Waste of Feathers ---> Major Success

MidnightFE

Hey everyone! Recently I "wasted" 20000 feathers to make my 4* +ATK Donnel a 5* as a meme but with his +ATK and a little teambuilding he's actually an incredible lance unit! I was  wondering if any other people have weird stories where they make uncommon characters 5*s and they actually end up being good. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't call it a waste since is one of my favorite characters but I made my Oboro a 5*, she is -HP but since she is +ATK, I promoted her. Some people say that there are better characters since she have a Heavy Spear, is very slow and is not "top tier character".

But you know what? My Team has survived too much thanks to her: the Gauntlets fights were won thanks to her, the arena is better thanks to her rally defense and her actual good defense (even if she is not +DEF), lot of Hectors were defeated thanks to her (either at her hands or thanks to rally defense), story chapters and special maps (quest and GHB) were beated thanks to her...

Yeah, it was worth it!!!

Edited by SniperGYS

1 minute ago, JSND said:

Ursula is uncommon

I don't think she counts since she is the most common unit for ye olde Blarblade + set

I guess she's uncommon as a single unit though, but in the world of cavalry I'm not so sure about that

Now if you said this:

6 minutes ago, JSND said:

Stahl is uncommon

he broke the game

Then I'd be impressed LOL

2 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Well, I made my Oboro a 5*, she is -HP a stat important to her but since she is +ATK and since she is a character I like, I promoted her. Some people say that there are better characters since she have a Heavy Spear, is very slow and basycally she is not "top tier character".

But you know what? My Team has survived too much thanks to her: the Gauntlets fights were won thanks to her, the arena is better thanks to her rally defense and her actual good defense (even if she is not +DEF), lot of Hectors were defeated thanks to her (either at her hands or thanks to her rally defense), story chapters and special maps (quest and GHB) were beated thanks to her...

Yeah, it was worth it!!!

Soon enough I'll be saying these same exact words ;)

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I don't think she counts since she is the most common unit for ye olde Blarblade + set

I guess she's uncommon as a single unit though, but in the world of cavalry I'm not so sure about that

i do use her as a solo unit without cavs buff during like the season with Zephiel

I can't help but feel like Promoting Xander was a waste. I like him but miss components needed to make a full cavalry team. I have Hone and Fortify and Xander is actually one of my most outfitted units with Fury 3/Vantage 3 but... how should I put this... no team he's a part of does things any easier than my Lukas/Soren/Olivia/Wrys or Kagero team. Distant Counter is amazing, but it would probably better on a unit that wasn't red.

On the other hand... promoting Kagero probably wouldn't count as a waste. Promoting Matthew to *5 however, is something I wholeheartedly plan on doing. And I will run him in arena to. That's probably something people consider a waste. I'm pretty sure he's considered a waste of feathers and inferior to Kagero, Takumi, B!Cordelia (all units I have at *5) as well as... pretty much every other colorless unit in the game just about.

All that being said, if I see a *5 Odin player, he wins the topic.

Edited by Zeo

1 minute ago, JSND said:

i do use her as a solo unit without cavs buff during like the season with Zephiel

Dang

It seems she's more busted than I once thought XD

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Soon enough I'll be saying these same exact words ;)

You are going to be blessed really soon then!

Is like...

tumblr_inline_or08ruGhwx1r8vmru_400.png

Yeah, Success!!

Just now, JSND said:

Anything can works if you give them reposition

LOL YOU'RE TOTALLY RIGHT

#RepositionOdinMakeItHappen

7 minutes ago, Zeo said:

All that being said, if I see a *5 Odin player, he wins the topic.

What about 5 star Serra? :P

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

LOL YOU'RE TOTALLY RIGHT

#RepositionOdinMakeItHappen

What about 5 star Serra? :P

Wrys is actually a mainstay on my team and that's even worse. I like Serra but Wrys has served me much better and five starring him is very possible.

Just now, Zeo said:

Wrys is actually a mainstay on my team and that's even worse. I like Serra but Wrys has served me much better and five starring him is very possible.

So one can comparatively say, Serra is more of a "waste of feathers" right? Also, any healer can serve you well, it just depends on who you put what on

I took off rehabilitate from a Lissa, and Heavenly light + Live to serve from a Wrys and now I have the same thing except she's much better looking! :P

41 minutes ago, MidnightFE said:

Hey everyone! Recently I "wasted" 20000 feathers to make my 4* +ATK Donnel a 5* as a meme but with his +ATK and a little teambuilding he's actually an incredible lance unit! I was  wondering if any other people have weird stories where they make uncommon characters 5*s and they actually end up being good. 

