Nintendo Switch Restocks?

Sentacotus

Anyone hear about any Nintendo Switch Restocks anywhere?  I can't find them in retail anywhere the sections are just barren.  I fully expected that in March, April, even May for the console but I guess demand is just that high.  Has there been anything from Nintendo or retailers anywhere saying anything about the supply or restocking of them?  Hopefully, by the holidays theres some out there.  Feel free to share any information in the thread I'll keep up as best as I can to add it to this post for people.

Update:

Likely Restock at US Target retailers week of 11 June

Nintendo battles with Apple for Switch Parts (thanks DodgeDusk)

Edited by LordOTaco

I did tried to ask them at GameStop and Best Buy stores at around my town in a while ago, they said they have no confirmation on what's the next Nintendo Switch consoles get restocked in the stores. I do wish they restock the Nintendo Switch consoles so that we can get our hands on it.

Edited by King Marth 64

Its odd because I thought I remember hearing at least stuff from Nintendo about Amiibo restocks when that whole situation was going on.  I would think their main console/handheld would be even more of a priority to at least release something about it.

Last time I was in a GameStop, which was right after my birthday in early May, the lady there said they have not gotten word on a restock. It's really stupid. Reggie promises they'd be better about stock, but then they don't even restock? How low.

I already have a Switch, but this is pretty annoying for those still looking for one.

Gamestop has web in-store of bundles depending on your area.

Finding a vanilla console is about the same as finding a Wii a year after its launch.

The only reason we got a vanilla console is that Belinda is an employee and they get first dibs if they even have the money to buy one.

Edited by shadowofchaos

27 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Finding a vanilla console is about the same as finding a Wii a year after its launch.

The only reason we got a vanilla console is that Belinda is an employee and they get first dibs if they even have the money to buy one.

How many Nintendo Switch consoles did they still have in those game stores around at your area?

50 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Last time I was in a GameStop, which was right after my birthday in early May, the lady there said they have not gotten word on a restock. It's really stupid. Reggie promises they'd be better about stock, but then they don't even restock? How low.

I already have a Switch, but this is pretty annoying for those still looking for one.

Yeah its pretty much the Nintendo run around.  To bad they don't mass produce like they did in the cartridge days.  NES mini I can understand since it was a limited run since the beginning.

45 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I figured as much lol.  Supposedly Target is having a restock on June 11th next week....

https://nintendowire.com/news/2017/06/05/switch-restock-coming-target-next-week/

I have yet to see one in stock anywhere in my area, of course I live on the US/Mexico border so that means the stores here sell out even faster.  The only good thing is this gives me time to save up enough money to buy a Switch and FE Warriors when that game comes out.

Nintendo want to double the number of Switches they produce this year due to demand (they wanted to release 10,000 initially), but they're having trouble acquring parts. Information can be found here.

The problem is an industrywide capacity shortage for components used in smartphones, computer servers and other digital devices. These include the NAND flash-memory chips that store data, liquid-crystal displays and [Linear Resonant Actuators] the tiny motors that enable the Switch’s hand-held controllers to imitate the feel of an ice cube shaking in a glass.

Honestly, it sounds like there's going to be stock problems for a good number of months.

1 minute ago, EricaofRenais said:

I have yet to see one in stock anywhere in my area, of course I live on the US/Mexico border so that means the stores here sell out even faster.  The only good thing is this gives me time to save up enough money to buy a Switch and FE Warriors when that game comes out.

I think its like that just about anywhere.  Here in the DC area its the same story.  That is one positive being able to pick up used copies or cheap copies of games now that the Switch is beginning to build up its library beyond just Zelda BoTW.

2 minutes ago, jdb1984 said:

The 11th is on a Sunday, meaning I'll be at church.  Chances are, they'll already sell out by the time I'm able to go there. :(:

Possibly although it specifies the week of the 11th so really all we know right now is that its sometime that week.  Could very likely be midnight on that Monday (12th)

9 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Nintendo want to double the number of Switches they produce this year due to demand (they wanted to release 10,000 initially), but they're having trouble acquring parts. Information can be found here.

