Jump to content
LordTaco

Nintendo Switch Restocks?

Recommended Posts

Anyone hear about any Nintendo Switch Restocks anywhere?  I can't find them in retail anywhere the sections are just barren.  I fully expected that in March, April, even May for the console but I guess demand is just that high.  Has there been anything from Nintendo or retailers anywhere saying anything about the supply or restocking of them?  Hopefully, by the holidays theres some out there.  Feel free to share any information in the thread I'll keep up as best as I can to add it to this post for people.

Update:

Likely Restock at US Target retailers week of 11 June

Nintendo battles with Apple for Switch Parts (thanks DodgeDusk)

Edited by LordOTaco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did tried to ask them at GameStop and Best Buy stores at around my town in a while ago, they said they have no confirmation on what's the next Nintendo Switch consoles get restocked in the stores. I do wish they restock the Nintendo Switch consoles so that we can get our hands on it.

Edited by King Marth 64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its odd because I thought I remember hearing at least stuff from Nintendo about Amiibo restocks when that whole situation was going on.  I would think their main console/handheld would be even more of a priority to at least release something about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time I was in a GameStop, which was right after my birthday in early May, the lady there said they have not gotten word on a restock. It's really stupid. Reggie promises they'd be better about stock, but then they don't even restock? How low.

I already have a Switch, but this is pretty annoying for those still looking for one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gamestop has web in-store of bundles depending on your area.

Finding a vanilla console is about the same as finding a Wii a year after its launch.

The only reason we got a vanilla console is that Belinda is an employee and they get first dibs if they even have the money to buy one.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Gamestop has web in-store of bundles depending on your area.

Finding a vanilla console is about the same as finding a Wii a year after its launch.

The only reason we got a vanilla console is that Belinda is an employee and they get first dibs if they even have the money to buy one.

How many Nintendo Switch consoles did they still have in those game stores around at your area?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Last time I was in a GameStop, which was right after my birthday in early May, the lady there said they have not gotten word on a restock. It's really stupid. Reggie promises they'd be better about stock, but then they don't even restock? How low.

I already have a Switch, but this is pretty annoying for those still looking for one.

Yeah its pretty much the Nintendo run around.  To bad they don't mass produce like they did in the cartridge days.  NES mini I can understand since it was a limited run since the beginning.

45 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Gamestop has web in-store of bundles depending on your area.

Finding a vanilla console is about the same as finding a Wii a year after its launch.

The only reason we got a vanilla console is that Belinda is an employee and they get first dibs if they even have the money to buy one.

I figured as much lol.  Supposedly Target is having a restock on June 11th next week....

 

https://nintendowire.com/news/2017/06/05/switch-restock-coming-target-next-week/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have yet to see one in stock anywhere in my area, of course I live on the US/Mexico border so that means the stores here sell out even faster.  The only good thing is this gives me time to save up enough money to buy a Switch and FE Warriors when that game comes out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nintendo want to double the number of Switches they produce this year due to demand (they wanted to release 10,000 initially), but they're having trouble acquring parts. Information can be found here.

Quote

The problem is an industrywide capacity shortage for components used in smartphones, computer servers and other digital devices. These include the NAND flash-memory chips that store data, liquid-crystal displays and [Linear Resonant Actuators] the tiny motors that enable the Switch’s hand-held controllers to imitate the feel of an ice cube shaking in a glass.

Honestly, it sounds like there's going to be stock problems for a good number of months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EricaofRenais said:

I have yet to see one in stock anywhere in my area, of course I live on the US/Mexico border so that means the stores here sell out even faster.  The only good thing is this gives me time to save up enough money to buy a Switch and FE Warriors when that game comes out.

I think its like that just about anywhere.  Here in the DC area its the same story.  That is one positive being able to pick up used copies or cheap copies of games now that the Switch is beginning to build up its library beyond just Zelda BoTW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 11th is on a Sunday, meaning I'll be at church.  Chances are, they'll already sell out by the time I'm able to go there. :(:

Edited by jdb1984

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jdb1984 said:

The 11th is on a Sunday, meaning I'll be at church.  Chances are, they'll already sell out by the time I'm able to go there. :(:

Possibly although it specifies the week of the 11th so really all we know right now is that its sometime that week.  Could very likely be midnight on that Monday (12th)

9 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Nintendo want to double the number of Switches they produce this year due to demand (they wanted to release 10,000 initially), but they're having trouble acquring parts. Information can be found here.

