Hello there, this is my 2nd post on the forum. I haven't been online much, sorry about that I almost forgot that I made an account here lol. I know Japan doesn't have the same school culture as we do in Canada and the States but how about we have some kind of graduation + prom night themed banner held in like late June or somethng? Since Graduations are typically held in June as well as prom nights. I even have ideas for character outfits and skills. I made up some skills myself, the hero types, weapons, outfits and portraits. My job starts June 14th (training week) and then we officially start June 27th but we have other things to do before then so I'll be making some extra money. Also I get paid for training week (bonus points :D) so I'll be commissioning an artist that I have in mind to draw these pictures mimicking the different art-styles as she is very good at it. When the portraits are drawn I will post them here.

So for the characters, I was thinking for the hypothetical banner would be:

1.) Corrin (Male) 

Type: Green Breath (We need more Green Dragons)

Outfit: Grey Graduation Gown

Weapon: Confetti Breath+ (Pink Dragonstone, a way to celebrate the grads as he is activating his special there would be confetti flying around the stone)

Title: Graduating Dragon

Skills:

Dance
Breathbreaker (Something similar to the other [insert weapon type here] breaker abilities, only this would have an effect on the dragons in the game)

Congratulations (Special Skill): Boosts damage dealt by 70% of DEF, gives ATK/DEF +4 at the end of combat.

Defiant ATK (1,2,3)

Corrin would be a tank, and would also be high on RES but low on DEF. If this unit came to life, in my opinion you'd want a +ATK - HP Grad!Corrin

2.) Camilla 

Type: Red Sword

Title: Bewitching Dancer

Weapon: Prom Night+ (Black and Purple Color schemed Rapier)

Outfit: Purple Prom Dress

Skills:

Rally Attack
Swordbreaker
Dancing in The Night (Special Skill): Gives ATK/SPD+5 and boosts damage dealt by 60% of ATK Turncount:2.
ATK+1
ATK+2
ATK+3
Escape Route (1,2,3)

This unit would be high on ATK, but low on SPD. If this unit was real, you would want to go for a +ATK - HP Prom!Camilla

3.) Roy 

Type: Red Tome

Outfit: Blue and Red color schemed graduation gown (it would compliment his original color scheme)

Weapon: Graduating Cap+

Skills:

Defiant Atk (1,2,3)
Tomebreaker (1,2,3)
Graduation (Passive Skill A Slot): If unit initates combat with 100% HP, the unit receives ATK/DEF/RES/SPD+8
Resistance +1
Resistance +2
Resistance + 3

This unit would be high on RES, but low on HP. You'd want to go for a +HP - ATK version of Grad!Roy

4.) Lilina:

Type: Blue Lance

Title: Delightful Dancer

Outfit: Red Prom Dress

Weapon: Fancy Pencil+

Skills:

Rally Resistance
Lancebreaker
Night of The Dance (Special Skill): Gives ATK/DEF+2 and boosts damage dealt by 80% of SPD. Turncount: 4.
SPD+1
SPD+2
SPD+3
Breath of Life (1,2,3)

Lilina would be high on SPD but low on RES, if this unit was real you'd want to go for a +RES - HP Prom!Lilina.

What do you guys think of the unit choices? These characters will be definitely drawn, the artist is going to be drawing Camilla's weapon tomorrow. Anything I need to improve? Critiques are always welcomed! Have a good day, I just think this would be really cool. It'd be awesome to see Roy and Corrin in Graduation Gowns. Camilla would be a prom date for Corrin while Lilina would be Roy's prom date. Anyway, that's it for now let me know what you guys think.

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

We've already had Camilla in a previous banner.  How about Hinoka as Corrin's prom date instead?

Azura would also be a good choice, or if they want to avoid having him taking a family member to prom, Felicia.  

Azura would be a really good pick but I do want to see Camilla as a sword user. I know there are two variations of her Vanilla!Camilla and Spring!Camilla but it'd be nice to see her use a sword as a weapon. I suppose Azura would be a red sword user too? And maybe she could wear a blue and white color schemed dress. Hinoka sounds like a cute choice too, I could see her going to the prom if Corrin doesn't even have a date lol

But what do you think of the weapon types? We seriously need more green dragons and I think Corrin!Male would be a a good green breath unit, there hasn't been a dragon variation of him yet.  Felicia sounds like a good pick, she could wear a pink dress to go with her hair.

Edited by BlazingMage

13 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

Yeah green dragon is a good choice.  Aside from the fact that we only have one it would also parallel Male and Female Robin being blue and green tomes.

I don't really get why they decided to give Female Robin a green tome, she should have been a red sword in my opinion. I can't wait to show everyone the drawings, I'll post the sketches when they are available. I'm still going to commission the artist to draw the prom version of Camilla I might commission her to also draw Prom Hinoka and Prom Azura for people who want to see alt costumes for them. Also, the normal portraits, attack, special, and injured will be drawn for each character just like in Fire Emblem Heroes. I'm still coming up with poses for Roy, Lilina, Camilla, and Corrin. If you guys have any ideas for poses I will consider them.

