Pokémon UltraSun and UltraMoon General News/Information/Speculation thread - IT'S HERE!!

Michelaar

UltraSun and UltraMoon polls.  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What Legendary is better?

• Dusk Mane Necrozma
    • Dawn wings Necrozma.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am definitely hyped for this game. It certainly looks cool.

Being able to see more of the Ultra dimension is certainly cool. But, one thing that I got hyped for while playing Sun and Moon was the Ultra Beasts invading our world:

One of the very few things we learn about the history of the region is that, in the past, Solgaleo and Lunala came from the other dimension, and, after fighting the island guardians (and winning), ended up protecting Alola the first time the Ultra Beasts came through. From that point on, the two became the benevolent guardians of the region. 

Then, when Lusamine unleashed the Ultra Beasts upon the Alola region, we saw that cinematic of that island guardian fighting Buzzwole/Pheremosa, while the other island guardians in the distance scramble to protect their islands. Then... Nothing. Sure; turning Cosmog into Solgaleo/Lunala was awesome. But then... we catch the Ultra Beasts, in the post-game, with no one in the plot even so much as commenting on the threat of the Ultra Beasts and the fact that the island guardians are supposedly trying to do something about it. 

So, for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, I'm particularly hoping for an expansion of that history, and that, if there's another, "The Ultra Beasts are threatening the Alola Region" event again, it actually lives up to the build-up present in the story.

Serebii has revealed new info. First of all, both forms of Necrozma will keep Prism Armor for the ability. Second, there are new z-moves for Solgaleo, Lunala, and both forms of Necrozma: Sunshine Smsher and Moonlight Blaster, which are upgraded forms of Sunsteel Strike and Moongeist Beam. 

As for the Rotom-Dex, there's a new mechanic called Rotom-Z power, by having a 'good' relationship with Rotom, you can use multiple z-moves per battle. ( It's probably a single player thing, as something like that too OP in multiplayer. ) In addition, the dex has expanded and you can ask questions and it can even give it items should it like you more.

But... I don't like the Rottom-Dex ! :/

Well, I suppose that they will expand it's characterto make it more likeable... I suppose.

Edited by B.Leu

But... I don't like the Rottow-Dex ! :/

Well, I suppose that they will expand it's characterto make it more likeable... I suppose.

EDIT: Ah... this is eally embarassing. It appears that I have double posted by mistake. I must have clicked two times without meaning to.
I really apologize for the inconvenience (and my mistake), could a moderator or an admin delete this post please ? Again. I'm sorry.

Edited by B.Leu

^No worries, this happens to people on the site a lot, actually. Don't know why the bug hasn't been fixed yet.

Anyway, interesting! I like the Rotom Dex, so this just makes it even better!

The Rotom-Dex was pretty boring in my opinion, beyond a few quotes that... stuck out, to say the least.

big boy intensifies

At any rate, I certainly can't dismiss getting some random items from it, and so long as they scale up the difficulty of trainers to match it, I don't really mind 2 Z-Moves per battle either.

challenge mode come home a better person pls i miss you

3 hours ago, Emerson said:

The Rotom-Dex was pretty boring in my opinion, beyond a few quotes that... stuck out, to say the least.

big boy intensifies

At any rate, I certainly can't dismiss getting some random items from it, and so long as they scale up the difficulty of trainers to match it, I don't really mind 2 Z-Moves per battle either.

challenge mode come home a better person pls i miss you

If challenge mode does return, make it choosable at the beginning. It was so sad in White 2 where I could never get it....

3 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

If challenge mode does return, make it choosable at the beginning. It was so sad in White 2 where I could never get it....

You could unlock it by getting the key from someone who unlocked it for Black 2.

Course, you'd still have to restart, hence why I hadn't at present started challenge mode.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

You could unlock it by getting the key from someone who unlocked it for Black 2.

Course, you'd still have to restart, hence why I hadn't at present started challenge mode.

I didn't have anyone else playing Black 2. I couldn't even encounter Registeel.

39 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

"On top of a different main story from Sun & Moon, there’s an additional new episode after entering the Hall of Fame. Game Freak teases that those who are looking at it as what Platinum was to Diamond and Pearl, can expect an even more ultra huge change coming.

Huh, I wonder what that means.

6 minutes ago, Thane said:

Huh, I wonder what that means.

