Tempest Torture

Arthur97

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Luna of Dragonblood said:

Hmm...you'll need ~16k in 5 days to get M!Marth; which averages to 3,200 points a day. If you're getting ~200 a pop...you'll need to use a stamina potion or two to do it (if you can consistently just get to Veronica's map). It's doable! Rough, but doable!

Your initial team seems pretty reliant on hitting units' RES; my initial team (Tharja, Nino, Azura, and Lissa) encounters the same problem, actually. The inflated stats make some units too bulky, and a Niles or Felicia can shut them down easily (Azura can't even kill Niles, so I have to rely on her+either Tharja or Nino to secure the kill).

Perhaps a simple attempt to fix it would be switch the order of your teams? If you need certain units to clear the last map, try to save them for that last map (even if Team A wipes on Battle 3-4, your team for Veronica might have enough HP to do it). What does your cavalier team look like? It seems pretty physical-heavy, but they might be able to get the job done with the right buffs/composition.

Do you have any decent archers? What about your other blues and greens?

Niles still is beaten by M!Robin thankfully, so long as I avoid triggering Iceberg. 

The cavaliers are as described, and as for others below level 40, my sole decent archer is Setsuna at 36. Other units at or around that level are Azura, the Askran trio, Fae, Barst, Roy, Lilina and Oboro. Any of those besides Azura worth levelling up quicky?

Really got back into the game after just not playing for two days. It's hard to be a good tactician when you're worried about other things. I've gotten my score up to 46,668. I should be able to get the Quickened Pulse seal. I told myself I'd stop there, but I may keep going until the even ends. I doubt I'll reach 100k to make up for the days I lost, but I've got the stamina potions to burn. 50 right now. I probably won't burn more than 10 however. I like my hoarding. 

I also managed to max out Xander's HM. Titania, Ursula, and Sanaki all need less than 400 HM each. And Priscilla's pretty close to breaking 1000. Cecilia will be getting the upgrade treatment next!!

This is, indeed, Tempest Torture. I can't. I wanted to go to Quickened Pulse, but with my life IRL and this game mod that is so frustrating... I wonder even if I can go to 22.5k. I'm at 14k, and I'm so pissed. I don't have any of these A ranks units, and it's so stupidly hard.

There's no fun is this. So I think I quit.

Finally received the Quickened Pulse seal on my main account! Feels so good to finally not worry about min-maxing the stamina for the day, 7 maps in a row times 5 is just tiring after a while.

Somehow my Tharja has 3435 SP now. I'm so glad I 5 starred her literally a week before the trials began.

But yeah now i can feel like I can breathe and live life again, I'm gonna get busy anyway in the next week so I finished at a good time. Still have to do the GHB anyway and finish training Camus.

2 hours ago, Ledrert said:

This is, indeed, Tempest Torture. I can't. I wanted to go to Quickened Pulse, but with my life IRL and this game mod that is so frustrating... I wonder even if I can go to 22.5k. I'm at 14k, and I'm so pissed. I don't have any of these A ranks units, and it's so stupidly hard.

There's no fun is this. So I think I quit.

What is your current team? And what units do you have that are level 40 or in the high 30s? In my opinion, using two dancers and two glass cannons is the cheapest way to get consistent decent scores. Two Olivias are given away for free and they do not need to be at a very high level either. Most people also already have one or two glass cannons from their Arena team.

It does take some practice to use two dancers, but once you get used to it, it is very easy to use and actually very forgiving of mistakes since you can always dance and "undo" the move. Dancers also make great meat shields since losing one is not huge deal breaker and you still have a chance of getting decent scores with only three units left.

Welp, we're done.

Nino was the key, but I have to admit, as much as I regretted 5-starring Xander thinking it wasn't worth it, I couldn't have done it without him. Was slower than I anticipated (Legion was a big monkey wrench) but I got there. My mains are all maxed on HM now so I'll be devoting the rest of my stamina to grinding SP on units like Athena and Nino as well as HM on my other characters. Might go a little slower but I'm sure I can hit at least 70k by the end of the event. 

Ultimately though, I'm satisfied. 

Edited by Zeo

44 minutes ago, XRay said:

What is your current team? And what units do you have that are level 40 or in the high 30s? In my opinion, using two dancers and two glass cannons is the cheapest way to get consistent decent scores. Two Olivias are given away for free and they do not need to be at a very high level either. Most people also already have one or two glass cannons from their Arena team.

