Jump to content
Arthur97

Tempest Torture

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

What is this talk about 3 man teams? I see nothing to corroborate this.

Also, you don't seem too concerned with the bonus.

I have 2 of the bonus characters, that's plenty of bonus, plus if it doesn't stack I won't need to run both of them which makes things safer. As for speed and survivability, I don't have any mega characters. Ike/Ryoma/Lucina/Nino/Linde/Hector etc so I won't be cheesing any maps, but with Wrys + Olivia and good tactics, nobody is dying, so there's a bonus.

As for the limit, I'm going by this image.

tempest-trials-difficulty-samples-300x27

I'm assuming that this number is the team size you can deploy and not just the enemies you face, but if it's not the case then all the easier. I'm also kind of excited to see a mode like this finally devalue everyone's Fury 3 builds while also valuing Healers. Running characters that lose 6 points of health every encounter with no healer when you have to run multiple maps in succession is a horrible idea. It's making me think twice about slapping the typical Fury 3/Brash Assault 3 on Lyn when she comes home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zeo said:

I have 2 of the bonus characters, that's plenty of bonus, plus if it doesn't stack I won't need to run both of them which makes things safer. As for speed and survivability, I don't have any mega characters. Ike/Ryoma/Lucina/Nino/Linde/Hector etc so I won't be cheesing any maps, but with Wrys + Olivia and good tactics, nobody is dying, so there's a bonus.

As for the limit, I'm going by this image.

tempest-trials-difficulty-samples-300x27

I'm assuming that this number is the team size you can deploy and not just the enemies you face, but if it's not the case then all the easier. I'm also kind of excited to see a mode like this finally devalue everyone's Fury 3 builds while also valuing Healers. Running characters that lose 6 points of health every encounter with no healer when you have to run multiple maps in succession is a horrible idea. It's making me think twice about slapping the typical Fury 3/Brash Assault 3 on Lyn when she comes home.

You just didn't seem keen on playing them is all.

Also, those icons have always refereed to enemies on the field when you start (i.e. not counting reinforcements). The team number I'm pretty sure is the number of teams not how many per team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Supposedly coming with the patch according to dataminers:

-ability to name teams
-3 more teams
-set your defense team
-"Accept All" button for quest rewards
-ability to turn off double tapping to wait in settings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Supposedly coming with the patch according to dataminers:

-ability to name teams
-3 more teams
-set your defense team
-"Accept All" button for quest rewards
-ability to turn off double tapping to wait in settings

Patch is already here. Check your App Store 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Supposedly coming with the patch according to dataminers:

-ability to name teams
-3 more teams
-set your defense team
-"Accept All" button for quest rewards
-ability to turn off double tapping to wait in settings

I like these options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Supposedly coming with the patch according to dataminers:

-ability to name teams
-3 more teams
-set your defense team
-"Accept All" button for quest rewards
-ability to turn off double tapping to wait in settings

Ah. Just when I feel like it's starting to feel cramped, they extended the amount of team variations I can make along with a sprinkle of personality by names.

The ability to set a defense team also removes the restriction of the star member having to join the defense team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

You just didn't seem keen on playing them is all.

Also, those icons have always refereed to enemies on the field when you start (i.e. not counting reinforcements). The team number I'm pretty sure is the number of teams not how many per team.

The former I know. The latter I don't agree with. It would make sense if it didn't also say Battles. Battles I read as the number of armies you are going to face in succession. Which is why I think teams could only mean the number of enemies you fight or the allies you can bring.

If that wasn't the case, you'd be fighting 3 teams for five battles, which would amount to 54 units you would need to beat with your 4... with permadeath... yeah... no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ver. 1.4 update is out, putting the currently closed Tempest Trials into the game, the ability to have 8 team presets up along with custom team names, among other things.

Datamine Album (HAPPYSADPERSON of Reddit)

Tempest Trials is closed but you can see the help/about screens to learn about the mode.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zeo said:

The former I know. The latter I don't agree with. It would make sense if it didn't also say Battles. Battles I read as the number of armies you are going to face in succession. Which is why I think teams could only mean the number of enemies you fight or the allies you can bring.

If that wasn't the case, you'd be fighting 3 teams for five battles, which would amount to 54 units you would need to beat with your 4... with permadeath... yeah... no.

Or it's 7 battles of 3-5 enemies (the icons on the bottom and the most one map can have is 5 I believe) each for an average of 28 and you get 4 teams (chances) to get through all seven. It is established that you can use different allies to make up the different teams should you lose so you essentially get 16 units. That is not too much to ask for. That seems like the most logical way to look at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Tempest Trials is closed but you can see the help/about screens to learn about the mode.

That music be poppin' though. So much hype!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Or it's 7 battles of 3-5 enemies (the icons on the bottom and the most one map can have is 5 I believe) each for an average of 28 and you get 4 teams (chances) to get through all seven. It is established that you can use different allies to make up the different teams should you lose so you essentially get 16 units. That is not too much to ask for. That seems like the most logical way to look at it.

