounter is usually pretty simple with Julia taking care of Rein/Olwen/Cecilia on the bottom right or Nowi against Xander. The rest is usually simple and almost always ends with Olivia tanking a Veronica hit and doubling back with Julia swooping in for the finisher.

Biggest weakness with the team is speed. You have to play pretty aggressively to beat the round counter, but its consistently doable. About a third of the time, I get a B speed rating. 

10 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

That's actually my easiest map. What's your issue with it?

My problems come like 90% because of my team of two squishy mages and Ike. None of whome can reliably take a hit from your average brave lance. If a bunch of wyverns show up on that map I'm fine but certien combinations of pegasus knights get me almost every time. :P

Just now, DarkLordIvy said:

My problems come like 90% because of my team of two squishy mages and Ike. None of whome can reliably take a hit from your average brave lance. If a bunch of wyverns show up on that map I'm fine but certien combinations of pegasus knights get me almost every time. :P

Ah that makes sense. My units are Ike, Michalis, Camus, and Takumi. So no matter what kind of flier shows up I don't really have any issues.

Are you running a dancer? Even a red mage might be able to take out a lance peg if they have two rounds. Alternatively, running an archer solves all the problems. Klein laughs the map into oblivion (though Tharja steals kills if axes turn up).

14 minutes ago, Kruggov said:

The thing is, she beats back as good as gets beaten, Or if not her then her INFLATED STATS crew does.

That's true, but at this point I'm pretty okay with the fact that Veronica is a green mage that my units can take out. If she was red though...

2 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Ah that makes sense. My units are Ike, Michalis, Camus, and Takumi. So no matter what kind of flier shows up I don't really have any issues.

Man you've got the perfect team for that map. Michalis is such a joy to run but he is currently relegated to team #3 for me. 

3 minutes ago, azurrys said:

Are you running a dancer? Even a red mage might be able to take out a lance peg if they have two rounds. Alternatively, running an archer solves all the problems. Klein laughs the map into oblivion (though Tharja steals kills if axes turn up).

My main team is Ike, Soren, Linde, and Lucius. They can reliably take out pretty much everything including the peg lancers that show up. The problem comes from a lack of maneuverability on that map and my units end up boxed in. A dancer would fix a lot of that but tends to doom me on other maps. On the archer front the only good archer I have ever pulled is good old Jeorge, but he still needs work. 

10 hours ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

You're welcome~ :D

Mm! Sometimes switching certain members for others has everyone work together better; I'm glad to hear that it's working out for you! :D Where are you at now?

Yeah, Olivia helps a lot to allow Xander and Nino to kill Veronica faster. Still big problem is if a red mage or Boey are in the final map.

I'm close to 10,000... I think I need to start using some potions if I want to reach 5*Luci

1 hour ago, Lemmy said:

tempest showed me a new takumi to hate, windsweep.

Does this stop Vantage from activating? I forgot to check a Takumi's skills and he managed to kill my Ryoma, despite Ryoma being at the health for Vantage and being able to kill him off >.<

Thankfully, I just managed to beat the map still, but it did lower my speed on that one *shakes fist*

Edited by Cute Chao

2 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Does this stop Vantage from activating? I forgot to check a Takumi's skills and he managed to kill my Ryoma, despite Ryoma being at the health for vantage and being able to kill him off >.<

Thankfully, I just managed to beat the map still, but it did lower my speed on that one *shakes fist*

Yup

How the mechanic works is kinda like this: Vantage works by moving your counter attack before your opponent attacks, while "Sweeps" make it so that your counterattack is gone

Just now, JSND said:

Yup

How the mechanic works is kinda like this: Vantage works by moving your counter attack before your opponent attacks, while "Sweeps" make it so that your counterattack is gone

Darn. I always forget about sweepers... I even forget my Soren has it, too xD

I need to remember to check out for them when I'm checking out for WoM...

Man you've got the perfect team for that map. Michalis is such a joy to run but he is currently relegated to team #3 for me. 

My main team is Ike, Soren, Linde, and Lucius. They can reliably take out pretty much everything including the peg lancers that show up. The problem comes from a lack of maneuverability on that map and my units end up boxed in. A dancer would fix a lot of that but tends to doom me on other maps. On the archer front the only good archer I have ever pulled is good old Jeorge, but he still needs work. 

Ahh, I see. I personally run Klein/Cecilia/Tharja/Azura, and I've found that having a dancer really speeds up my runs and helps with flexibility on all the maps, not just the 4-flier map. Out of curiosity, what makes you think that the dancer would be doom-y on other maps, or is it more just that you don't want to replace any of your team for a dancer?

I definitely agree that if you don't take out at least 1 flier ASAP it can get really annoying to maneuver around, especially with squishy mages that need to attack at 2-range. Maybe you can try to do a bit of AI manipulation; all the fliers will probably flock to Lucius to try to kill him, so you can try to use that to your advantage.