Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology, Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth, and SMT: Strange Journey Redux all confirmed by Atlus USA! (And for Europe by Deep Silver)

The DanMan

Thanks for the clarifications @The DanMan and @Tamanoir. I don't want to pay too close attention to the game before it's released in the West to preserve a blind first playthrough full of wonder, but I did want just some general idea of the gameplay tweaks/changes so I'm not totally overwhelmed when I start.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

EOV! Woo! Incredibly pumped to make a team full of and only full of the beast tribes.

And shoot, I really need to get around to playing Radiant Historia - I've only heard good things about it. For those that have played it, would you say it was a game that needed updating? For comparison, I'm glad they fixed bugs in a game like EO Untold, but I hate the story changes.

Good to see Europe will be getting these games. I'm happy for them.

Obviously it's nice NA is getting these games, too. Personally I never really doubted we'd be getting EOV, it was only a matter of time when. I think I'm definitely going to buy that one, but Strange Journey REDUX and the Radiant Historia remaster I probably won't get, especially since I already have the latter which I STILL haven't finished...

3 hours ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

And shoot, I really need to get around to playing Radiant Historia - I've only heard good things about it. For those that have played it, would you say it was a game that needed updating?

I think it's a solid game across the board, the soundtrack is really good and the gameplay's fun imo (it's CTB, but you can edit turn order and enemies can be moved round a grid). They've only really announced new stuff so far (1 new character, a whole new scenario)... and DLC. That's really the one stickler for this game for me, because that's already announced, and the new stuff might not go down well.

3 hours ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

And shoot, I really need to get around to playing Radiant Historia - I've only heard good things about it. For those that have played it, would you say it was a game that needed updating? For comparison, I'm glad they fixed bugs in a game like EO Untold, but I hate the story changes.

Not really. At least formally, it's an excellent RPGs with great battle system, and the time travel is intuitive and easy to use. I don't really have an emotional attachment to this game personnally, but it's objectivly a great game.

I'm also on the league that consider the new graphisms slightly worse.

It's god for EU, because we would never have got it otherwise, but it clearly wasn't necessary otherwise. It's more to give the game more visibility than to remake it.

@Dayni @Tamanoir Thanks for the responses!

New characters almost never go down well in to established stories without changing a lot or being poorly shoehorned in, both of which negatively detract from the whole. I'm gonna queue up RH as the next game to play though, because it sounds even better then when I was urged to pick it up initially.

Wasn't Deep Silver's marketing team behind the "anime fan on prom night" ordeal?  10/10 reputation right there.