Honestly, it sounds like there's going to be stock problems for a good number of months.

Thanks for the information added to the OP.  Thats actually pretty interesting can't imagine apple being too happy about that.

Edited by LordOTaco

Here in Canada they are hard to come by. I've been keeping watch on Amazon.ca, and they appear every 5 days or so for about an hour in the morning before they are gone.

14 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Ugh, really? Man, if it isn't one thing, it's another... :facepalm:

Even though I have a Switch, this worries me because it could affect this year's games. Not the actual releasing, but the sales. If not many people have a Switch, even Super Mario Odyssey won't sell as well as it could have.

Edited by Anacybele

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ugh, really? Man, if it isn't one thing, it's another... :facepalm:

Even though I have a Switch, this worries me because it could affect this year's games. Not the actual releasing, but the sales. If not many people have a Switch, even Super Mario Odyssey won't sell as well as it could have.

If nothing else Nintendo knows that there is demand for it and will (hopefully) take steps to increase supply.  Even if they don't sell as much as they could have on launch I think over the consoles lifespan they'll make up with long term sales especially with big brand name titles like Mario Zelda etc. 

Edited by LordOTaco

13 minutes ago, LordOTaco said:

If nothing else Nintendo knows that there is demand for it and will (hopefully) take steps to increase supply.  Even if they don't sell as much as they could have on launch I think over the consoles lifespan they'll make up with long term sales especially with big brand name titles like Mario Zelda etc. 

Right, yeah. This is all we can hope for, really.

Well, my chances of getting a Switch on Sunday went from "unlikely" to "not happening".  My job needs us to work a shift on Sunday, so I really don't have time to check on something that's probably a lost cause anyway.

I did went to Best Buy yesterday to ask if when are the restock of the Nintendo Switch consoles are going to be coming back and one of the employees did said that they are going to be restocking the next batch Nintendo Switch consoles. I'm at near Best Buy and I didn't see any people nor see a line yet. I'm most likely going to get a chance to buy Nintendo Switch console today.

Edit: I finally managed to get a chance to buy the Nintendo Switch console with the Neon Color Joycons along with the Screen Protector and the Warranty Plan from Best Buy today. I came first in the wait at the Best Buy store at around my town and there was more people came at the before Best Buy was open at 10 PM PST. I did managed to see they have about a total of 36 Boxes available at the Check Out.

Edited by King Marth 64

22 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

I did went to Best Buy yesterday to ask if when are the restock of the Nintendo Switch consoles are going to be coming back and one of the employees did said that they are going to be restocking the next batch Nintendo Switch consoles. I'm at near Best Buy and I didn't see any people nor see a line yet. I'm most likely going to get a chance to buy Nintendo Switch console today.

Edit: I finally managed to get a chance to buy the Nintendo Switch console with the Neon Color Joycons along with the Screen Protector and the Warranty Plan from Best Buy today. I came first in the wait at the Best Buy store at around my town and there was more people came at the before Best Buy was open at 10 PM PST. I did managed to see they have about a total of 36 Boxes available at the Check Out.

Congrats!  Yeah when I asked at Best Buy they said on the 11th they had some come in but there was a line of people at midnight and yeah they pretty much all went then.  I suspect it was the same case at Target as well.

• 3 months later...

I know this a older topic but I wanted to say I was able to pick up a Nintendo Switch today at GameStop and the Best Buys in my area also had them in stock, I went with GameStop because I was able to get $15 off.

Edited by EricaofRenais

On 9/16/2017 at 7:23 PM, EricaofRenais said:

I know this a older topic but I wanted to say I was able to pick up a Nintendo Switch today at GameStop and the Best Buys in my area also had them in stock, I went with GameStop because I was able to get $15 off.

On that note my local target had two sitting on the shelf  a bit of a unicorn moment tbh. Although at the moment im saving a bit of money from ebay sales of some of my old PC parts so i can get a bundle for about 200 usd out of pocket.