Edited by BlazingMage

5 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Felicia anything would do wonderous things for me. Pls IS.

Would she though? I take it you married her in Fates with your avatar? :P And wow I just realized now I forgot to put my gender, I'm a dude.

1 minute ago, KongDude said:

She's my favorite design wise from Fates and yes I did.

Camilla is probably my favorite character, and yes I did marry her with the avatar I don't care if people think it's strange I liked her as a character.  But I want to marry Niles in a separate playthrough (I'm bi lol). I want this graduation + prom night banner to happen, is there anything I need to work on when it comes to the character's abilities?

2 minutes ago, BlazingMage said:

Camilla is probably my favorite character, and yes I did marry her with the avatar I don't care if people think it's strange I liked her as a character.  But I want to marry Niles in a separate playthrough (I'm bi lol). I want this graduation + prom night banner to happen, is there anything I need to work on when it comes to the character's abilities?

As long as it isn't broken or it isn't conflicting. I kind of wish Heroes did fan submissions for characters. A banner full of character portraits submitted by fans would be really cool and could bring more publicity to smaller artists.

16 minutes ago, KongDude said:

As long as it isn't broken or it isn't conflicting. I kind of wish Heroes did fan submissions for characters. A banner full of character portraits submitted by fans would be really cool and could bring more publicity to smaller artists.

Yeah, that'd be a really neat idea. Maybe they should do like a contest or something where the top 5 pieces of character artwork drawn by the fans would appear in the game as units. It could be an alternate costume contest we can dream can't we? It'd give small artists some nice exposure.

Edited by BlazingMage

2 minutes ago, BlazingMage said:

Yeah, that'd be a really neat idea. Maybe they should do like a contest or something where the top 5 pieces of character artwork drawn by the fans would appear in the game as units. It could be an alternate costume contest or something, we can dream can't we? It'd give small artists some nice exposure.

It would probably take a few months before the submissions appear in game but that would be awesome.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Since we had all Brides, we need a Daddy Banner for Father's Day.

Greil, Pent, Rath, and Canas

Hector and Eliwood should be in that instead, imo. Greil can stay, though. Doesn't need to be alternate outfits, it can be like Golden Week.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Hector and Eliwood should be in that instead, imo. Greil can stay, though. Doesn't need to be alternate outfits, it can be like Golden Week.

They'd be good.  I just generally prefer to get new characters, rather than units we already have as a different version.  And there's not really a father's day costume, unless it's like polo shirts or something.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

They'd be good.  I just generally prefer to get new characters, rather than units we already have as a different version.  And there's not really a father's day costume, unless it's like polo shirts or something.

I know, that's why I said it could be like Golden Week and not have alternate outfits, just give the spotlight to a few FE dads already in the game. We've got Hector, Eliwood, male Robin, Chrom, and pretty much any of the males in Fates that are in the game as choices. :P

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I know, that's why I said it could be like Golden Week and not have alternate outfits, just give the spotlight to a few FE dads already in the game. We've got Hector, Eliwood, male Robin, Chrom, and pretty much any of the males in Fates that are in the game as choices. :P

It would be odd to celebrate the Fates dads, since throwing your babies into the Deep Realm and being largely absent from their lives isn't a great example of fatherhood.

As a parent, the sheer neglect on display there just bothers me.  Oh Kaze, you seem like such a good dad, why did you have to throw our kids into the Baby Realms?  Our castle could have served just as well.

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It would be odd to celebrate the Fates dads, since throwing your babies into the Deep Realm and being largely absent from their lives isn't a great example of fatherhood.

As a parent, the sheer neglect on display there just bothers me.  Oh Kaze, you seem like such a good dad, why did you have to throw our kids into the Baby Realms?  Our castle could have served just as well.

I still wouldn't put it past IS since they were dumb enough to do the Deep Realm BS in the first place. But I agree, that was such poor design.

25 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

And there's not really a father's day costume, unless it's like polo shirts or something.

This would be AMAZING!

I really like the prom idea! Seeing the characters in dresses/tuxes would be really cute! :)

33 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

All their lines are terrible dad jokes.

I like to imagine that if the parents in Fates came to pick up there children after the war, they're either dead or super old.

52 minutes ago, DancingDanny said:

This would be AMAZING!

I really like the prom idea! Seeing the characters in dresses/tuxes would be really cute! :)

Thanks! Would you say that Roy and Lilina would be good together for a prom date? Also forgot to mention that the artist will also be working on Corrin's dragonstone weapon tomorrow as well. Through my first few paychecks I will pay for the rest of the weapons as well as the portraits.  Many art styles will also be mimicked, Corrin will be drawn in Maiponpon's style while Lilina and Roy will be drawn in BUNBUN's artstyle. 