Honestly, it sounds like there's going to be stock problems for a good number of months.

 

Thanks for the information added to the OP.  Thats actually pretty interesting can't imagine apple being too happy about that.

Edited by LordOTaco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here in Canada they are hard to come by. I've been keeping watch on Amazon.ca, and they appear every 5 days or so for about an hour in the morning before they are gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

Nintendo want to double the number of Switches they produce this year due to demand (they wanted to release 10,000 initially), but they're having trouble acquring parts. Information can be found here.

Honestly, it sounds like there's going to be stock problems for a good number of months.

Ugh, really? Man, if it isn't one thing, it's another... :facepalm:

Even though I have a Switch, this worries me because it could affect this year's games. Not the actual releasing, but the sales. If not many people have a Switch, even Super Mario Odyssey won't sell as well as it could have.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ugh, really? Man, if it isn't one thing, it's another... :facepalm:

Even though I have a Switch, this worries me because it could affect this year's games. Not the actual releasing, but the sales. If not many people have a Switch, even Super Mario Odyssey won't sell as well as it could have.

If nothing else Nintendo knows that there is demand for it and will (hopefully) take steps to increase supply.  Even if they don't sell as much as they could have on launch I think over the consoles lifespan they'll make up with long term sales especially with big brand name titles like Mario Zelda etc. 

Edited by LordOTaco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LordOTaco said:

If nothing else Nintendo knows that there is demand for it and will (hopefully) take steps to increase supply.  Even if they don't sell as much as they could have on launch I think over the consoles lifespan they'll make up with long term sales especially with big brand name titles like Mario Zelda etc. 

Right, yeah. This is all we can hope for, really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, my chances of getting a Switch on Sunday went from "unlikely" to "not happening".  My job needs us to work a shift on Sunday, so I really don't have time to check on something that's probably a lost cause anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did went to Best Buy yesterday to ask if when are the restock of the Nintendo Switch consoles are going to be coming back and one of the employees did said that they are going to be restocking the next batch Nintendo Switch consoles. I'm at near Best Buy and I didn't see any people nor see a line yet. I'm most likely going to get a chance to buy Nintendo Switch console today.

Edit: I finally managed to get a chance to buy the Nintendo Switch console with the Neon Color Joycons along with the Screen Protector and the Warranty Plan from Best Buy today. I came first in the wait at the Best Buy store at around my town and there was more people came at the before Best Buy was open at 10 PM PST. I did managed to see they have about a total of 36 Boxes available at the Check Out.

Edited by King Marth 64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

I did went to Best Buy yesterday to ask if when are the restock of the Nintendo Switch consoles are going to be coming back and one of the employees did said that they are going to be restocking the next batch Nintendo Switch consoles. I'm at near Best Buy and I didn't see any people nor see a line yet. I'm most likely going to get a chance to buy Nintendo Switch console today.

Edit: I finally managed to get a chance to buy the Nintendo Switch console with the Neon Color Joycons along with the Screen Protector and the Warranty Plan from Best Buy today. I came first in the wait at the Best Buy store at around my town and there was more people came at the before Best Buy was open at 10 PM PST. I did managed to see they have about a total of 36 Boxes available at the Check Out.

Congrats!  Yeah when I asked at Best Buy they said on the 11th they had some come in but there was a line of people at midnight and yeah they pretty much all went then.  I suspect it was the same case at Target as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this a older topic but I wanted to say I was able to pick up a Nintendo Switch today at GameStop and the Best Buys in my area also had them in stock, I went with GameStop because I was able to get $15 off.

Edited by EricaofRenais

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2017 at 7:23 PM, EricaofRenais said:

I know this a older topic but I wanted to say I was able to pick up a Nintendo Switch today at GameStop and the Best Buys in my area also had them in stock, I went with GameStop because I was able to get $15 off.

On that note my local target had two sitting on the shelf  a bit of a unicorn moment tbh. Although at the moment im saving a bit of money from ebay sales of some of my old PC parts so i can get a bundle for about 200 usd out of pocket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...