Pokémon UltraSun and UltraMoon General News/Information/Speculation thread - IT'S HERE!!

Michelaar

UltraSun and UltraMoon polls.  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What Legendary is better?

• Dusk Mane Necrozma
    • Dawn wings Necrozma.

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I legit didnt realize Delibird didnt learn anything as of Gen 7

Delibird is super OP early game because it have Hustle which makes it hit rather hard for early game standard. 

Well yeah, maybe for early game, but I thought you were referring to from beginning to end.

Delibird not good. Do not use Delibird.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, SilvertheShadow said:

Well yeah, maybe for early game, but I thought you were referring to from beginning to end.

Delibird not good. Do not use Delibird.

I mean i considered Delibird toolkit weirdly good but i wont call it an OP mon

Its not Chatot who is legitimately broken

The game's leaking. Check SciresM and Kaphotics on twitter, or visit 4chan.

Actually, I'm gonna go ahead and make a dedicated spoiler/leak thread.

Edited by Konnor97

1 hour ago, Konnor97 said:

The game's leaking. Check SciresM and Kaphotics on twitter, or visit 4chan.

Actually, I'm gonna go ahead and make a dedicated spoiler/leak thread.

I thank you. Must. Resist. The urge.

On 6/11/2017 at 4:43 AM, Skynstein said:

Yeah but that's their point. To be hard. :D

I think Ice should've resisted Water, actually, because Ice and Water cancel each other out.

I think Garchomp is the only overpowered one, but Garchomp is broken anyway, he's too fast, bulky and powerful, so he's difficult to take down even with Ice-type Pokémon or moves.

Garchomp was the only OP dragon because its a Ground and amongst Dragons its the only one allowed to have full kit and competent stats. Ground is one of the typing where Gamefreak didn't care about its balance since they only need Earth power, Stealth Rock, Stone Edge and Earthquake to shine and they almost always had that which is funny because Ground is a ridiculously broken typing(as far as result goes Ground is unarguably the single most powerful type in pokemon). Meanwhile majority of Dragons are Flying and Flying is both pretty broken, but had higher care put on its balance

Case in point, how many "good" Flying type had Drill Peck, Acrobatic, and Brave Bird.

On 6/11/2017 at 4:24 AM, SlayerX said:

Well yes, but I mean, when it comes to Legendaries they sometimes seem to give no fucks. Mega Rayquaza is proof of this. Although they do tone shit down for things like VGC (the Darkrai nerf was probably due to that).

Yeah Darkrai Nerf isn't caused by Legendary. Its caused by Smeargle

Honestly its kinda questionable at times if they care about balance, didn't care about it, or just bad at it

This is the same company who completely misunderstood Aegislash(They think Swords Dance Aegislash would be meta, Swords Dance Aegislash is trash), and apparnetly thinks Mega Kanga is ok

And then theres Z Move where they both shows they think its broken(once per battle) but at the same time is kinda stupid mechanically(you can use random move to create nuke with Z Move while Gems forced you to use specific kind of move or main STAB)

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

11 hours ago, SlayerX said:

I see, but then if it is because of smeargle, why didn't they just stop at making the move darkrai-only... Gamefreak can be so weird sometimes.

Back then there was speculation that they could unmythical Darkrai so it kinda works as a sort of future proofing

But idk lol.

mind that had Darkrai is unmythed it would probably be on the same level* as Cresselia 

*level in a sense that 600 bst legendary have always been allowed

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I got a question for those who already saw the leaks.

Is there a lot of new things? Or barely anything new?

I haven't really gone deep, but there's quite a bit of new stuff.

23 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I haven't really gone deep, but there's quite a bit of new stuff.

That’s reassuring. I’ve been hearing some people complain that there wasn’t enough new stuff to justify buying it, but I’m glad that’s not the case.

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

That’s reassuring. I’ve been hearing some people complain that there wasn’t enough new stuff to justify buying it, but I’m glad that’s not the case.

A lot of the people who say that are either not interested in the game, or are salty that there weren't sinnoh remakes.

Oh, wow. The second trial's totem is legitimately even more terrifying, in spite of the additional weaknesses.

And the Pokemon you get in the trade to combat it just gets one-shot by one of its moves, anywa.

Edited by Dai