Tempest Torture

Arthur97

Damn you guys are beasts.  I need to get my units to 35 otherwise I'm stuck doing the 75 point battles....I'm almost at 4K which means Marth as a 4 star is my only hope at this point.  Not the end of the world as I can promote.  

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Blast it! Reinhardt with Defiant Atk killed my (4*) F!Robin, then Wings of Mercy Jaffar followed up and sniped Olivia behind her. Even at 40% health, Map 7 is too hard when I don't have my cav team.

I struggle as well, I have 2 teams that can take out the last map. A third team can depending on the combo I get. Fourth team though I'm going to fail it. My main team that almost carries me 100% of the way is Reinhardt/Olwen/Xander/Tharja all 5*. Normally run Cecilia in my Horse EMblem, but I wanted the bonus points and surprisingly Tharja works quite well, as really only tanky greens give me problems and she's good against those. If that fails, then I run Sanaki/Hector/Azura/Roy and they can pretty much always beat the last map regardless of comp, unless I screw up or just some bad luck. Occasionally, I forget to check for Wings and that screws up. 

I feel where you're coming from, I had to power level a Reinhardt I managed to pull, during the event. Otherwise I couldn't do it, but just broke 30,000 today going to grind out my last 20,000...good thing I have like 65 Stamina Potions. 

I'm done! 100,624, now I guess I'll have to keep going to stay in the top 5k rank, but there's not a lot to look foward to. Maybe I'll use the last two days to SP grind Luke and Hinoka or something...

Late to the party on this.  Been busy the last few weeks.  So I hadn't had a lot of time to put into the fire emblem games as of late.  So hoping to get to 50K for seals and two Marths.  So far in the mad rush, doing ok.  Reach 11k mark and hoping to grind to 20k-30k tonight.  So far sp farming been good. Got good teams and from talking with someone.  Breath of life seal and characters seem to viable in this format.  So hopefuly do good on this and any tips can be appreciated.  Plus I got 60 stamina I'm ready to burn throught on this.

Decided to stop fucking around and deploy a team I know can do fast, reliable clears. It's working, and I'm starting to get better scores, and deploying certain other units on the last map lets them grab a bit of hero merit as well, which is nice. I'm almost at 85k, let's see how much farther I can go.

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

43k.. So close and yet so far. How do you people with over 100k do it, this is hell!

705 points per run translates a little to over 10k per day assuming no stamina potion use or stamina overfill. 

As long as you can pretty consistently get deathless runs on Lunatic, it doesn't take too long. 

I finished getting up to 100k a little while ago, so I'm just farming HM now. I have three full rows of max HM now :DDD

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

I don't get how people can get to 100k and not get bored or burned out.

I got to 30k several days ago and barely done it since, being so bored of it... at 39k so I might have to use a few stamina potions to get to 50k.

At 67.5k. I didn't think it was affecting me but I think I'm starting to feel the grind. I'm rushing and getting sloppy. Failed 2 of my 5 runs and the other 3 I got a score in the 500 range. Poor choices cost me the 2 rounds I lost.

Are we getting 2 more orbs tomorrow? That will decide weather or not I want to push to 70k. The 5 orbs will be enough to get me a full pull from the vantage banner.

8 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Are we getting 2 more orbs tomorrow? That will decide weather or not I want to push to 70k. The 5 orbs will be enough to get me a full pull from the vantage banner.

Two daily Orbs should be until the 22nd.

To everyone: you're getting there! Whatever your goal is, don't give up! For those curious on rankings, 95,894 is rank 3,240.

1 hour ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

I don't get how people can get to 100k and not get bored or burned out.

I got to 30k several days ago and barely done it since, being so bored of it... at 39k so I might have to use a few stamina potions to get to 50k.

It helps alleviate some of the tedium if you do something else at the same time. 

I've just been doing Tempest runs while watching videos and such, which makes it a lot more bearable. Though I won't deny that I'm getting burned out. 

I've already hit 100k though and don't expect to rank in the top 1k, so at this point I can stop at any time. I'm just continuing to run Tempest to grind HM at this point since it's so damned efficient. 

12 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

The night is young, the end of the beggining.

Yay, more all-nighters.

You're really determined. I'm rooting for you. I wish I had that vigor to get 33k more points for those last 12 orbs. Sadly I have 0 stamina potions.

Just now, Zeo said:

You're really determined. I'm rooting for you. I wish I had that vigor to get 33k more points for those last 12 orbs. Sadly I have 0 stamina potions.

Yeah, I want to make it. Thanks for the support.

Broke 50k today and got quickened pulse. I could probably easily make it to 60k by the end of the event, but i'm spent and am going to need that stamina for the tower quests.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Wait, are you going for 99K?

no fuck

There's only "2 days" and I'm lucky if I make 500 per run . Doesn't help I'm at 5-6 Potions.

shit_zpsvnkxmm2c.png

Imagine this, x50. Assuming I'm not stupid enough to even make it there...

3 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

There's only "2 days" and I'm lucky if I make 500 per run . Doesn't help I'm at 5-6 Potions.

shit_zpsvnkxmm2c.png

Imagine this, x50. Assuming I'm not stupid enough to even make it there...

Ah, I've killed Veronica with Lissa before yes, I wasn't sure the way you worded it. I won't make it either at my rate. Oh well, more orbs means better chance at CYL characters.

I don't mean my strategy is to send him against her, but rather that I always miss a tiny little detail that kills my streak.

For the record, even if I in a very theorethical scenario actually ran 60 perfect runs (for 500) a day, I still wouldn't make 100k.

Edited by Soul~!

I guess it's a bit late to be asking this & it's probably been discussed at length before, but was the max survival multiplier x1.2? That seems so weird to me, considering how easy it is to lose people. The speed multiplier being the biggest one is fine, i like encouraging speed, but you'd think there would be something in place to incentivize not sandbagging when possible beyond an extra 100 or so points.