Revelation Promotions?

Toushima

Hey all,  

So I've finally gotten to my Revelation playthrough, and I was wondering what promotions you did for what units. Not necessarily for min/maxing, but rather for general ease of playthrough. Also since I own all 3 paths now, which characters did you promote to the bonus items (Dark Falcon, Dread Fighter and Witch)? I don't own any of the non-free DLC, in case there was more stuff included there. 

1 hour ago, Midnight Torch said:

If Sakura or Nyx is the mother, make Rhajat a Witch. She will destroy everything.

Ack, Hayato is a character I completely sidelined. But Rhajat looks to be one hell of a devastating force. Any other recommendations? 

11 minutes ago, Toushima said:

Ack, Hayato is a character I completely sidelined. But Rhajat looks to be one hell of a devastating force. Any other recommendations? 

To be fair, Hayato has it better in Revelation than some other units *cough Odin cough*. . .

Did you download the free "before awakening" dlc? You get one copy each of the great lord and lodestar class items for the first time you complete it with no NPC casualties. (you also get a mostly useless shuriken every time you defete it)

I actualy really like leo as a dark flyer. It helps patch up his speed, and he is arguably the best galeforce user in the game. Xander makes a good lodestar for a similar reason (he has speed issues and speedtaker fixes that). Do NOT try dark flyer!orochi. It helps her short term, but she still ends up bad latter.

Balistician is actualy pretty good, because it can do things like debuff a group of enemies from a distance using setsuna's yumi, or use a silver yumi without the drawback (because the balista command does not apply debuffs to the player for some reason). Witch is probably better, though. SOme people perfer making azura a witch for a few levels simply because of how broken warp is in her.

As for dreadfighter, there are a lot of good uses for that item. DF!mu and DF!mozu are two i am especialy partial to. Pretty much anyone with relevant weapon ranks works as one.

As for great lord, I had a harder time finding someone who really works in it, because my sword users tend to be male (it is female only, btw).

ONe minor advantage of special classes (including DLC classes, dancer, and that horrible "lancer" class that you can only get on captured enemies) is that you get one extra level up. you level from level 20 to level 21 in the usual way, and get the usual level up (with promotion bonuses usualy being incorporated into class bases to begin with). Standard classses, on the other hand, only give you promotion bonuses, without the standard level up. As such, you should switch to a special class before level 20 if possible.

Edited by sirmola

1 hour ago, sirmola said:

Did you download the free "before awakening" dlc? You get one copy each of the great lord and lodestar class items for the first time you complete it with no NPC casualties. (you also get a mostly useless shuriken every time you defete it)

I actualy really like leo as a dark flyer. It helps patch up his speed, and he is arguably the best galeforce user in the game. Xander makes a good lodestar for a similar reason (he has speed issues and speedtaker fixes that). Do NOT try dark flyer!orochi. It helps her short term, but she still ends up bad latter.

Balistician is actualy pretty good, because it can do things like debuff a group of enemies from a distance using setsuna's yumi, or use a silver yumi without the drawback (because the balista command does not apply debuffs to the player for some reason). Witch is probably better, though. SOme people perfer making azura a witch for a few levels simply because of how broken warp is in her.

As for dreadfighter, there are a lot of good uses for that item. DF!mu and DF!mozu are two i am especialy partial to. Pretty much anyone with relevant weapon ranks works as one.

As for great lord, I had a harder time finding someone who really works in it, because my sword users tend to be male (it is female only, btw).

ONe minor advantage of special classes (including DLC classes, dancer, and that horrible "lancer" class that you can only get on captured enemies) is that you get one extra level up. you level from level 20 to level 21 in the usual way, and get the usual level up (with promotion bonuses usualy being incorporated into class bases to begin with). Standard classses, on the other hand, only give you promotion bonuses, without the standard level up. As such, you should switch to a special class before level 20 if possible.

I fail to see why you feel the need to mention the level 35 skills - unless your name is Felicia, Jakob or Gunter, they come so late you won't get much mileage out of them. There's also the fact that Before Awakening can be a pain thanks to Chrom going Leeroy Jenkins.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

To be fair, Hayato has it better in Revelation than some other units *cough Odin cough*. . .

Ha, Odin, he was benched immediately. God did he waste a spot on my team in the map he was introduced. Guy literally had nothing going on for him there sadly, Niles was so much better.

2 hours ago, sirmola said:

I did get the before awakening DLC, but Chrom keeps going Rambo and getting himself killed so I'll need to level a bit before I re-attempt that. Leo does seem appealing as a Dark Falcon, makes sense given his stats. I hadn't considered changing Xander at all, seeing as he's pretty good as his base class, I'll definitely try it though!

Azura being a witch is something I did in my original Birthright playthrough, but it felt too powerful. So I think I'm going with Rhajat as my Witch this time. 

Wasn't Mozu's supposed path Villager > Archer > Sniper? Perhaps I should re-class her from Archer to Dread Fighter. Makes sense due to her affinity bonus. What about Kana as Great Lord? Seeing as I'm M!Corrin this time around, I should get F!Kana, who could make use of the Great Lord class? I had her as Dread Fighter in Conquest which ended up with better stats than my mu, lol.  

At what level do you advise me to promote Mozu, Kana, Xander and Leo then? would 15 be best? 

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I fail to see why you feel the need to mention the level 35 skills - unless your name is Felicia, Jakob or Gunter, they come so late you won't get much mileage out of them. There's also the fact that Before Awakening can be a pain thanks to Chrom going Leeroy Jenkins.

Chrom in that map really made me question his sense of battle awareness, sheesh what a blockhead. 

10 hours ago, Toushima said:

At what level do you advise me to promote Mozu, Kana, Xander and Leo then? would 15 be best? 

I made Leo a Dark Flyer ASAP as he joined and it was very good. It helped a lot, specially in Revelation's weird maps and it patched his speed, he becomes a fying RES wall that kills magic units even sleeping.

I also made him a Dark Flyer in Hard!Conquest and still good

11 hours ago, Midnight Torch said:

Have Ryoma and Camilla marry and give the resulting Shiro a Killer Lance.

I made Mozu a Great Lord and she was a pretty good unit and could take a few hits.

Mozu a Great Lord, thought hadn't even crossed my mind. What's the stat gain like compared to Dread Knight?

1 hour ago, SniperGYS said:

I made Leo a Dark Flyer ASAP as he joined and it was very good. It helped a lot, specially in Revelation's weird maps and it patched his speed, he becomes a fying RES wall that kills magic units even sleeping.

I also made him a Dark Flyer in Hard!Conquest and still good

ASAP it is, I'll make sure to get him close to my MU so that he can use the convoy and get the item. I did indeed notice that unlike Birthright and Conquest, the Revelation maps do add a lot of weird maps already. Funky ass game haha

My Revelations play route was kind of a screw around. I had characters Friendship or marriage seal into their other counterparts from the other route. Practical? Absolutely not. But it is tons of fun. I had Charlotte  become a blacksmith and Rinkah become a Beserker. Sakura became a strategist while Elise became a Priestess. Arthur became a mechanist and Kagero became a Hero. This was also probably why it took my 6 months to get through my first play through and it wasn't even on the hardest difficulty. If you want to have some fun, try it out. You can't switch people into such goofy classes in the other 2 routes. It is a lot of fun if you want a challenge, but expect many resets as you desperately wonder why your units keep dieing. But to be fair some goofy switches actually benefit a few characters. Rinkah as mentioned above and Xander as a Swordmaster might benefit from a switch.  

Edited by Roy's Our Boy