Can I make any decent teams with this?

noob

So I've only bought orbs once and rage quit when I didn't get any "S-tier" characters a few months back

Did the tiers shift from then and can I make something decent out of this or just stay quitted?

KakaoTalk_20170607_111223779.jpg

KakaoTalk_20170607_111225380.jpg

KakaoTalk_20170607_111226998.jpg

I mean, having S-Tier doesn't matter that much. People don't really like the tiers either really. Tier lists usually don't apply Skill Inheritance so basically anyone can be made decent.

With those cavalry, I'm sure you can make a pretty good Horse Emblem. Olwen provides Ward Cavalry (I think) which can only works wonders for them. If you can get 4* Gunters or Jagens to pass Hone and Fortify to your 5* Cavalries, then that would be good. Also, getting Camus is pretty good since he's generally a good unit from what I've heard, and he has Goad Cavalry.

People also love Blade tomes. Doing extra damage equal to stat boosts can go up to 24 damage which is pretty insane.

Also, would you happen to know the IVs of your 5*s?

Edited by KongDude

2 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I mean, having S-Tier doesn't matter that much. People don't really like the tiers either really. Tier lists usually don't apply Skill Inheritance so basically anyone can be made decent.

With those cavalry, I'm sure you can make a pretty good Horse Emblem. Olwen provides Ward Cavalry (I think) which can only works wonders for them. If you can get 4* Gunters or Jagens to pass Hone and Fortify to your 5* Cavalries, then that would be good. Also, getting Camus is pretty good since he's generally a good unit from what I've heard, and he has Goad Cavalry. 

Thanks a lot

Could you tell me specifically which units are good to use?

@noob Um....

I hate to break it to you but your 5 star units are a little lack luster :/

My advice is to spend 20k On your Tharja as long as she isn't -Spd and maybe give her Life and Death from your Jaffar if you're not going to miss him OR give her Fury from one of your 3 Hinatas (make sure you promote Hinata to 4 star first). You're also going to want Olivia at 4 star level 40 too but that will take a little bit of time heh

What you're going to need is a 5 star sword user, as well as a better spear than Abel. You'll want to promote Sharena very quickly! you can also make a makeshift Flier team with Minerva, spring Camilla, one of your Pallas, and that Cordelia you have too. You can give one of them Caeda's Fortify fliers

you can also make a bootleg cavalry team as @KongDude suggested.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

@noob Um....

I hate to break it to you but your 5 star units are a little lack luster :/

My advice is to spend 20k On your Tharja as long as she isn't -Spd and maybe give her Life and Death from your Jaffar if you're not going to miss him OR give her Fury from one of your 3 Hinatas (make sure you promote Hinata to 4 star first). You're also going to want Olivia at 4 star level 40 too but that will take a little bit of time heh

What you're going to need is a 5 star sword user, as well as a better spear than Abel. You'll want to promote Sharena very quickly! you can also make a makeshift Flier team with Minerva, spring Camilla, one of your Pallas, and that Cordelia you have too. You can give one of them Caeda's Fortify fliers

you can also make a bootleg cavalry team as @KongDude suggested.

Yeah.. thought so about my pulls

fliers or cavalries I guess

59 minutes ago, noob said:

Thanks a lot

Could you tell me specifically which units are good to use?

If you want Horse Emblem, then go with your Cavs which are Cecilia, Abel, Olwen, and Leo. There are others that can fulfill their roles a bit better, but they can still work fine. Use your Jagen for skill inheritance and give Fortify Cavalry (In your case, I'd probably give it to Abel if you plan on using him). I've never used a serious Cav team but I know ____ Cavalry skills are good for a Horse Emblem. Gunter also has Hone Cavalry so pass that if you ever get him.

Whoa, that's a lot of mages. I've been playing since release and almost all of my 4 and 5 star mages are GHB units. Olwen and Cecilia are an excellent base for a cav team. Check your roster for the cavalry skills. Eliwood (Ward cavs), Gunter (Hone), Jagen (Fortify), Reinhardt (Goad).  Olwen has Ward, and you've got a day to grab GHB Camus for his Goad. He's also just an excellent unit in general for having counter on his weapon.

You've also got two Gordins at 5 star. Brave Bow+ is highly sought after by archers. Even your Rebecca could run a good brave bow set. Gordin's Vantage 3 is also sought after by units with counter (like that Camus you should totally get). But instead, promote up Lon qus to 4 star so you can strip Vantage 3 from them.

I wish I could provide more insight on the guys you have, but they're all so rare.

9 minutes ago, KongDude said:

If you want Horse Emblem, then go with your Cavs which are Cecilia, Abel, Olwen, and Leo. There are others that can fulfill their roles a bit better, but they can still work fine. Use your Jagen for skill inheritance and give Fortify Cavalry (In your case, I'd probably give it to Abel if you plan on using him). I've never used a serious Cav team but I know ____ Cavalry skills are good for a Horse Emblem. Gunter also has Hone Cavalry so pass that if you ever get him.

