Tempest Torture

Arthur97

12 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

Finally reached 50k points. Gonna finish up the Xenologue before resuming the grind. 

Totally forgot about the Xenologue. I might do it later to break up the monotony of grinding Tempest.

Also this event is giving sp like candy. Nino just broke the 5k sp barrier. I'm never going to be able to use that much. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also got the Quickened Pulse Seal earlier this morning. Nino would benefit most from it, but she needs that HP +3 Seal to properly bait and Eirika can't drop the Fort Res 1 Seal, so it went to Nowi. It's ended up being reasonably helpful. A bunch of map configs (usually heavy green) often demand she be idle or just Repositioning most of the time, but there's many situations where she'd appreciate having her Bonfire up. I briefly considered giving it to Lissa for a nearly guaranteed Imbue at the start of a map, but that just seemed really wasteful, since I don't need that much healing.

The 600-700 for completing the seven-map Lunatic scenario adds up pretty quickly (between 9000 and 10 500 per day) and it's been four days. Granted, I blew three Stamina Pots, so I'm about a day ahead in terms of scoring. I'll probably use another one tonight. I've been burning my budget from my small stockpile early rather than later because of the community rewards—not to mention all the personal rewards coming in a bit earlier.

56 minutes ago, azurrys said:

Ahh, I see. I personally run Klein/Cecilia/Tharja/Azura, and I've found that having a dancer really speeds up my runs and helps with flexibility on all the maps, not just the 4-flier map. Out of curiosity, what makes you think that the dancer would be doom-y on other maps, or is it more just that you don't want to replace any of your team for a dancer?

I definitely agree that if you don't take out at least 1 flier ASAP it can get really annoying to maneuver around, especially with squishy mages that need to attack at 2-range. Maybe you can try to do a bit of AI manipulation; all the fliers will probably flock to Lucius to try to kill him, so you can try to use that to your advantage.

Yeah I just don't want to replace anyone with a dancer. I would switch Linde out for Azura, but strategy hinges to much on my ranged attacks at this point for me to take Linde off and having a healer is just nice. 

I will have to experiment more with the Lucius baiting that could do the trick in some cases. 

18 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

The 600-700 for completing the seven-map Lunatic scenario adds up pretty quickly (between 9000 and 10 500 per day) and it's been four days. Granted, I blew three Stamina Pots, so I'm about a day ahead in terms of scoring. I'll probably use another one tonight. I've been burning my budget from my small stockpile early rather than later because of the community rewards—not to mention all the personal rewards coming in a bit earlier.

lol i only used 200 en per day and assumed based on that

6 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Yeah I just don't want to replace anyone with a dancer. I would switch Linde out for Azura, but strategy hinges to much on my ranged attacks at this point for me to take Linde off and having a healer is just nice. 

I will have to experiment more with the Lucius baiting that could do the trick in some cases. 

Hmm, are you running Blarblade Linde or Aura Linde? While having a healer is nice, I found that throwing Breath of Life (both skill and seal) on Tharja was honestly all I ever needed in terms of healing, since Tharja herself wants to stay at low HP for Desperation. I think Linde could fulfil that role even better than Tharja could with Aura (or at the very least equally well with just BoL), in which case you can then sub in Azura over Lucius. Having a Dancer also helps avoid damage entirely in a lot of cases so I've found that it all works out pretty well.

If you want to stick with the team though, hopefully that strategy works out! I'm personally pretty bad at AI manipulation so I mostly just dodge around the danger zone lol, hence my Dancer being crucial.

13 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

It is now!

@Arthur97 too. Who else is at 30k right now?

Do I still count? I clocked out at 30k yesterday (still not much higher now...).

10 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I already felt terrible about it before seeing this, but now I feel even worse... Not stopping though.

Why am I not suprised they made this comic about Nino instead of Tharja...

1 minute ago, Bartozio said:

Do I still count? I clocked out at 30k yesterday (still not much higher now...).

I already felt terrible about it before seeing this, but now I feel even worse... Not stopping though.

Let's face it, Tharja probably kind of likes the pain. /HIDES

6 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I'm not sure if the situation where she gets healing is much better. I bring Lissa and continuously Rehabilitate Nino because I need to use her to bait rather often. This means that her HP is a rollercoaster due to eating big hits from 1/3 the enemies in a run. >.> Also, she's murdered Jaffar at least a six times. <.<

4 minutes ago, azurrys said:

Hmm, are you running Blarblade Linde or Aura Linde? While having a healer is nice, I found that throwing Breath of Life (both skill and seal) on Tharja was honestly all I ever needed in terms of healing, since Tharja herself wants to stay at low HP for Desperation. I think Linde could fulfil that role even better than Tharja could with Aura (or at the very least equally well with just BoL), in which case you can then sub in Azura over Lucius. Having a Dancer also helps avoid damage entirely in a lot of cases so I've found that it all works out pretty well.

If you want to stick with the team though, hopefully that strategy works out! I'm personally pretty bad at AI manipulation so I mostly just dodge around the danger zone lol, hence my Dancer being crucial.

Aura Linde, never pulled Odin so I can't even really think about getting her barblade (which is a real shame because I would love to stick it on Ursula). I've been using the aura, BoL + seal strategy. I would put desperation on her but I am fresh out of Shanna's so no desperation. Which part of why Lucius is on the team. I don't want Linde's hp getting to low. 

