Pokémon UltraSun and UltraMoon General News/Information/Speculation thread - IT'S HERE!!

Michelaar

UltraSun and UltraMoon polls.  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What Legendary is better?

• Dusk Mane Necrozma
    • Dawn wings Necrozma.

3 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

What if they do something like Black 2 and White 2 again?

I guess they could, but it seems unlikely that they would release 3 versions of the same region in one single generation given the history of pokemon releases. If they do release another main game I'd expect them to have a diamond and pearl remake (which i am really hoping they do). 

Note: 3 versions is counting the pairs as opposed to the individual games. (i.e. S/M count as 1 instead of 2).

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Serebii has published an article saying that these are the last main series game for Nintendo 3DS. So much for Diamond and Pearl remake on 3DS. ( Sighs and looks for ways to get a Switch. )

:O

Well that's not good news. I was hoping otherwise, but I guess not. While inevitable, it's still sad to see that the 3DS's future is a bit more short term than I expected personally.

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

:O

Well that's not good news. I was hoping otherwise, but I guess not. While inevitable, it's still sad to see that the 3DS's future is a bit more short term than I expected personally.

Specially considering they said the new 3ds would have exclusives of some sort and all we got was an snes emulator... >_> No actual new games.

Also that is pretty sad we won't get Diamond and pearl remakes on the 3ds :<... 

Serebii has confirmed that the original Sun and Moon exclusives will be remain the same for Ultra Sun and Moon. They also posted that if you bring a Cap Pikachu to the new pikachu valley, a special event will occur.

Look who’s coming back:

This will be interesting, and when I think about it, Team Rocket is the only genuine criminal team in Pokemon. I mean, Aqua, Magma, Galactic, Plasma and Flare were more like cults really, Team Skull is more like a group of troublemaking punks, and Aether is not really evil.

EDIT: That being said, Team Rocket does seem to have an insane loyalty to Giovanni, which may sound like a cult to some.

Edited by Water Mage

Yet more gen 1 pandering. This is seriously really annoying. So bleh.

Also, them moving away from the 3DS is a good thing. The Switch can likely hold much more content and allow for more possibilities with DP remakes.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yet more gen 1 pandering. This is seriously really annoying. So bleh.

Also, them moving away from the 3DS is a good thing. The Switch can likely hold much more content and allow for more possibilities with DP remakes.

I wouldn’t call it Gen 1 pandering. Team Rocket also appeared in Jotho, and if I’m not mistaken, Giovanni did say in HG/SS that he was going to rebuild Team Rocket. 

3 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I wouldn’t call it Gen 1 pandering. Team Rocket also appeared in Jotho, and if I’m not mistaken, Giovanni did say in HG/SS that he was going to rebuild Team Rocket. 

Except it is gen 1 pandering. There's really zero reason for Team Rocket to be here otherwise.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Except it is gen 1 pandering. There's really zero reason for Team Rocket to be here otherwise.

Especially considering that they appeared in the original Sun and Moon as well.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

You never know. There might be some story reason that turns out to be pretty interesting. Maybe they're after Red? haha who knows?

Anyways I'll stay open minded. I like surprises.

12 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

They did. At least one former member appeared on Malie Park, due to a reference to Kanto’s Nugget Bridge.

That doesn't really count. It's just one member, not the team itself. And a former member means he's not a member anymore either.

Team rocket being in the game is less upsetting than having so many dex pokemon be from gen 1 or only gen 1 pokes getting different forms... That was annoying. The team itself however can have reasons to be there though. It is just a matter of good writing and stuff.

2 hours ago, SlayerX said:

Team rocket being in the game is less upsetting than having so many dex pokemon be from gen 1 or only gen 1 pokes getting different forms... That was annoying. The team itself however can have reasons to be there though. It is just a matter of good writing and stuff.

If Team Rocket is there, I hope Team Flare is as well, considering that they are the least developed of all the evil teams.

On 26/10/2017 at 1:11 PM, ZeManaphy said:

If Team Rocket is there, I hope Team Flare is as well, considering that they are the least developed of all the evil teams.

Who is team flare? Oh lol, its XY. Thats why i don't know them

Also, going to post this here because i have nowhere better to do so and it would be a waste to make an extra topic...

- I have 2 extra marshadow codes (NA) if anyone wants them. I don't ask for anything in return. PM me if you are interested

They are gone

Edited by SlayerX

There is going to be a news reveal on Ultra Sun and Moon on November 2nd. New info has leaked confirming Furfrou, Buneary, Mime jr., Inkay, and Bhawlucha are in the dex. New features show that a Bewear show in the Hau'oli mall and Team Skull ambushing an Alolan Vulpix. It also confirms the return of the Pokemon Global Link with the same features from Sun and Moon, as well as Poke Pelago and Festival Plaza. An interview has confirmed with the developers that the Ultra Recon's Squad goal is different depending on the game you play. One pair will focus on controlling Necrozma, while other wants to defeat it. Also an interview with the developers have confirmed there they are going to be more ultra beasts  than UB Burst, Assembly and Adhesive.  

15 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

Also an interview with the developers have confirmed there they are going to be more ultra beasts  than UB Burst, Assembly and Adhesive.  

Oh god yes. This pleases me. 

Just don't show off their typings, for goodness' sake. Also, make them freaky and not like Burst or Adhesive!

30 minutes ago, Thane said:

Oh god yes. This pleases me. 

Just don't show off their typings, for goodness' sake. Also, make them freaky and not like Burst or Adhesive!

Burst attacks by making its head explode. If that's not freaky, then what is ?

Just now, Tamanoir said:

Burst attacks by making its head explode. If that's not freaky, then what is ?

Oh I like that, I just don't particularly care for the general design. Same with Adhesive, which looks far too normal to be considered an Ultra Beast. I would've loved Assembly had it been a better typing. 

So, I want freaky designs, weird typings and for them to not reveal everything before launch.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Oh I like that, I just don't particularly care for the general design. Same with Adhesive, which looks far too normal to be considered an Ultra Beast. I would've loved Assembly had it been a better typing. 

So, I want freaky designs, weird typings and for them to not reveal everything before launch.

Well, unless they unleash a massive info dump on us, it would probably be the case.