Tempest Torture

Arthur97

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, JSND said:

Sooner or later we will have Dragon Lucina, Water Lucina, Ground Lucina, Grass Lucina, Dark Lucina, Mega Lucina, Primal Lucina, Lucina Therian, and Lucina Origin Formation

All the more reason to have goad Lucina skills.

Given the fact that Lunatic will reduce the number of allies you can dispatch, I am assuming that we will only be able to use 3 units/map for all 7 maps. With this assumption, my 3 man team will be:

Lucina: falcion, reciprocal aid, moonbow, +spd (might go for LAD1/2), Renewal, spur ATK, spur def seal

Reinhardt: dire thunder, reposition, draconic aura, deathblow, lance breaker, hone ATK, +ATK seal

Hector: armads, pivot, bonfire, dc, vantage, spur ATK, +HP seal.

This seems like it will do. However, since Time is a factor (up to 1.2x more points), I am unsure about my Lucina. I think going reposition, fury and sword breaker will be better but the recoil might make it very difficult for me to keep her alive. Surviving is more important that clear time (1.4x bonus compared to 1.2x). What do you guys think I should go fo? I am currently training up my lucina right now.

9 minutes ago, Clogon said:

Given the fact that Lunatic will reduce the number of allies you can dispatch, I am assuming that we will only be able to use 3 units/map for all 7 maps. With this assumption, my 3 man team will be:

Lucina: falcion, reciprocal aid, moonbow, +spd (might go for LAD1/2), Renewal, spur ATK, spur def seal

Reinhardt: dire thunder, reposition, draconic aura, deathblow, lance breaker, hone ATK, +ATK seal

This seems like it will do. However, since Time is a factor (up to 1.2x more points), I am unsure about my Lucina. I think going reposition, fury and sword breaker will be better but the recoil might make it very difficult for me to keep her alive. Surviving is more important that clear time (1.4x bonus compared to 1.2x). What do you guys think I should go fo? I am currently training up my lucina right now.

Where does it say you get less allies? The picture shows you get more teams in Lunatic, but not less units per team.

6 minutes ago, Clogon said:

Three things:

1) Have you considered desperation as a b-skill? It would mean you don't have to worry to much when she's under a certain point of health, as she could just kill the opponent without receiving a counter attack. It might conflict a bit with falchion's healing ability though.

2) Why do you think lunatic would only give you 3 units? They could very easily make the battles more difficult in lunatic and give us more battles with possibly less teams. Forcing us to use smaller teams would very heavily impact gameplay, so I don't think they'll do this if they have so many other options.

3) Hector might not be the best unit for a good clear time, since it takes longer to get him to the front line (repostion on Reinhardt and pivot on Hector helps, but you'll still be slower then normal). Baiting and counter killing works fine in the arena where the turns to set it up don't matter, but it might hurt you a bit here. You may want to consider another heavy hitting green unit. Of course, actually clearing it with a lesser time is better then not clearing it at all, so if you don't have a good replacement you should still use him.

I already find the gauntlets to be rather tedious, but I am definitely not looking forward to repeating tempest trials over and over to maximize points for several days. Also kinda annoying that it means one cannot use energy for anything else in that time.

6 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I already find the gauntlets to be rather tedious, but I am definitely not looking forward to repeating tempest trials over and over to maximize points for several days. Also kinda annoying that it means one cannot use energy for anything else in that time.

Perhaps the enemies will be randomized, like the Training Tower? Still, it seems like a weird way to do it. "Death lasting for the rest of this one of many attempts at the multi-map quest" is a lot more tame than "death lasting for the whole rest of the event": it won't stop players from bringing in your best characters on each fresh attempt and eventually figuring out ways to do those attempts deathless.

11 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

1) Have you considered desperation as a b-skill? It would mean you don't have to worry to much when she's under a certain point of health, as she could just kill the opponent without receiving a counter attack. It might conflict a bit with falchion's healing ability though.

Desperation on Lucina means that Falchion's healing just makes you go back and forth between having enough HP to survive a counterattack and having Desperation active. You just have to make sure you're never being attacked on enemy phase.

10 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Or, you know, you could just pace yourself. You have 14 days to get whatever score you're aiming for, and if you can consistently get a certain number of points, you know how much stamina you need to set aside for Tempest each day.

Assuming the maximum prize is 30,000 points and you get 250 points per 20 stamina as shown in the example screenshot, that's 60% of your total stamina for those 14 days that you need to set aside for Tempest.

If you can get 500 points per 20 stamina, as was guessed a page or so back, that's 30% of your total stamina.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Or, you know, you could just pace yourself. You have 14 days to get whatever score you're aiming for, and if you can consistently get a certain number of points, you know how much stamina you need to set aside for Tempest each day.

Assuming the maximum prize is 30,000 points and you get 250 points per 20 stamina as shown in the example screenshot, that's 60% of your total stamina for those 14 days that you need to set aside for Tempest.

If you can get 500 points per 20 stamina, as was guessed a page or so back, that's 30% of your total stamina.

I mostly agree, yet there is still the issue of ranking if I understood the screenshots and the explanation in-game correctly. I don't know the additional rewards for ranking, but those would definitely require full dedication to the energy consumption, because rankings are not fixed values. Also, 60% of total stamina is still quite a lot and falls under the category of "tedious" for me. Maybe that's just me, though. (EDIT: I should add that 30% isn't tedious anymore, but with rankings it goes back to 100% anyways.)

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

12 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I mostly agree, yet there is still the issue of ranking if I understood the screenshots and the explanation in-game correctly. I don't know the additional rewards for ranking, but those would definitely require full dedication to the energy consumption, because rankings are not fixed values. Also, 60% of total stamina is still quite a lot and falls under the category of "tedious" for me. Maybe that's just me, though. (EDIT: I should add that 30% isn't tedious anymore, but with rankings it goes back to 100% anyways.)