It does take some practice to use two dancers, but once you get used to it, it is very easy to use and actually very forgiving of mistakes since you can always dance and "undo" the move. Dancers also make great meat shields since losing one is not huge deal breaker and you still have a chance of getting decent scores with only three units left.

I'm using M!Robin (with TA3 and QR2), Hana (Brave Sword+, actually in training since I pulled a better IV one this morning), Michalis (with QR2 and Bonfire) and Lissa to go to the last battle.
There, the other units who can be used are :

Spoiler

• 5* : Alm (with Renewal and Darting Blow), Caeda (with actually Reposition and Chilling Wind), Ephraim, Catria, Jaffar, Eirika, Eliwood, Hawkeye
  • 4* : Cordelia, Odin, Raven, Nino, F!Robin (actually thinking to pass TA2 to her), Felicia, Palla, Merric, Cecilia (36), Sharena, Lloyd (35 with Darting Blow 2), Sully (34), Jeorge (34) and Kagero (34)
  • Dancers : Azura (26) and Olivia (4*, 20)
  • Actually in training : Hana, Reinhardt, Luke and Legion (4*)

The big problem is these stupidly overpowered units. And the worst : Veronica. If I lose my first team before her fight, my chances are getting very low, since I might lose one of my most useful units. My first team is correctly balanced, that's why I can go all the way with them (if the IA don't screw me (I'm looking at you, Lunge ! And you too, Wing of Mercy !)), but I miss another good healer and good second-hands units to make a 2nd team without using the ones who can counter the right units in the final battle. And these AoE panic from Veronica is bulls*** !

5 hours ago, Dayni said:

Niles still is beaten by M!Robin thankfully, so long as I avoid triggering Iceberg. 

The cavaliers are as described, and as for others below level 40, my sole decent archer is Setsuna at 36. Other units at or around that level are Azura, the Askran trio, Fae, Barst, Roy, Lilina and Oboro. Any of those besides Azura worth levelling up quicky?

That's good~ I'm glad you have a pretty solid counter to Niles! He's ended many a good run for me... :'D

Lilina can be good for taking on Veronica, I've heard. I'm not too sure with Roy, sadly... Oboro's pretty nice if you need a solid tank for reds and other blues doing physical damage...plus, Rally Defense isn't too bad to have if another unit needs to take a hit. Fae's pretty powerful, but her speed (unless she's +SPD, and even then...) puts her at a bit of risk for doubling - she's also really at risk of any and all Falchion users, so keep her from those at all cost. The Askran Trio shine at 5*, and I didn't find much success when trying to use them at 4* (though, that could've been through a lack of inheritance rather than their rarity...).

Really, each unit does best when they're in a team that rounds them out. Any combination of who you have could definitely work so long as you're covering the triangle. Though, if you can only focus on one unit, Azura without a doubt. Dancers are fantastic, and Azura's Sapphire Lance+ let's her take on reds like Ryoma and Ike with surprising ease (then again, mine's +ATK...I'm sure a neutral ATK Azura could do it, too, though~!).

3 hours ago, Ledrert said:

I'm using M!Robin (with TA3 and QR2), Hana (Brave Sword+, actually in training since I pulled a better IV one this morning), Michalis (with QR2 and Bonfire) and Lissa to go to the last battle.
There, the other units who can be used are :

Hide contents

• 5* : Alm (with Renewal and Darting Blow), Caeda (with actually Reposition and Chilling Wind), Ephraim, Catria, Jaffar, Eirika, Eliwood, Hawkeye
  • 4* : Cordelia, Odin, Raven, Nino, F!Robin (actually thinking to pass TA2 to her), Felicia, Palla, Merric, Cecilia (36), Sharena, Lloyd (35 with Darting Blow 2), Sully (34), Jeorge (34) and Kagero (34)
  • Dancers : Azura (26) and Olivia (4*, 20)
  • Actually in training : Hana, Reinhardt, Luke and Legion (4*)

The big problem is these stupidly overpowered units. And the worst : Veronica. If I lose my first team before her fight, my chances are getting very low, since I might lose one of my most useful units. My first team is correctly balanced, that's why I can go all the way with them (if the IA don't screw me (I'm looking at you, Lunge ! And you too, Wing of Mercy !)), but I miss another good healer and good second-hands units to make a 2nd team without using the ones who can counter the right units in the final battle. And these AoE panic from Veronica is bulls*** !