I'd argue the best path to take with this pool is actually Olwen + Cecilia + Olivia

Fortify Cavalry is pretty useless if you did not run the tank horse or Blade and the only seen Blade here is Tharja -> Leo

Edited by JSND

Abel is a viable lance user, as long as his IVs are good or neutral.  Without SI, he is a little niche against swordlords but that isn't bad.

Lon'qu can become a wonderful red sword for you.  He can break several glass cannon swordlord builds, and can stand well enough on his own.  A little SI helps him out lots.  Not top-tier but better than merely "usable"

Don't worry much about tiers. With enough skill inheritance almost anything will do pretty well. You don't need Azura, Hector and whatnot to clear arena consistantly or clear most of the other content. Even grand hero battles have been proven beatable with using nothing but 3* free units so there's always those strategies to fall back on too.

If you just want a general team, I'd put 20k feathers into that Tharja as long as she's not -atk or -spd to fill the void of a good red unit in your 5* lineup.(Leo really shines in a cav team, while Tharja's much better in a non-themed team. It's really easy to get hone attack and/or hone speed on a teammate(s) to help her rip through stuff)

You could make a decent flier team with Minerva, Cordelia, S Camilla and Palla. Inherit Caeda's flier skill onto one of them and either give S Camilla Gronnblade+ if you have a Nino in your 3* pool you can afford to rank up or just sacrifice your second Cecilia for Gronnraven+ to give to her. It will probably cost you a lot more feathers to get a full 5* flier team running really well, but you do have the bases for one if you wanted to.

For a cav team you should really get Camus before he's gone and a team of Camus, Olwen, Cecilia and Leo will be pretty great. Inherit some cavalry buff skills from any Jagens an Gunters you have and they'll be pretty good to go. You can even rank up that Tharja and give her 5* tome to Leo if you wanted to go all in.(though you might want to keep her around anyway since you're lacking in good reds overall, and she's a bonus unit for the Tempest Trials coming tomorrow)

I think a cav team is your best bet since you have the 3 prime mages for it and if you grab Camus he's a great defensive unit to go alongside them if he's 5* with his range 1-2 counter lance.

Edited by Alkaid

Seriously speaking though if you want to make heavy investment this unit pool is actually godly

Olwen(depends on IV on this i guess)

Special: Luna(Frederick)/Moonbow(Palla)

Reposition

A: LnD3(Jaffar) or LnD2(Hana if you still have her)

B: Slot filler

C: Fortify Cavalry(Jagen)

Cecilia

Special: Moonbow/Luna

Assist: Swap(Subaki)

A: TA2(Cordelia)

B: QR2(Subaki)

C: Hone Cavalry(Gunter if you still have him)

Olivia

Leo:

Special: Moonbow/Luna

Assist: Anything

A: TA2(Cordelia)

B: QR3

C: Hone Cavalry

Use this with Olivia and you can basically cheese this Arena season. Use Cecilia to check Reinhardt, use Olwen to kill absolutely everything after she receive Hone Cavalry(she have like 120 coverage), use Leo to manage Greens, in which Tomes are currently more common

After this the only optimization you need is getting Drawbacks, Repositions, Desperations, Lancebreakers, Nino, and Henry to outfit this set up further

Reinhardt/Olwen, Cecilia, Olivia/Leo is probably one of the most powerful comp atm

Edited by JSND

Olwen has potential. She's no Reinhardt but she'll probably Quad more sooo

holy crap

how did you get two spring camillas lmao

and im still sitting here with no special units. No bunny Lucina or Chrom. No bridelia. :(

Tier lists aren't very reliable to be honest. You could have all "S-tier" units and still not do well in Arena, or you could consistently get Advanced wins with "B-tier" units. Player skill and game sense are far more important. 

If you wanted specific unit suggestions though...

As others have suggested, your best bet is probably to make a cavalry team. I can't see the rest of your 3* units, but if you have Gunter, his Hone Cavalry skill is amazing. Pair that up with Cecilia (who likes Gronnblade, but if you don't have a spare Nino, you could run a T-Adept Raven set instead, which you seem to have the fodder for already), Olwen, and Leo (who could inherit Tharja's blade tome), and you're good to go. If you give Leo a blade tome, I would also consider passing Fortify Cavalry from Jagen onto one of your units (either Cecilia or Olwen) so that they can buff Leo's damage even further. 

Like others have said, having units that are high on the tier lists doesn't directly equate to success. First and foremost, you have to learn to actually be good at the game.

Your team has some really good potential. Learn which units/builds are good and just take it one step at a time. Be patient, eventually you will get more units, and some of them will be the S-tier stuff you are looking for.

You should go do the GHB for Camus immediately. It ends tonight, and he is one of the best Lances in the game. Even if current Tier lists don't agree at the moment.