Donnel has the highest BST of all infantry units. I know Donnel is actually great as a unit ever since then :D
As for uncommon choices, I promoted Eliwood to 5*, and even gave him Distant Counter. He's the best mage slayer on my team now. :)

6 minutes ago, I'm a Spheal said:

I 5 star the free 2 star Felicia, the only skills I've gave her were the Poison Strikes from a spare Saizo. I did not regret it what so ever.

Both Felicia and Niles serve as ranged mageslayers who defy triangles. But Felicia's superior because she can also debuff enemies greatly while Niles cannot. I'd say you made the right choice. :)

Edited by Lyrai

I mean, I'm planning on 5* Hinata. Everyone uses the poor dude simply for Fury, and I'm sitting here just leveling him with the hopes of making him useable.

I find Xander works better with Quick Riposte than Vantage or Desperation. It could just be me, though.

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

So one can comparatively say, Serra is more of a "waste of feathers" right? Also, any healer can serve you well, it just depends on who you put what on

I took off rehabilitate from a Lissa, and Heavenly light + Live to serve from a Wrys and now I have the same thing except she's much better looking! :P

I dunno, I kinda enjoy how tanky Wrys is. That old man has tons of HP and takes punishment (particularly magical) pretty well. However, if I acquired a 4 star Serra without feather use, the same thing could very well happen for me. On the other hand, Wrys is officially retired if Bride Lyn falls into my lap.

3 minutes ago, Midori Mage said:
  Reveal hidden contents

PL3gxR1.png

Hi there, I'm here to win the thread.

You deserve a trophy. Though I'll dethrone you one day with my *5 Matthew. I'm pretty sure that's even worse.

1 minute ago, Midori Mage said:
  Reveal hidden contents

PL3gxR1.png

Hi there, I'm here to win the thread.

Nice one! Although he might still be slightly inferior to Nino in terms of damage, he's quite a good L&D user after all. @Zeo, we have a winner. :D

2 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

I mean, I'm planning on 5* Hinata. Everyone uses the poor dude simply for Fury, and I'm sitting here just leveling him with the hopes of making him useable.

I find Xander works better with Quick Riposte than Vantage or Desperation. It could just be me, though.

I find Hinata to be on a similar league as Lukas, but with a Ruby Sword which kind of defeats the purpose of being so tanky. Feel free to try and be creative with your builds!

1 minute ago, Zeo said:

I dunno, I kinda enjoy how tanky Wrys is. That old man has tons of HP and takes punishment (particularly magical) pretty well. However, if I acquired a 4 star Serra without feather use, the same thing could very well happen for me. On the other hand, Wrys is officially retired if Bride Lyn falls into my lap.

You deserve a trophy. Though I'll dethrone you one day with my *5 Matthew. I'm pretty sure that's even worse.

Wrys is well... the magic tank! He fulfills his purpose well and survives through thick and thin as a veteran healer. :3

32 minutes ago, Zeo said:

On the other hand... promoting Kagero probably wouldn't count as a waste. Promoting Matthew to *5 however, is something I wholeheartedly plan on doing. And I will run him in arena to. That's probably something people consider a waste. I'm pretty sure he's considered a waste of feathers and inferior to Kagero, Takumi, B!Cordelia (all units I have at *5) as well as... pretty much every other colorless unit in the game just about.

Ah Matthew. He's an odd one with his Rogue Dagger and low attack power, but high SPD and DEF. I honestly don't know how he fits in, but he could really use a higher attack power indeed. :(

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

5 star Matthew definitely isn't too bad

I still think a 5 star healer would truly win this thread XD

23 minutes ago, Lyrai said:

As for uncommon choices, I promoted Eliwood to 5*, and even gave him Distant Counter. He's the best mage slayer on my team now. :)

the idea that Eliwood learned DC from his best bud made me smile with dirty thoughts in mind

Just now, JSND said:

the idea that Eliwood learned DC from his best bud made me smile with dirty thoughts in mind

Oh come on. It's just all about best friends forever, right? >w<
... right?

13 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

5 star Matthew definitely isn't too bad

I still think a 5 star healer would truly win this thread XD

Spoiler

CEIbs1u.png

Still a work in progress, but still.

Edited by Sophie

4 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Still a work in progress, but still.

No one can beat Serra. No one. We'll have to bow down to her~ :3