Olwen as Reinhardt?

SSJDennis

I wanted to add Reinhardt to my team for some time, but I never got lucky...

Now I got Olwen, with the same spell as Reinhardt. So, how effective will Olwen be as a Reinhardt clone? OR will I be better off to sacrifice my Olwen and give the spell to Ursula?

No clue what skills to get either... Thanks!

Dire Thunder is a Prf Tome. You can't transfer it to others.

Common wisdom says Olwen is better than Reinhardt in Cavalry teams, but less good otherwise. She has a fairly low might but enough Speed to quadhit. Adjust build accordingly.

11 minutes ago, SSJDennis said:

Now I got Olwen, with the same spell as Reinhardt. So, how effective will Olwen be as a Reinhardt clone? OR will I be better off to sacrifice my Olwen and give the spell to Ursula?

Olwen has a lot less attack power and a lot more speed then Reinhard, so she won't be as great as him using the same set. If you can get her cavelry buffs though, she can be even better.

Reinhard would never outspeed opponents, so you normally give him death blow and lance breaker. In Olwen's case though, she can make a set with Life and Death and either a breaker skill or desperation work. LaD compensates for the speed drop from Dire Thunder and also helps boost her attack. Add a hone cavalry boost to the mix, and she could reach 43 speed with a brave weapon, which will let her quadruple a lot of units (this assumes +spd, but with neutral speed she would still hit 40). Since she's mostly hitting 4 times, she can also easily activate a special almost every round of combat, further boosting her damage output.

And yeah, as Salinea said, you can't give Dire Thunder to Ursula since it's a personal tome.

Hope this helped you a bit.

Olwen can be better than Reinhardt but requires significant investment (such as getting a Blarblade+ tome, Desperation, LnD, etc. ...).

The major parts of Reinhardt being notorious in Arena is that he's very splashable among many teams (he doesn't necessarily require to be in Horse Emblem teams to be good at what he does) and doesn't require a lot of investment to become insanely good. The only skill he really wants is DB3 and Luna. Lancebreaker is more of a luxury skill than anything as he can get away with keeping Vantage or running something else.

11 hours ago, SSJDennis said:

Olwen is better than Reinhardt on cavalry teams. 

Reinhardt is better than Olwen on non-cavalry teams.

12 hours ago, SSJDennis said:

You can use Ursula or Olwen very effectively.  I have all three (Neutral Reinhart, Olwen and Ursula).  Without +Atk or +Speed Olwen they are very close.  If your Olwen has +atk or +spd I would use her.  If you have Blarblade+ Ursula is fantastic with Calvary buffs and I would consider using her.

Personally I use Ursula because I like her art and voice the best.  I have her with the following:
  Blarblade+
  Ardent Sacrifice
  Moonblow
  Deathblow 3 (replacing with Life or Death 3 later)
  Desperation 3 (may replace with Vantage 3 later)
  Hone Cavalary

With that build Ursula easily replaces Reinhardt and outpaces him in some situations when she has both sets of Calvary buffs.

Olwen fast? I guess I have a -spd one then... She could reach 31 speed, if she does gain it, the last five levels. If not, she has as many, or fewer then Ursula.

Reroll for another one? Or hope for a Reinhardt focus in the future?

43 minutes ago, SSJDennis said:

Olwen fast? I guess I have a -spd one then... She could reach 31 speed, if she does gain it, the last five levels. If not, she has as many, or fewer then Ursula.

Reroll for another one? Or hope for a Reinhardt focus in the future?

Is that with Dire Thunder equiped? Reaching close to 30 speed with a brave weapon is considered pretty impressive.

Without SI Olwen isn't that fast (since Dire Thunder is slowing her down), but if you give her Life and Death and she gets buffed by a hone cavalry, it becomes a different story. The difference between the two is that Reinhardt is good on any team, but Olwen surpasses him if you're willing to build a team around her.

I don't recommend a blade skill on Olwen.  You can just as easily put it on Ursla.  Urslas stats are almost identical to Olwen and she's free so use her for your blade user...

Olwen has Dire Thunder but is a completely different unit than Reinhardt.  With a cavalry team, it's not hard to push her speed up to the point where she's x4ing everyone.  And on units that have a lot of speed, she will be able to kill them with a few attack buffs because speedy units aren't usually the tankiest units.

I used to use both of them on my cavalry team and I would say one is not better than the other.  Reinhardt requires no build-up so you can just swoop in and kill units if you messed up your last turn, get moved by an enemy unit, or have a buffer or two die. 

Olwen is not nearly as good without buffs but the more buffs she has the more she holds her own.

But again, I wouldn't give Olwen a blade tome.  Not because she is bad with it, but because there's another unit you should have that has almost identical stats.

Olwen is one of the uncommon type of cavalry heroes, she is inferior to Reindhart's in terms of raw damage, but she always hits hard on anyone with low RES anyway.

She's much better when she is with anyone with Hone Cavalry, as she can make use of her already high speed for quad hits. This, along with her Reposition, allows her to be played with a more supportive role, and can tank a hit unlike Reindhart. (Reindhart dies quite easily despite the bulk due to abysmal speed).

Olwen can use L&D and Desperation effectively while Reindhart cannot. Build that and give her a Hone Cavalry. She'll be the the fastest brave user in the world and surpasses Reindhart, in a speed much like the once-infamous "Quadsuna" build.

Long story short, make use of her potential for high speed brave and capitalize on it!

Edited by Lyrai