Let's talk about Newgrounds.

Fryer

For anyone who has not heard of this, Newgrounds is a site where you can share and play with flash games as well as flash movies. I used to frequent the site throughout grade school and play with MegaMan flash creations; it was only recently that I had started visiting it again. Anyone else had experiences with the site?

...ohhhhh...Newgrounds...I remember you...

Surprised to hear its even still up-and-running. Its been many, many years since I've visited Newgrounds.

Pico was silliness. Madness was brutal. And the 18+ section was the first time I ever learned that hentai was a thing. (that was a surreal moment of "...wait...you can do that!?")

Good times.

Edited by Shoblongoo

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

And the 18+ section was the first time I ever learned that hentai was a thing. (that was a surreal moment of "...wait...you can do that!?")

Good times.

Yes.

2 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

And the 18+ section was the first time I ever learned that hentai was a thing. (that was a surreal moment of "...wait...you can do that!?")

Same here, and I've been scarred ever since. I had to argue with my friends every time they came over, because they always just wanted to browse the 18+ section on Newgrounds, and I just wanted to watch stupid cartoons. It was a weird period. I eventually stopped hanging out with those friends.

Anyway... I remember Newgrounds as basically Ebaumsworld 2.0. Ebaumsworld was kind of like the first organized meme site on the internet(As far as I can remember). Then Newgrounds came along, and people like Oney, Stamper, Neil Cicierega, Egoraptor, Mrweebl, and a bunch of other people started making content there in the early-mid 00s before migrating to YouTube, where a lot of them still do shit. And then there were things like the Numa Numa song, and all of this other shit that went viral that originated on Newgrounds.

It's weird to think that I spent so much of my time in middle school on that site. I went back to it like, two years ago to see how it looked, and it looked... exactly the same, and damn it feels like an early-mid 00s website. I don't know how 12-year-old me managed to navigate that site.

Edited by Slumber

I actually went back on Newgrounds a month or two ago to replay one of those "Sonic RPG" flash games. The one that crossed over with Nights or whatever

Kek. Nostalgia's great.

Edited by Pixelman

Newgrounds, now that's a name I haven't heard in years. Probably a decade. Does it even still exist? I can't imagine the site being anything decent, not even now. Maybe I should visit it again, after all it hosted some... interesting... games. 

I used to browse through Newgrounds, but unfortunately I can't remember what I used to watch there. 

I only remember a few flash animations from it that revolved around popular game characters getting themselves killed or actually had a plot revolving around said popular video game characters. 

I stopped using it since I lost my habit of watching flash animations.

I think the first game I played on Newground was the game similar to smash bros. that had a lot of character from other flash game( Like Pico). I remember it being pretty good for a free game. 

Maaaaan, I used to frequent the site in ages long past. I feel old now :/

Played dumb games, watched M rated Mario and FF parodies and felt like a total reject while browsing it LMAO :D

I checked it again some time ago. It is still around. More or less. Seems to be obviously less active and the usual crap flash content everyone was doing is not there much anymore. Still, a lot of super nostalgic animations are around and... what the heck was I watching back then, seriously!