About the Father's day banner, I think characters like Sigurd should be introduced. Even though I haven't played Genealogy yet, I want to see Sigurd in the game. I wouldn't mind seeing Greil at all! He'd be a nice addition.  We also need a bow cavalier so Rath would be perfect. But there is even a bigger crime, how come Leif isn't in the game when Olwen and Reinhardt are? I never played that game either but I know he's a lord and it bothers me that two units came out before him.

I'm sure you'll love every portrait, the artist really does amazing work. 

Edited by BlazingMage

I like the graduation/prom idea, though I would prefer if Camilla were replaced with....literally any other character from the Fire Emblem series, really.

Maybe throw in Nergal as the old, anti-fun teacher that nobody likes!  (I know, I know...too many FE6 and FE7 characters already.  But hey, it's Nergal!)

10 hours ago, JJ48 said:

I like the graduation/prom idea, though I would prefer if Camilla were replaced with....literally any other character from the Fire Emblem series, really.

Maybe throw in Nergal as the old, anti-fun teacher that nobody likes!  (I know, I know...too many FE6 and FE7 characters already.  But hey, it's Nergal!)

Ha Nergal would be cool to see, I could totally picture him as that one teacher that everyone hates. But what would be his weapon? I assume it'd be something like throwing papers at the enemy to represent homework. He'd be a red mage I think the regular version of Nergal would be a green unit we don't have that many greens in Heroes sadly.

Like I said, I'm still going to commission the artist to draw Camilla in a prom dress and I'll have her draw other suggested characters as well to try and please everyone. I think Negeral will most lilkely be GHB though and not a banner summon.

Edited by BlazingMage

On 6/7/2017 at 11:15 PM, Rezzy said:

A moment's writing:

Spoiler

One day a rift to another world opened over the Bottomless Canyon. Suddenly an army of fire dragons spewed forth invaded both Nohr and Hoshido, the children of Fates led the vanguard's charge against these invaders, only to be lost in the waves of draconic foes, their fates unknown to their parents. Then, as the fighting grew increasingly desperate against these endless dragons, Xander and Ryoma each took to the battlefield to stem the tide of defeats. Just when they themselves were being overwhelmed, out of nowhere did Siegbert and Forrest, and Shiro and Kiragi respectively appear. Astonished, these children fought alongside their parents, and managed to repel the dragon attacks. Overjoyed, the parents asked how their children had survived when all hope was lost, and they all replied everyone else had laid down their lives so that they, the essential heirs to Nohr and Hoshido, would survive. As the night went on, the great celebrations thrown in honor of the children's returns died down. At last, Xander and Leo, and Ryoma and Takumi, were all alone with their children, ready to retire for the night. Before they did however, the children missing their fathers so so much, wanted to express how much they loved them once more, and thus they ran up to them and hugged them tightly.

The prick of the daggers was sharp. The poison wrought from dragon herbs crushed with the liver of a revenant dragon would afflict immediate necropsy and keep the blood from clotting. Unbelieving what was happening, the fathers watched as their children moved to silt their throats and slash the vocal cords. With ruthless efficiency, their tasks were completed as they took the Siegfried, the Brynhildr, the Rajinto and the Fujin Yumi from their parents. The children slowly walked away, and spoke "Lord Zephiel understands the severe feeling of neglect that you, our beloved (sarcasm) fathers, afflicted on us. When on the brink of defeat, Zephiel appeared before us and commended our endurance. Giving ourselves as his prisoners, we asked him of what he sought and why, it was so we learned of his own terrible childhood, ruined by a hateful father. We shall cleanse this world of Man as he so seeks. It is for this reason we take our inheritance now- these weapons will do their part to tame Anankos- no mightier a producer of war dragons could be than him. All we await now is the Yato and she who shall serve as the eternal voice to pacify the Silent Dragon- Kana, Shigure, do not fail. Success will allow us to bring to countless worlds across time and space salvation from the wretchedness of Man. Farewell our fathers, may our mothers despair at the sights they shall find."

They then hurried out in the midst of the night, Asugi and Nina had taught them to move with cunning quite well. Soon enough, the rest of the children would have their vengeance as well.

On a less morbid note, although the time for it is months past, a banner of antisocial/socially estranged characters for autism awareness wouldn't be bad (you think Ophelia could possibly work?). 

And how about a few notable national holiday banners? Give the USA a 4th of July banner (Fates Arthur adorned in the US flag?), and Japan can get a Tanabata one. Or maybe do a series of short-lived and successive nationality banners instead, with one character in each decked to represent a particular country. A kind of Olympic opening ceremony thing in banner form.

The Christmas banner will hopefully not consist of just young ladies in sexy Santa costumes. Give me an Athos Claus (or Rudolf/Norma/Gotoh Claus if thou must).