Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology, Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth, and SMT: Strange Journey Redux all confirmed by Atlus USA! (And for Europe by Deep Silver)

The DanMan

Leaked via testpages that have since been taken down. A mod on neogaf was able to grab these images:

DBsG1hJXsAAK4eJ.jpg

DBsHhO-WAAAMdRQ.jpg

DBsH1AlXYAAb1kU.jpg

Glad it finally happened. Was concerned that EOV wouldn't get localized at all.

Edited by The DanMan

12 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

that's a huge relief if this is real

glad to see EO5 might be comming out this fall

If you search for the series on their site, the games show up. Clicking on them leads to dead links, but they're in there.

EOV- just in time for the holidays, yay! Now I just need to get back to my Classic Expert EOU file (stopped at Iwaro), and my EOU2 Classic Expert (stuck at Juggernaut- does anyone know which of Protection Vow and Self-Defense helps my Beast survive more? My team is a totally suboptimal Axelandy, WM, Beast, Survivalist, and Sov.- it was only luck which let me beat Scylla and Harpuia).

I'll skip SJ:R, because I'm about halfway done with Eridanus. Though I must say I'm worried my demons are reaching their limits- I'm still using an Angel!

As for RH: PC, it's a maybe. Gotta see how much it exactly adds.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'll skip SJ:R, because I'm about halfway done with Eridanus. Though I must say I'm worried my demons are reaching their limits- I'm still using an Angel!

Be prepared for Ouroboros to give you a serious butt-kicking.  I simply could not beat her without using one of my Bead Chains.

Gematsu has reported that while EOV will have English VO and Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology has full English voice acting, SMT: Strange Journey will retain its Japanese VO.

Trailers: (had both individually tagged but the spoiler tag system weirded out again)

Edited by The DanMan

28 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

SMT: Strange Journey will retain its Japanese VO.

...Are you kidding me, Atlus?  Are you really freaking doing this?  Tokyo Mirage Sessions at least had the excuse of retaining its atmosphere, but this is just sad.

I wanted to hear some official English voices, dangit!

8 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

...Are you kidding me, Atlus?  Are you really freaking doing this?  Tokyo Mirage Sessions at least had the excuse of retaining its atmosphere, but this is just sad.

I wanted to hear some official English voices, dangit!

It's looking like it's the one of the trio that's getting the least effort. No dub, no trailer... wouldn't be surprised if it's vetted the least and we even have some untranslated Japanese text left lying around (a la DeSu 1 and SMTIV:A).

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

It's looking like it's the one of the trio that's getting the least effort. No dub, no trailer... wouldn't be surprised if it's vetted the least and we even have some untranslated Japanese text left lying around (a la DeSu 1 and SMTIV:A).

Great.  Just great.  Not only are we getting a port of a game that doesn't need one as part of Shin Megami Tensei's 25th anniversary, but they don't even bother to give us proper English voices.  Considering Strange Journey was designed specifically to appeal to Americans, that's rather pathetic.

SMT Switch had better knock my freaking socks off, Atlus.

3 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Great.  Just great.  Not only are we getting a port of a game that doesn't need one as part of Shin Megami Tensei's 25th anniversary, but they don't even bother to give us proper English voices.  Considering Strange Journey was designed specifically to appeal to Americans, that's rather pathetic.

SMT Switch had better knock my freaking socks off, Atlus.

The fun thing is that some people would consider it a good thing. 

I remember when Hearts R was released and most french website considered it a bonus...

Speaking of this... Still no news for EU, I guess ?

1 minute ago, Tamanoir said:

The fun thing is that some people would consider it a good thing. 

I remember when Hearts R was released and most french website considered it a bonus...

Speaking of this... Still no news for EU, I guess ?

"Nothing to share" regarding European release dates according to PR, unfortunately.

13 hours ago, The DanMan said:

"Nothing to share" regarding European release dates according to PR, unfortunately.

That's sad, I'd be ecstatic for an EU release for Radiant Historia.

27 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

That is an unexpected source for the localisation, but it's better than for the original RH (which never came out here), so that's nice to read.

So, any source for Deep Silver's record for localisation?

38 minutes ago, Dayni said:

That is an unexpected source for the localisation, but it's better than for the original RH (which never came out here), so that's nice to read.

They only partnered with Atlus recently (as in, the past year or so), so there isn't much record to speak of.