How much do you use Lissa and Michalis? What level is your Alm? You might want to replace Lissa with Alm since he can do combat and heal if you really need a healer. Michalis is not bad, but the only stage I can think of where he is useful is the map with enemy fliers. In my opinion, Nino can do that just as well and be a good glass cannon.

Balancing your team usually is not necessary if you employ Blade tomes because they are absurdly powerful.

I think you can try Robin, Nino, Alm, and Azura first and see how it goes. If Robin is your primary glass cannon, he can keep TA if you keep a red unit, but LnD and Fury are much better for increasing coverage. Alm covers Robin and he would be your man for taking down Veronica and healing your party; you might also want to get rid of Windsweep and give him a better skill if possible. Nino ideally should be your primary glass cannon since her stats are more suitable for that role.

Azura is a dancer, so she has a lot of responsibilities. On Veronica's map, you can use your glass cannon to take a shot at the armor unit, then have Azura dance the cannon out of danger. On the map with flyers, Azura will allow Nino to strike twice per turn, so that map should be a breeze. On the map that many people seem to hate (the one with two paths leading up, the middle right path has a bush/forest and the left path is all the way to the left), there will usually be an enemy unit near the bush, and Azura's job will be to dance the glass cannon into the bush so it can get a free kill on that enemy unit.

If you can, try to replace Robin, Nino, or Alm with Olivia. I do not recommend Robin since you need him for the bonus. Getting rid of Nino might cause you problems on the flyer map, but if you have two dancers, Robin might be able to do that job well enough. If you get rid of Alm, you most likely will need to level up Olivia and give her a Ruby Sword, since she will take over Alm's role of killing Veronica if Nino cannot do that job reliably enough.

Edit: I just realized Renewal replaces Windsweep.

Edited by XRay

I'm throwing in the towel. I can't endure this atrocity in poor video game design anymore. When a game becomes a chore to play or when they player forces themselves to continue (against their will) for some form of reward, it has failed. Utterly and completely. I haven't even been able to do the things I like in FE:H (GHBs, training new units) anymore because I've been using every last drop of my stamina to keep crawling towards 50K. Alas, it was not to be.

IS really need to fix the scoring system if they want it to appeal to a wider audience.

Final score was just over 34K. At least I got 5* Masked Luci.

33 minutes ago, Luchi said:

I'm throwing in the towel. I can't endure this atrocity in poor video game design anymore. When a game becomes a chore to play or when they player forces themselves to continue (against their will) for some form of reward, it has failed. Utterly and completely. I haven't even been able to do the things I like in FE:H (GHBs, training new units) anymore because I've been using every last drop of my stamina to keep crawling towards 50K. Alas, it was not to be.

IS really need to fix the scoring system if they want it to appeal to a wider audience.

Final score was just over 34K. At least I got 5* Masked Luci.

Dude, I'm barely sitting at 19k at under 10 Potions (hell, about to use my 9th one later) and I'm planning to at least make The Pulse by going around 10k a day.

The game is amazingly designed, and that is why I'm struggling so much. This is what games do, or at least what they're supposed to. I completely get it, this shit is just tedious. I don't think I can even afford to waste any Stamina on anything but the Trials (hell, I just got a *5 Charlotte I've been wanting the other day). It's only 4 days left, and I know I'll feel really good if I manage to get it. Take necessary breaks and don't stress on it. You're far more ahead than I am, and can at least hope to make The Pulse without this kind of investment.

I just discovered this as a new player.  With me just learning this game and the fact my toons are all below 35, I'll be lucky if I can get 4 star Masked Marth.  However, my 5 Lucina helps soothe the pain I'll get by likely not hitting 30K

23 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's not a mode for everyone. Different people enjoy different amounts of it, if any. 

To enjoy.

That's cute.

19 minutes ago, De Gea said:

I just discovered this as a new player.  With me just learning this game and the fact my toons are all below 35, I'll be lucky if I can get 4 star Masked Marth.  However, my 5 Lucina helps soothe the pain I'll get by likely not hitting 30K

"toons"

omg

If you're going hard, I'm sure you can.

life%20and%20death_zpssloclgnf.jpg

baby%20steps_zpstdde4wvx.png

We getting somewhere. One step at a time.

Don't know where I'd be without Sanaki. Who would've thought Life & Death + Desperation would actually work?