Tempest Torture

Arthur97

Well, now that I've gotten my Seals, I've slowed down a bit, I think I only played Tempest once today.  I think I'll add my two cents overall.  I think I've seen similar arguments.

The Good: I really like the Mode, I think they should make it a permanent mode you can access at all time and not just during special events.  Maybe they could do daily quests, make give Feathers or an Orb a day for getting a certain score.  It would be a nice way to give you something to do everyday, besides Arena or just waiting for the next event or mission batch.  Then they could do the cumulative score awards for certain events.  It's a great way for grinding SP and HM for max level characters, since Arena has gimped SP for whatever reason.  It also makes healers a bit more useful, since it's hard to run rocket tag like Arena.

The Bad: It's grindy beyond all heck.  I love the mode, but there were a couple days where after running it for the tenth time, it got a little boring.  I think this goes along with my next issue that the map pool really needs to be increased.  Everyone hates the cliff and forest map, AKA RIP turn count, and I don't know about others, but after playing the corner flyer map for the hundredth time, I never want to see that map again.  We have about a hundred unique maps, so why do we keep seeing the same seven over and over again?  It can also be tough for F2P players who might not have much beyond one team to be able to field.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Rezzy said:

Well, now that I've gotten my Seals, I've slowed down a bit, I think I only played Tempest once today.  I think I'll add my two cents overall.  I think I've seen similar arguments.

The Good: I really like the Mode, I think they should make it a permanent mode you can access at all time and not just during special events.  Maybe they could do daily quests, make give Feathers or an Orb a day for getting a certain score.  It would be a nice way to give you something to do everyday, besides Arena or just waiting for the next event or mission batch.  Then they could do the cumulative score awards for certain events.  It's a great way for grinding SP and HM for max level characters, since Arena has gimped SP for whatever reason.  It also makes healers a bit more useful, since it's hard to run rocket tag like Arena.

The Bad: It's grindy beyond all heck.  I love the mode, but there were a couple days where after running it for the tenth time, it got a little boring.  I think this goes along with my next issue that the map pool really needs to be increased.  Everyone hates the cliff and forest map, AKA RIP turn count, and I don't know about others, but after playing the corner flyer map for the hundredth time, I never want to see that map again.  We have about a hundred unique maps, so why do we keep seeing the same seven over and over again?  It can also be tough for F2P players who might not have much beyond one team to be able to field.

I can get behind these opinions.

I think I grind more than y'all since I'm responsible for two accounts.

4 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I can get behind these opinions.

I think I grind more than y'all since I'm responsible for two accounts.

Feeling the burnout here with 2 accounts, too

i have 40k in my second account and that has the better team with Nino/Lucina/Klein core. Will get the seal soon.

lagging behind my main account though. Just at 36k and whole Tharja is good, lately i been struggling with poor matchupsnot wishing i had a good archer or something since Felicias and healers slow down my team. 

I think i can barely make it for the main one but been on a non-succesful streak really makes the grind worse (and this is the account where i only have a handful of good red units, too)

at least the flier map is the easiest when you have an archer

Edited by mcsilas

25 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I actually like the cliff and forest map. There is usually a unit near the bush/forest near the bottom right that is a free kill for my Bride Cordelia. The cliffs also prevent the enemy units from rushing me. The layout also funnels the enemy slowly through the bush in the middle or the long path on left, and with two dancers, I can kill them in quick succession. If there are enemy fliers, it is even better because they are usually near their allies on the second or third turn so Cordelia kills them in one hit AND Savage Blow sometimes deals enough chip damage that she can kill Raven tome users without receiving damage in return.

Edited by XRay

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I actually like the cliff and forest map. There is usually a unit near the bush/forest near the bottom right that is a free kill for my Bride Cordelia. The cliffs also prevent the enemy units from rushing me. The layout also funnels the enemy slowly through the bush in the middle or the long path on left, and with two dancers, I can kill them in quick succession. If there are enemy fliers, it is even better because they are usually near their allies on the second or third turn so Cordelia kills them in one hit; in addition, Savage Blow sometimes deals enough chip damage that she can kill Raven tome users without receiving damage in return.

I think the key word there is slowly.  If turn counts weren't an issue, I wouldn't mind as much, but often I spend so many turns baiting, falling back, and rearranging that my Speed rank tanks.  I can only really funnel one unit at a time in, and can't take out multiple units in a turn.

11 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Support Code errors are kicking my ass. Anything on that?

The thing is, 'support code errors' doesn't actually tell us anything. It's like saying: My phone isn't turning on. We have no idea where to even start to troubleshoot.

At least give us the support error code (the string of numbers), or, if there isn't a string, tell us there isn't. Beyond that, how you're playing the game (on a phone, on a emulator, version of the phone, etc.) also matters.

