Pokémon UltraSun and UltraMoon General News/Information/Speculation thread - IT'S HERE!!

Michelaar

UltraSun and UltraMoon polls.  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What Legendary is better?

• Dusk Mane Necrozma
    • Dawn wings Necrozma.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

...Oh. Here comes the datamining then... xP

Not from the eShop stuff. IIRC, there's a specific key used to "unlock" the pre-loaded copies for play, and it is way too inefficient to attempt to crack it. Any leaks/datamining will come from physical copies that break the street date.

1 minute ago, Konnor97 said:

Not from the eShop stuff. IIRC, there's a specific key used to "unlock" the pre-loaded copies for play, and it is way too inefficient to attempt to crack it. Any leaks/datamining will come from physical copies that break the street date.

But they datamined demos before. What's different?

Just now, Anacybele said:

But they datamined demos before. What's different?

Like the ORAS demo? That was mainly just Gamefreak not being thorough when scrubbing stuff for the demo. Dataminers could go through the demo because it was available to access. The pre-load of USUM may have the data there, but it isn't accessible because they don't have the "key" to get into it.

Here's a little FAQ by SciresM that should explain things a little better. It's for Sun and Moon, but it will still be relevant. https://pastebin.com/28CW3zxq

11 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

Like the ORAS demo? That was mainly just Gamefreak not being thorough when scrubbing stuff for the demo. Dataminers could go through the demo because it was available to access. The pre-load of USUM may have the data there, but it isn't accessible because they don't have the "key" to get into it.

Here's a little FAQ by SciresM that should explain things a little better. It's for Sun and Moon, but it will still be relevant. https://pastebin.com/28CW3zxq

Oh, so it's the key thing. Okay then, now I see.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

To be fair, Lusamine wasn’t really evil, and most of her insanity was because of Nihilego’s toxins. 

Eh I disagree. She was still capable of her free will and she wasn't trying to reach her goal blindly. I think her change started even before Nihilego entered the picture, its just the toxins made things even worse. Plus if we were look at the leaders in terms of malice only Ghetsis and Giovanni fit the bill. Archie and Maxie had noble ambitions but went through wrongful and misguided ways to achieve them. Lysandre was delusional. I guess Cyrus is debatable. So should that mean RR should only make Giovanni and Ghetsis? Nah. 

Imo its just a missed opportunity, especially considering that Lusamine set a milestone as the first female villain. 

2 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Hey nice! I’m happy to see Team Rocket again! They’re my second favorite team. Same goes for the villains of the past, though I’m disappointed they reverted Archie and Maxie back to their old designs. I can tolerate Archie, but Maxie looks especially dated. I also would’ve preferred Lusamine instead of Faba to be involved but eh.

Also shoutouts for putting nearly all my preferred legendaries in SUN, when I want to buy MOON. XP

At least you get Heatran. Moon Players get Regigigas... I’m really surprised Cresselia wasn’t made exclusive. It’s called the Lunar Pokémon. SERIOUSLY! But either way, I’m happy. All my preferred cover legends are in Moon.:lol:

I wonder how this villain teamup is going to work. I have a feeling someone like Ghetsis isn't a fan of working under someone even if Giovani is the boss of team rocket. Eco terrorists and normal criminals seem like an odd mix as well. 

Its certainly going to be interesting which is a good thing. Before this Ultra Sun/Moon did't do much to exite me.

Edited by Sasori

Looks like we did get Pokemon Stars after all. Pokemon Sticker Stars. I'm going, now.

Hopefully those totem Pokemon aren't limited solely to the Pokemon that already appear as totems.

5 hours ago, Dai said:

Looks like we did get Pokemon Stars after all. Pokemon Sticker Stars. I'm going, now.

Hopefully those totem Pokemon aren't limited solely to the Pokemon that already appear as totems.

It seems like only a few pokemon can be totem pokemon, because salazzle totem is Moon only according to serebii. suggesting, there might be a limit to how many pokemon grow bigger. Maybe i;'m reading too much into it.

Does anyone think that there will be new Mega Evolutions in this game? Given that all the evil team leaders have Mega Evolution-ready Pokemon barring Ghetsis, which would be weird if they all used it and he didn't, and I could swear there was a screenshot with Ghetsis having Mega Energy...and I could swear I saw someone translating something that mentioned Ghetsis' staff reacting to a mega stone...it may be unlikely, but what if?

3 hours ago, Dai said:

Does anyone think that there will be new Mega Evolutions in this game? Given that all the evil team leaders have Mega Evolution-ready Pokemon barring Ghetsis, which would be weird if they all used it and he didn't, and I could swear there was a screenshot with Ghetsis having Mega Energy...and I could swear I saw someone translating something that mentioned Ghetsis' staff reacting to a mega stone...it may be unlikely, but what if?

Unlikely. If there were, they would have been shown earlier, since Megas are huge for advertising.

We have a new batch of information the 10th  at 5:00 UTC (1:00 EDT, the 9th at 22:00 PDT), so there's still some surprise to come.

The main thing left to be revealed should be Alolan Oddish, if the leaks are to be believed (and they're pretty spot on, so far.). Alolan Forms in general were one of the most anticipated news, but nothing was announced so far.

44 minutes ago, Tamanoir said:

The main thing left to be revealed should be Alolan Oddish, if the leaks are to be believed (and they're pretty spot on, so far.). Alolan Forms in general were one of the most anticipated news, but nothing was announced so far.

But they can't reveal Alolan Oddish because it already exists

Spoiler

182Bellossom.png

Sorry for the double post, but a recently revealed image leaked a part of the new Alola Dex:

https://serebii.net/ultrasunultramoon/alolapokedex.shtml

Some interesting things of note:

-Murkrow seems to be available much earlier.

-Misdreavus was either cut or is only available later.

-Smoochum seems to be also an early game Pokemon, which means we will finally have a strong Ice-type available in early game

-From the looks of it, Flabebe will appear in the Meadow. Freaking called it!

3 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Sorry for the double post, but a recently revealed image leaked a part of the new Alola Dex:

https://serebii.net/ultrasunultramoon/alolapokedex.shtml

Some interesting things of note:

-Murkrow seems to be available much earlier.

-Misdreavus was either cut or is only available later.

-Smoochum seems to be also an early game Pokemon, which means we will finally have a strong Ice-type available in early game

-From the looks of it, Flabebe will appear in the Meadow. Freaking called it!

That’s unfortunate. I’ll guess have to bank a Misdrevus for my let’s play. There was always Delibird as an early game Ice Type.

Edited by ZeManaphy

5 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

That’s unfortunate. I’ll guess have to bank a Misdrevus for my let’s play. There was always Delibird as an early game Ice Type.

I knew that Delibird was available early game, but I meant a good Ice type.  I did say a “strong” Ice type.

2 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

bth_sarcasticgoon_zps1bbaffc8.gif

I legit didnt realize Delibird didnt learn anything as of Gen 7

Delibird is super OP early game because it have Hustle which makes it hit rather hard for early game standard. 

2 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

bth_sarcasticgoon_zps1bbaffc8.gif

I legit didnt realize Delibird didnt learn anything as of Gen 7

Delibird is super OP early game because it have Hustle which makes it hit rather hard for early game standard(122 base attack is pretty much unreachable besides Scyther)