Any heavy metal listeners on this site

Elincia

I find myself falling in love with more post-metal and blackgaze acts like Cult of Luna, Boris, Jesu, and Deafheaven usually, but Between the Buried & Me, Opeth, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Converge, and the new Chelsea Wofle albums (lol) are all essential too.

I dig a lot of other bands involved with prog metal, death metal, black metal but more in the vein of Leviathan, Blut Aus Nord, or Negura Bunget, drone/doom metal, and probably some djent and metalcore, but all the metal sub-genres all something interesting to offer, even though I've kind of dissociated with trash for the most part since the only two good Metallica albums are Ride the Lightning & Ride the Lightning (Remastered) and I only really like a few albums by Slayer/Megadeth.  And even though Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, and whatnot are always legendary, the born in the wrong generation culture that surrounds them anymore prevents me from liking them in a way.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like a lot of music genres (except rap and hip hop), but metal is definitely my favourite.
It's my dad's fault, really. He has a huge collection of the classic metal bands I listened to as a kid so the music kind of stuck with me, especially the classics. I like some newer stuff, too, though.
Bands I like off the top of my head:
Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Beyond the Black, Fozzy, Sodom, WASP, ACDC (the old stuff), T.N.T., Dragonforce, Scorpions, Michael Schenker Group, Testament and probably some others I can't think of right now...
Of these, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest are probably my favourites.

• 3 weeks later...

Favourite bands- Amon Amarth, Manegarm, Eluveitie, Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Falkenbach, Thrudvangar, Tyr, Thyrfing, Arkona, Heidevolk, Svartsot, Nile.

I've recently got into Melechesh and Moonsorrow.

• 1 month later...

I mostly listen to punk and pop punk.

In regards to metal, I listen to old Metallica, old Megadeth, Black Sabbath, and Rob Zombie.

I also enjoy crossover thrash, such as: Suicidal Tendencies and DRI.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

With metal, as with music, I listen to whatever I'm in the mood for. Lately that has mostly been black metal, death metal, depressive black metal, and sometimes doom metal or grindcore. I'm thinking about attempting to listen to happy music tonight to see if it works on me.

Here is some fairly straightforward Dsbm music.

Edited by expshare

The style of the first Horna songs I heard reminded me of Darkthrone. I haven't given them many listens since, but their discography looks huge. They did a split with Pure just recently, and I have listened to Pure. I'll probably check them out.

Apparently there is an official stream of the split:

I'm going to let this one sit for now. (listening to relaxing video game music)

@expshare: I myself started out with the Sanojesi äärelle release--a track from that album was included in a promo disc I got from Moribund Records in 2008. The Darkthrone worship is strong in that one, for sure.

I'm psyched for Helrunar's release later this year. Teaser track from the LP:

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...