Edited by DehNutCase

Figured they were basically the same thing- or at least, led to the same thing. I always just rid them by deleting the "device" file thing, but that doesn't allow me to resume where I left off...

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I think the key word there is slowly.  If turn counts weren't an issue, I wouldn't mind as much, but often I spend so many turns baiting, falling back, and rearranging that my Speed rank tanks.  I can only really funnel one unit at a time in, and can't take out multiple units in a turn.

Yeah. I guess it really depends on the player's team composition. I just love abusing dancers in the Tempest Trials since enemies cannot fully take advantage of skill inheritance to counter glass cannons.

7 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Support Code errors are kicking my ass. Anything on that?

I presume you're playing on emulator?

Support errors are pretty easy to circumvent if you have access to root, since you can use a file browser app like ESFileExplorer to locate and delete this file:

Spoiler

Data --> Data --> com.Nintendo.zaba--> SharedPrefs--> DeviceAccount.xml

Force quit Heroes and start it up again. It should work normally. You'll have to do this every time you restart though.

There's also a sticky in the Heroes subforum that can give you more information on the issue if you need it.

Spoiler

Yo can you link me that Sanaki pic

A la @Rezzy my motivation to keep playing Tempest has completely tanked now that I have the Quick Pulse seal. It's a novel concept but it gets repetitive fast. Hopefully future events add more map variety, since that's the easiest fix to make.

@XRay The problem has less to do with the difficulty and more with the fact that the map designs like to waste your time.

1 minute ago, Soul~! said:

Figured they were basically the same thing- or at least, led to the same thing. I always just rid them by deleting the "device" file thing, but that doesn't allow me to resume where I left off...

If it's the 803-3001 error, there wouldn't be a way to resume where you left off, because bookmarks are saved locally, and that error means your local save data was corrupted. It sucks to get one in the middle of a run, but that's just how it goes.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

I presume you're playing on emulator?

Support errors are pretty easy to circumvent if you have access to root, since you can use a file browser app like ESFileExplorer to locate and delete this file:

Hide contents

Data --> Data --> com.Nintendo.zaba--> SharedPrefs--> DeviceAccount.xml

Hide contents

@Rezzy

@XRay

Like I said, that's what I always do. It's a problem when you can't resume back to it when you're in the middle of this...anything on that, specifically?

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

The problem has less to do with the difficulty and more with the fact that the map designs like to waste your time.

I run two dancers so I never had issues with turn counts, especially with the first six maps. I agree that it does suck for people who do not have broken glass cannons to utilize two dancers though.

1 hour ago, Soul~! said:

If anyone is actually as stupid as me (hint I doubt it), just take your time. And by "take your time" I mean actually think. I don't think I've found myself in a non-counterale situation. I've mostly fucked it up by trying to speedrun and ended up making rash decisions or completely messing up some calculation or failing to see one of those coming (Galeforce and Vantage, I'm looking at you). Wish I started this days earlier, now I'm just desperate.

*raises hand*

I can get to the last stage on the penultimate Lunatic challenge, but that's it. I figured out I had to grind some of my units first because only a few were Level 40 and I didn't have a good composition for them (I swear someday I'll have enough patience to read the meta and structure my teams accordingly, but that day is not today), so I spent most of my time grinding than doing Tempest Trial runs. At least I have a lot of Stamina Potions, but I'm still stuck at 1K.

10 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Had that issue with my rooted phone.

Literally delete the file before you start a run.

Then you need to speedrun all 7 maps.

So I was actually reading through your topic, and it turns out it was that error. Again, I did the thing where you delete the device.xml.

Why do you need to speedrun? Does it run on a timer?

Just got 56k. And that concludes my daily 8k. Currently ranked just outside of top 5k. Since I've been steadily climbing the ranks, I should be able to finish the event with at least 8000 feathers :D

11 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

So I was actually reading through your topic, and it turns out it was that error. Again, I did the thing where you delete the device.xml.

Why do you need to speedrun? Does it run on a timer?

If you're on an emulator or a rooted phone, safetynet checks your status roughly every hour/half hour/two hours/whenever

And you don't know when that check is.

You're on a timer to get banned.

I've had times when I was fine for 4 hours.

Others, banned within 15 minutes with the Grand Hero Battles.

Sometimes I just redid the file linking and got banned RIGHT when I started a map.

You just don't know.

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

If you're on an emulator or a rooted phone, safetynet checks your status roughly every hour/half hour/two hours/whenever

And you don't know when that check is.

You're on a timer to get banned.

I've had times when I was fine for 4 hours.

Others, banned within 15 minutes with the Grand Hero Battles.

Sometimes I just redid the file linking and got banned RIGHT when I started a map.

You just don't know.

oh.

15-30 minutes. Somewhat works for me. For a minute there I was almost literally speedrunning...welp.

So, really, nothing you can do about it?

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Do it. Quick Pulse is the bee's knees.

I'm 90% in it for the 'Pulse.