The first thing that came to mind was the Battle Frontier, but I don’t think they will ever do another again. Maybe something similar to Charon, but larger this time? Or maybe somethig like the Looker and Emma episode in XY.

I'm kind of conflicted as to whether I should get UltraSun or UltraMoon. Traditionally I have gotten the second game in the pair while my brother got the first. In the case of Sun and Moon I got Moon. Right now I'm leaning towards getting UltraMoon because I want to continue the tradition(even though my brother sadly does not play Pokemon anymore).  On the other hand getting the "Moon" game twice in a row would be kind of boring. 

I'm not too concerned with not getting Solgaleo as thankfully the game gives you multiple Lunalas so you can trade off one for a Solgaleo.

To be honest, the only reason I have for getting  UltraSun is trivial so I'm most likely going to just continue my tradition and get Pokemon UltraMoon.

Edited by Lord Chrom of Ylisse

2 hours ago, Lord Chrom of Ylisse said:

I'm kind of conflicted as to whether I should get UltraSun or UltraMoon. Traditionally I have gotten the second game in the pair while my brother got the first. In the case of Sun and Moon I got Moon. Right now I'm leaning towards getting UltraMoon because I want to continue the tradition(even though my brother sadly does not play Pokemon anymore).  On the other hand getting the "Moon" game twice in a row would be kind of boring. 

I'm not too concerned with not getting Solgaleo as thankfully the game gives you multiple Lunalas so you can trade off one for a Solgaleo.

To be honest, the only reason I have for getting  UltraSun is trivial so I'm most likely going to just my tradition and get Pokemon UltraMoon.

HaHa! Me too when I started playing Pokémon, my brother chose Diamond and I chose Pearl. Even though he doesn’t play Pokémon anymore, I choose the 2 nd version out of habit.

2 hours ago, Lord Chrom of Ylisse said:

To be honest, the only reason I have for getting  UltraSun is trivial so I'm most likely going to just my tradition and get Pokemon UltraMoon.

HaHa! Me too when I started playing Pokémon, my brother chose Diamond and I chose Pearl. Even though he doesn’t play Pokémon anymore, I choose the 2 nd version out of habit.

Even more story changes than what Platinum had compared to Diamond and Pearl?! WOW! Now I'm even more excited! I thought Platinum changed quite a bit!

*goes to preorder Ultra Sun right away*

I kinda have mixed feelings on multiple Z-Moves, since the offensive ones already hit like nukes. Regardless, I'm still excited for these, especially with these new developments.

33 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

That's crazy! Diamond and Pearl were also our first Pokemon games and the point where the tradition began. It's like we're the same person divided into different bodies.

Edited by Lord Chrom of Ylisse

34 minutes ago, Lord Chrom of Ylisse said:

That's crazy! Diamond and Pearl were also our first Pokemon games and the point where the tradition began. It's like we're the same person divided into different bodies.

Really?! What a coincidence! Anyway Serebii confirmed that through the ultra worm holes, you can encounter various Legendary Pokémon, namely Mewtwo currently. They probably did this because the VGC 18 rules allows the national dex, but the Pokémon must have the clover.

Well; I was concerned that the conflict in the story (with the Ultra Beasts and Necrozma) wouldn't live up to the buildup with the Ultra Beasts and what little we know of the Alola Region's history. I said before that I felt that in Sun and Moon, the Ultra Beast invasion and Solgaleo/Lunaala & the Island Guardians' role in the plot didn't live up to what was built up in the game's story. This trailer has me thinking that that conflict in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will very much live up to the backstory and buildup, much like how Platinum really expanded on the Dialga and Palkia storyline, while also bringing in Giratina. 

I really hate the fact that i made the mistake of buying the first gen 7 game. It was the first and last time that i buy the first pokemon game in a gen. Honestly, I feel like so much is added in the second version that the first version isn't even worth the price.

I want to surf on a mantine and ride wormholes on solgaleo :V

1 minute ago, SlayerX said:

I really hate the fact that i made the mistake of buying the first gen 7 game. It was the first and last time that i buy the first pokemon game in a gen. Honestly, I feel like so much is added in the second version that the first version isn't even worth the price.

I want to surf on a mantine and ride wormholes on solgaleo :V

What if they do something like Black 2 and White 2 again?