58 minutes ago, Dayni said:

They're behind Persona 5's distribution recently (and Catherine). They also publish the Saints Row series, apparently

I don't think I bought game published by them, but they promised physical releases, which is definitely good news. And not too late after US releases too.

They're Atlus partners now instead of NISA, but it seems they'll do a good job.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't paid much attention to EOV, but the basic gameplay details of it are:

Totally new classes (10~12 right?): each representing a different humanoid race/tribe. (All available at the start?)

No Grimoires, nor Subclasses, instead there are Racial Skills of some sort. This was done one of the developers said to prevent the building of a team of 5 without any real flaws or weaknesses (which subclassing and grimoires supposedly allowed).

Return to a 30 floor Labyrinth divided into 6 Stratums after EOIII and IV's deviations.

Quality of Life improvements made and accumulated up to and including EOU2 return (plus more?).

Synthesized and Orchestrated versions of the soundtrack? (If so, from a compositional perspective, I wonder how they did this? Were the pieces originally composed in one form, and then simply redone for the other? Or were they made with a conscious awareness of making them sound optimal in both?)

Difficulty has a Normal and a Picnic. but no Expert? (Difficulty above EO4, but not the hardest of EOs?)

After going through EOU Story Mode and EOU2 with only a Survivalist serving as a rudimentary ailment user, I can definitely say I love binding and ailing things in EO and can't go without them. I mean I love my EOU Classic Ronin too, but all I know is that I'll be running whatever the new classes that specialize in shutting down baddies are called. Were there an EO MMORPG, I'd probably be a Nightseeker.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Finally gonna get EO5! Hell yeah. Totally gonna get Strange Journey too, Japanese voice be damned.

Hate the new artwork for Radiant Historia though, probably just gonna stick to the original version. 

15 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

10 Classes total.

I thought it was just normal and hard, but no pIcnic actually, but I may remember this wrong.

Each class have two different paths they can go through, with different stats. Like for example, the medic equivalent can chose to be better at Healing or better at inflicting status effect

Now Tec is divided between Int (Attack) and WIS (defence. I think also Healing, but not 100% sure.

16 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't paid much attention to EOV, but the basic gameplay details of it are:

Totally new classes (10~12 right?): each representing a different humanoid race/tribe. (All available at the start?)

No Grimoires, nor Subclasses, instead there are Racial Skills of some sort. This was done one of the developers said to prevent the building of a team of 5 without any real flaws or weaknesses (which subclassing and grimoires supposedly allowed).

Return to a 30 floor Labyrinth divided into 6 Stratums after EOIII and IV's deviations.

Quality of Life improvements made and accumulated up to and including EOU2 return (plus more?).

Synthesized and Orchestrated versions of the soundtrack? (If so, from a compositional perspective, I wonder how they did this? Were the pieces originally composed in one form, and then simply redone for the other? Or were they made with a conscious awareness of making them sound optimal in both?)

Difficulty has a Normal and a Picnic. but no Expert? (Difficulty above EO4, but not the hardest of EOs?)

After going through EOU Story Mode and EOU2 with only a Survivalist serving as a rudimentary ailment user, I can definitely say I love binding and ailing things in EO and can't go without them. I mean I love my EOU Classic Ronin too, but all I know is that I'll be running whatever the new classes that specialize in shutting down baddies are called. Were there an EO MMORPG, I'd probably be a Nightseeker.

10 classes, four races with different stat specialties. The races start limited to certain classes, but after a certain point you can freely mix and match between classes. After a certain point you do get to choose a "title" (Fencer: basically either Ronin or Land, Reaper: full glass cannon with line attacks or a more versatile status attacker/binder, Warlocks: frontline mage or full magic nuke, etc.).
There's only "Basic" and "Advanced" difficulties (Basic is comparable to the Untold game's normal mode, Advanced is slightly harder than the Untold game's Hard mode). Wouldn't be surprised if they changed the names in localization to avoid confusion.
30 floor labyrinth, QoL improvements, orchestrated and synthesized OST, check (OST has some awesome music).

The special irony about the titles is that they seem to allow you to make a solid, well-rounded team-- in spite of the dev comment on how they wanted to avoid that. Heck, I've seen a video of the final boss being killed in two turns with a level 65 party.

Edited by The DanMan