Using the teams as "Retries". I do like the idea of that actually. That's probably it, kudos. Considering you probably only have that many usable units (at least capable of handling the lunatic units) it's a pretty appropriate limit.

Also just to get this out of the way from earlier... yeah I'm not really excited to use bonus units because my Robin and Tharja are -ATK (at least Tharja is +SPD and my only Lissa is 3 stars so... unless I bring B!Cordelia for Tharja, using any of these units is literally gimping my team.

Edited by Zeo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Ver. 1.4 update is out, putting the currently closed Tempest Trials into the game, the ability to have 8 team presets up along with custom team names, among other things.

Datamine Album (HAPPYSADPERSON of Reddit)

Tempest Trials is closed but you can see the help/about screens to learn about the mode.

Oh goodie. "Marth" is looking amazing here... hmm... It greatly hints that perhaps she's actually drawn by Kozaki Yusuke himself, no wonder it all looks so familiar! All the more reason to get her! :D

There's also the Dragon's Table seen here. Hmm. Plot spoilers.

Edited by Lyrai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Oh goodie. "Marth" is looking amazing here... hmm... It greatly hints that perhaps she's actually drawn by Kozaki Yusuke himself, no wonder it all looks so familiar! All the more reason to get her! :D

Again, I just wish her hair came down in the damaged one some ala her reveal scene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Where does it say you get less allies? The picture shows you get more teams in Lunatic, but not less units per team.

Ah I misread it. I am sorry guys! It affects the number of teams you can deploy. This makes my life a LOT easier.

CBTcpuC.png

 

5 hours ago, Bartozio said:

Three things:

1) Have you considered desperation as a b-skill? It would mean you don't have to worry to much when she's under a certain point of health, as she could just kill the opponent without receiving a counter attack. It might conflict a bit with falchion's healing ability though.

2) Why do you think lunatic would only give you 3 units? They could very easily make the battles more difficult in lunatic and give us more battles with possibly less teams. Forcing us to use smaller teams would very heavily impact gameplay, so I don't think they'll do this if they have so many other options.

3) Hector might not be the best unit for a good clear time, since it takes longer to get him to the front line (repostion on Reinhardt and pivot on Hector helps, but you'll still be slower then normal). Baiting and counter killing works fine in the arena where the turns to set it up don't matter, but it might hurt you a bit here. You may want to consider another heavy hitting green unit. Of course, actually clearing it with a lesser time is better then not clearing it at all, so if you don't have a good replacement you should still use him.

1) Desperation is bad on a unit that heals itself.

2) I misread the notification.

3) As an enemy phase unit, he can kill multiple people in one turn. Repositon and Pivot is more than enough to get him 1/2 way across the map. Now that I don't need to worry about only using 3 man teams, I can add in a Dancer to help even further.

Edited by Clogon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Arthur97 said:

Again, I just wish her hair came down in the damaged one some ala her reveal scene.

I feel the same. It would actually look cool if she actually loses her disguise when her health is low, but perhaps maybe Kozaki decided to portray this as if her hair was cut.

Either way, she's still looking really good here. ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

Oh goodie. "Marth" is looking amazing here... hmm... It greatly hints that perhaps she's actually drawn by Kozaki Yusuke himself, no wonder it all looks so familiar! All the more reason to get her! :D

Looks like her normal version’s artist, Maiponpon, to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come to think of it, where is/was her hair while in that disguise? It was clearly still there as it came loose when the mask was cut, but...where is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Come to think of it, where is/was her hair while in that disguise? It was clearly still there as it came loose when the mask was cut, but...where is it?

This sketch by Kozaki might explain:

3dbCgK2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Clogon said:

1) Desperation is bad on a unit that heals itself.

I addressed this earlier:

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Desperation on Lucina means that Falchion's healing just makes you go back and forth between having enough HP to survive a counterattack and having Desperation active. You just have to make sure you're never being attacked on enemy phase.

Lucina is bulky enough to take a counterattack when near full health, and Desperation keeps her from taking damage until Falchion heals her back up.

 

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

This sketch by Kozaki might explain:

3dbCgK2.png

F'kin' hammerspace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vaximillian said:

This sketch by Kozaki might explain:

3dbCgK2.png

Guess that explains the bulge in the back of her head, but that still doesn't answer how the mask was holding this together. Also, when did this picture come about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Guess that explains the bulge in the back of her head, but that still doesn't answer how the mask was holding this together. Also, when did this picture come about?

Long time ago, when Awakening was relevant, I dunno. I can’t really be bothered to comb Kozaki’s twitter for it.
(that twitter’s UI is shit doesn’t help)

Edited by Vaximillian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, it looks like a new difficulty setting might be coming too.

An "Infernal" difficulty seems to have been spotted alongside the usual Norma, Hard, and Lunatic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...