I'm alright at AI manipulation if I remember step back and think things through. I have a tendency to Leroy Jenkins myself into trouble. :P

1 hour ago, SniperGYS said:

Yeah, Olivia helps a lot to allow Xander and Nino to kill Veronica faster. Still big problem is if a red mage or Boey are in the final map.

I'm close to 10,000... I think I need to start using some potions if I want to reach 5*Luci

That's good that your team can work to get rid of Veronica! Yeah, Boey's trouble if you don't have a good counter...Leo - being a red mage - has wrecked me way too many times than I'd like to think about...

I understand D: I wish you luck on getting to her!! I don't think you'll need to use too many potions? Since you'd only need to do an extra day's worth (you're averaging ~10k every 5 days...so 20k by day 10...so it'd be 30k on day 15 - since the event ends before that, you just need to make up the difference). Good luck!! I hope you get her without too much hassle!

Just now, DarkLordIvy said:

Aura Linde, never pulled Odin so I can't even really think about getting her barblade (which is a real shame because I would love to stick it on Ursula). I've been using the aura, BoL + seal strategy. I would put desperation on her but I am fresh out of Shanna's so no desperation. Which part of why Lucius is on the team. I don't want Linde's hp getting to low. 

I'm alright at AI manipulation if I remember step back and think things through. I have a tendency to Leroy Jenkins myself into trouble. :P

You could always axe a Navarre for Desperation 2. It still works pretty well! Sorry to hear about the lack of Odins though, he's such great all-round fodder between Moonbow and Blarblade...

Heck, I think even Renewal might work okay in place of Desperation, since with the way the Trials are set up Linde will automatically recover 10 HP at the start of every map. If Lucius is mostly there to heal Linde, giving Linde either a way to function at low HP or some self-recovery would mean that you could probably safely sub him out if need be. But if the AI manipulation works for you and you can work well with the team, might as well roll with it! And that's better than me lol. Half the time if I'm trying to bait, I either fatally miscalculate and everyone goes in the wrong direction or Wings of Murder screws me over. I think I was just not meant for Enemy Phase action.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

QUICKENED PULSE GET

I put it on my Life and Death Kagerou with Moonbow. First round Moonbow let's go.

Congrats :D

I'm trying to not spend any stamina potions unless I start slipping out of top 5k near the end, but at my current pace I should also get the seal by the end of the day.

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Congrats :D

I'm trying to not spend any stamina potions unless I start slipping out of top 5k near the end, but at my current pace I should also get the seal by the end of the day.

I changed my mind, and put it on Celica instead, because first round Draconic Aura running off 54/59 Atk and 39/43 Spd (depending on whether or not Kagerou buffs her) is probably even more ridiculous. You should do the same my friend.

Finally got the 5* Mask Lucina, I'll admit I'm getting a little bored of the grind fest but at least I'm past the halfway point for the final seal but I'll probably slow down now to not get too bored.

57 minutes ago, azurrys said:

You could always axe a Navarre for Desperation 2. It still works pretty well! Sorry to hear about the lack of Odins though, he's such great all-round fodder between Moonbow and Blarblade...

Heck, I think even Renewal might work okay in place of Desperation, since with the way the Trials are set up Linde will automatically recover 10 HP at the start of every map. If Lucius is mostly there to heal Linde, giving Linde either a way to function at low HP or some self-recovery would mean that you could probably safely sub him out if need be. But if the AI manipulation works for you and you can work well with the team, might as well roll with it! And that's better than me lol. Half the time if I'm trying to bait, I either fatally miscalculate and everyone goes in the wrong direction or Wings of Murder screws me over. I think I was just not meant for Enemy Phase action.

I'm just in general low on fodder no Odin, no renewal fodder. I need to do a couple fodder pulls once I have more orbs :V

Lucius is also there to buff everyone's speed and attack along with his healing. 

WoM will wreck your day. Baiting definently takes practice and patience. At this point I'm almost determined to make it work out of spite for whenever it doesn't work for whatever reason!

Wow, screw this. People were right, this IS extremely hard. I lost on a hard difficulty map. No way could I ever even attempt a lunatic one. These maps also cost way too much stamina, imo. But I don't even want masked Lucina anyway.

At least I got a couple orbs and some crystals out of it, so it wasn't for nothing.

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, screw this. People were right, this IS extremely hard. I lost on a hard difficulty map. No way could I ever even attempt a lunatic one. These maps also cost way too much stamina, imo. But I don't even want masked Lucina anyway.

At least I got a couple orbs and some crystals out of it, so it wasn't for nothing.

they are actually more stamina effecient compared to training tower at the hard and lunatic settings, but only your best units and a healer stand a chance if you're going free to play

@Anacybele These maps are actually very efficient in terms of stamina. 7 maps on the hardest difficulty for only 20 stamina? In the Tower you can expect to spend 63 stamina at a minimum.

The difficulty is another story though. They're far from easy, but that's to be expected honestly.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Edited by MrSmokestack

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

@Anacybele These maps are actually very efficient in terms of stamina. 7 maps on the hardest difficulty for only 20 stamina? In the Tower you can expect to spend 63 stamina at a minimum.

The difficulty is another story though. They're difficult, but that's to be expected honestly.

EDIT: Ninja'd

1 minute ago, Lemmy said:

they are actually more stamina effecient compared to training tower at the hard and lunatic settings, but only your best units and a healer stand a chance if you're going free to play

With how hard these maps are though, you're likely going to attempt them several times over and that's a lot of stamina.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

At least, for once, Lunatic is more stamina efficient.

Also - losing a Lunatic run at last map gives as much points as winning a Hard run?