We'll have to see what rewards are obtained through the rankings. I wouldn't be surprised if it's going to be just feather rewards (in a similar fashion to the Voting Gauntlet), considering the seals and Marths are under the cumulative score rewards segment.

16 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I mostly agree, yet there is still the issue of ranking if I understood the screenshots and the explanation in-game correctly. I don't know the additional rewards for ranking, but those would definitely require full dedication to the energy consumption, because rankings are not fixed values. Also, 60% of total stamina is still quite a lot and falls under the category of "tedious" for me. Maybe that's just me, though.

Then you don't need to pool in 60% of your stamina?

From a design standpoint it makes sense to me that only the people willing to put in extra effort would get the best rewards, rather than anybody being able to get them. It's the same as with gauntlets. You don't have to play every 30 minutes, but it's something you should try to do to improve your chances of maximizing your rewards. But if you find playing every 30 minutes tedious, then you can just slow down and accept moderate rewards instead. 

6 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Then you don't need to pool in 60% of your stamina?

From a design standpoint it makes sense to me that only the people willing to put in extra effort would get the best rewards, rather than anybody being able to get them. It's the same as with gauntlets. You don't have to play every 30 minutes, but it's something you should try to do to improve your chances of maximizing your rewards. But if you find playing every 30 minutes tedious, then you can just slow down and accept moderate rewards instead. 

I never spoke of a general necessity of putting in effort, I was just pointing out that I am not looking forward to it, as I DO put in the effort for better rewards; I just don't like it. This time especially, since it also affects the energy availability, which gauntlets do not. (EDIT: At least I'll be able to sleep properly with tempest trials XD )

Edited by MonkeyCheez3K

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

We'll have to see what rewards are obtained through the rankings. I wouldn't be surprised if it's going to be just feather rewards (in a similar fashion to the Voting Gauntlet), considering the seals and Marths are under the cumulative score rewards segment.

"Just feather rewards"? Seems like a weird statement to be making about one of the most valuable commodities in the game. >.>

1 hour ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

"Just feather rewards"? Seems like a weird statement to be making about one of the most valuable commodities in the game. >.>

I mean, I have 50K (and some change) and wouldn't mind some more.

Edited by Arthur97

39 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

"Just" as in "only", not "just" as in "merely".

27 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I mean, I have 50K and wouldn't mind some more.

I also have 50k

If I can get 5k more by the end of the season, OP OP Oboro will be here!

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I also have 50k

If I can get 5k more by the end of the season, OP OP Oboro will be here!

Well, I just upgraded Camus Friday which is why I'm so low. That and upgrading Adult Tiki and Barst to harvest for weapons.

Alright, got Camus to lv. 40 5* and got all of his default skills as well as Swap and QR2 learned. Another option ready for the Tempest Trials.

Edited by Roflolxp54

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, I just upgraded Camus Friday which is why I'm so low. That and upgrading Adult Tiki and Barst to harvest for weapons.

Ah you're just like me then

I would have had 82k if I didn't promote A TON of fodder lol But hey, needs before wants amirite?

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Ah you're just like me then

I would have had 82k if I didn't promote A TON of fodder lol But hey, needs before wants amirite?

I wish I wasn't so indecisive when it comes to promoting though. I did Camus fairly easily since, you know, distant counter lance and essentially a better Xander, but other than him and NIno, I haven't upgraded any to keep.

11 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I wish I wasn't so indecisive when it comes to promoting though. I did Camus fairly easily since, you know, distant counter lance and essentially a better Xander, but other than him and NIno, I haven't upgraded any to keep.

I don't call it indecisiveness

I call it "Making sure this is what I need in the game right now" LEL

I promoted Nino and that's all I need, so now I'm just going to do whatever I want! 

Lukas - Soren - Olivia - Wrys say bring it on. Lukas melts red units to death, Soren cripples Blues and weakens greens, Olivia boosts the first two and finishes greens if she has to. Wrys keeps everyone spick and spam with Kagero trading in with him in certain scenarios, mostly powerful greens and red mages. Only thing she's useless against are fliers and cavalry emblem. Both of which Soren + Olivia melts away. Bring it all the way on. All I need is to raise Maria/Sakura real quick for some backup healers. Guess this is where having 2 Takumi's and 2 B!Cordelia's comes in handy. If one dies I have another, lol.

The 3 man limit worries me a bit though. I'll have to forgo my colorless in that case which means I can't make any mistakes with my main 3. It's pretty exciting. I have both Tharja and M!Robin at level 40 but I don't see myself deploying them, I probably will build a makeshift team around them and if they're killed oh well.

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Lukas - Soren - Olivia - Wrys say bring it on. Lukas melts red units to death, Soren cripples Blues and weakens greens, Olivia boosts the first two and finishes greens if she has to. Wrys keeps everyone spick and spam with Kagero trading in with him in certain scenarios, mostly powerful greens and red mages. Only thing she's useless against are fliers and cavalry emblem. Both of which Soren + Olivia melts away. Bring it all the way on. All I need is to raise Maria/Sakura real quick for some backup healers. Guess this is where having 2 Takumi's and 2 B!Cordelia's comes in handy. If one dies I have another, lol.

The 3 man limit worries me a bit though. I'll have to forgo my colorless in that case which means I can't make any mistakes with my main 3. It's pretty exciting. I have both Tharja and M!Robin at level 40 but I don't see myself deploying them, I probably will build a makeshift team around them and if they're killed oh well.

What is this talk about 3 man teams? I see nothing to corroborate this.

Also, you don't seem too concerned with the bonus.