Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection (Zwei II) - Summer 2017 [PC]

TheEnd

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/zwei-ii-plus-pc-coming-west-zwei-ilvard-insurrection-summer

At long last.

So, apparently XSEED decided to skip Zwei 1 and release the much better sequel already, using a fan translation that has been dead in its tracks for a couple years.

I figured I'd do my duty and shill it a little. I found it a pretty nice game, which likeable characters and an all-around solid soundtrack. Thanks for telling me about it, Vincent

Story
Ragna, an adventurer, crashes his plane in a floating island and is saved from death by the vampiress Alwen, through a blood pact. From that point on, he would be her servant, and would help her reclaim her castle; however, while he agrees to repay her by helping with the castle, he rejects the servant part.

Alwen accepts his terms.

(While some characters from the first Zwei!! make a return as npcs here, this can very much be played as a stand-alone game.)

Gameplay

The basic gameplay is reminiscent of Gurumin - you go through dungeons and get ranked based on your performance (though you don't need to go through reversed dungeons this time, and the ranking requeriments are a little different). However, this time you control a two-man team, which actually works like a single character - Ragna attacks with the attack button, while Alwen casts stuff with the magic button.

One unusual aspect of this game is the fact that healing items (food) are your only source of experience, and you can combine some of the same item to make more efficient, higher-grade food - like combining 10 beefs that give 10 exp each into 1 steak that gives 120 exp. Choosing between early smaller increments or bigger late boosts will depend on your playstyle.

Another thing, you can pollute your screen with gadgets you buy, showing all sorts of silly info. One of them displays ranking objectives, though, so they aren't all useless.

Music

Come on, it's Falcom we're talking about

Edited by TheEnd

Aw, darn it, it's just another anime-action-RPG. The title had me thinking it was somehow related to Panzer Dragoon II Zwei.

6 minutes ago, Zera said:

Aw, darn it, it's just another anime-action-RPG. The title had me thinking it was somehow related to Panzer Dragoon II Zwei.

"Just another" and "Falcom" cannot exist in the same topic. Just lettin' ya know.

Anyway, I heard some really vague whispers a while back, but I still can't believe this is happening. I really hope people notice it since it's a great game and Falcom's last hurrah for the PC, before they jumped ship to the PSP etc.

Zwei II, huh. The name's vaguely familiar. I think years ago I saw that game and was like, "Wish I could play that".

MIght now be the chance. Who knows...

1 hour ago, Zera said:

Anything Falcom makes is miles above most other companies however, so yeah "just another" doesn't work with Falcom.

On sexta-feira, 2 de junho de 2017 at 9:44 PM, Jedi said:

Sounds like I'll be playing yet another Falcom game.

Of course

I almost skipped this game because I didn't like Zwei 1... I'm glad I didn't.

On sábado, 3 de junho de 2017 at 3:34 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

Zwei II, huh. The name's vaguely familiar. I think years ago I saw that game and was like, "Wish I could play that".

MIght now be the chance. Who knows...

Join the cult

Edited by TheEnd

7 hours ago, TheEnd said:

Of course

I almost skipped this game because I didn't like Zwei 1... I'm glad I didn't.

I'll just have to add this to my list of Falcom stuff to play such as Popful Mail, Brandish, Xanadu, Gurumin