Dragon Ball FighterZ: It's out!

Jedi

1 hour ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Yeah. I think that is correct, he also summons the Ginyu Force (at least Recoome) in his attacks. Not *too* surprised to see Ginyu. I am surprised to see Nappa though... he has Saibamen in his moveset.

DMbpkWvWkAIIS_M.jpg:large

Heres this too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then that just leaves Dr. Gero and the Supersonic Warriors crew is basically complete. Well, I suppose Super Buu was also in that game, but half the time he was used as a substitute for Kid Buu anyway. In any case, let's just hope that this time around Gotenks doesn't automatically die after a certain amount of time.

You know, I never really expected Dr. Gero to make it into this game, I figured he just made it into Supersonic Warriors because of his energy absorption gimmick. But considering the story focuses on the artificial humans, Dr. Gero probably has a pretty good chance to make it in after all.

Edited by BrightBow

Not just Adult Gohan, but his Ultimate/Mystic Gohan version, which is famous for being extremely kick ass for one episode and an utter failure in the next one. Gohan!

The only ones left from my wishlist are Hit and Beerus (Both of which seem likely), Roshi (Less likely) and Arale (Much less likely, but fighting games have been having a guest character craze right now so who knows?).

On 11/16/2017 at 10:46 AM, BrightBow said:

Then that just leaves Dr. Gero and the Supersonic Warriors crew is basically complete. Well, I suppose Super Buu was also in that game, but half the time he was used as a substitute for Kid Buu anyway. In any case, let's just hope that this time around Gotenks doesn't automatically die after a certain amount of time.

You know, I never really expected Dr. Gero to make it into this game, I figured he just made it into Supersonic Warriors because of his energy absorption gimmick. But considering the story focuses on the artificial humans, Dr. Gero probably has a pretty good chance to make it in after all.

Gero might possibly make it in, his energy absorbing would give him a unique gimmick in this too. Plus they could possibly go more indepth with his want of revenge on Goku beyond that of just "as a kid he wrecked our stuff". 

On 11/17/2017 at 6:35 AM, Rapier said:

Not just Adult Gohan, but his Ultimate/Mystic Gohan version, which is famous for being extremely kick ass for one episode and an utter failure in the next one. Gohan!

He's always built up in the games regardless of that particular Toriyama flip-flop. (A trait he's notorious for). Plus Super is giving him a little more credibility again thankfully. His gimmick in this is that his Mystic boost can be used as an install super, which he gets to choose the amount of bars to install into his stats basically and he can seemingly use 1 or all 7 for a massive buff. 

16 minutes ago, OakTree said:

The only ones left from my wishlist are Hit and Beerus (Both of which seem likely), Roshi (Less likely) and Arale (Much less likely, but fighting games have been having a guest character craze right now so who knows?).

Hit and Beerus are probably gonna be in the base game and even if they aren't they'd easily be DLC. 

My team is looking to be Tenshinhan, Yamcha and Adult Gohan rn haha.

I love how Gotenks looks, seems like they kept his huge ego intact in his moveset. 

Also his spinning move reminds me of Chipp's jumping slash in Guilty Gear

10 hours ago, LordOTaco said:

Ahhhh Mystic Gohan the Gohan we all wanted but books and Chi Chi ruined.

I mean Gohans motivation had always been wanting to study so all you can blame is your unrealistic expectations and Toriyama.

On 11/28/2017 at 5:42 PM, Jedi said:

I mean Gohans motivation had always been wanting to study so all you can blame is your unrealistic expectations and Toriyama.

I was kinda half joking I do think it was kinda odd to have all of the build up in the Cell saga to make him stronger than Goku and be the next in line so to speak after he died against Cell.  I do kinda think he couldn't quite figure out what he wanted to do with Gohan.  On one hand he was built up so well against Cell stopped training and got weaker then gets a massive buff to be as strong as if not stronger than SSJ3 Goku to get beat the episode after.  But I'm getting a little off topic lol.

On 12/3/2017 at 1:02 PM, LordOTaco said:

I was kinda half joking I do think it was kinda odd to have all of the build up in the Cell saga to make him stronger than Goku and be the next in line so to speak after he died against Cell.  I do kinda think he couldn't quite figure out what he wanted to do with Gohan.  On one hand he was built up so well against Cell stopped training and got weaker then gets a massive buff to be as strong as if not stronger than SSJ3 Goku to get beat the episode after.  But I'm getting a little off topic lol.

Its fine, haha. I agree the move was weird and you can see that Gohan was intended to be the protagonist for a bit, but hey I guess Toriyama decided to go back to Goku, (the whole the fans demanded it thing has actually been proven wrong). 

6 hours ago, Jedi said:

Its fine, haha. I agree the move was weird and you can see that Gohan was intended to be the protagonist for a bit, but hey I guess Toriyama decided to go back to Goku, (the whole the fans demanded it thing has actually been proven wrong). 

Source?

I've always wanted to know the actual reason why Goku became the protagonist again. Everything felt perfect for Gohan to defeat Buu and we left disappointed.

Anyways on topic, I hate how short these character trailers are. I want to see more. As usual the character models and move set look good.

12 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Source?

I've always wanted to know the actual reason why Goku became the protagonist again. Everything felt perfect for Gohan to defeat Buu and we left disappointed.

Anyways on topic, I hate how short these character trailers are. I want to see more. As usual the character models and move set look good.

I'll grab the source when I get home.

8 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Source?

Here's an interview that mentions it: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/daizenshuu-2-akira-toriyama-super-interview/

Also, after the Androids Saga, Gohan even won the character popularity poll, so to say fans didn't like him is just untrue.

EWpl3di.thumb.png.23ee0c3f00a6186c04e6f7c061786c3c.png

25 minutes ago, OakTree said:

Here's an interview that mentions it: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/daizenshuu-2-akira-toriyama-super-interview/

Also, after the Androids Saga, Gohan even won the character popularity poll, so to say fans didn't like him is just untrue.

EWpl3di.thumb.png.23ee0c3f00a6186c04e6f7c061786c3c.png

Thank you for posting it. I blanked haha.

28 minutes ago, OakTree said:

Higher resolution of the Arcade Mode magazine scans, seems like Hit, Black (Rosé form) and Beerus are in.

DQh2GSgWAAIVGWm.jpg:large

So this is what Rhymestyle was talking about on twitter, ok. I'm not surprised with these 3, they've made a huge splash in the fandom since their introductions.

On 06/12/2017 at 1:46 AM, Ronnie said:

Source?

Gohan isn't like his father. He isn't as passionate about fighting as Goku, and he'd rather have a peaceful life as a scholar than dedicate to training. The only times when Gohan did dedicate himself for fighting was when the Earth was in danger and his help was crucial, or when he was the only guy available for the task, but if given the opportunity, he chooses carrying a normal life over following his father's footsteps.

Trunks was similar in GT (but, yeah, it's not canon anymore) and I don't really remember if it is noticeable in Buu saga's epilogue (it is for Goten, sadly), but having a different upbringing and not living under constant life threats (as Future Gohan and Trunks had lived) made the characters opt for more normal lifestyles, whereas only the mainstream Saiyans + martial artists (Goku, Vegeta, Tien and Piccolo iirc) kept their original training lifestyle.

That's why I think Toriyama said it felt Gohan was not suited for the leading role part, or for taking his father's role. Gohan is just too different from Goku.

Also, what the hell, Mr. Satan was considered more popular than Cell?

20 hours ago, Rapier said:

Also, what the hell, Mr. Satan was considered more popular than Cell?

He's very popular in general in both sides of the fandom, probably part of why he had such a big role in the Buu arc. The Androids & Cell are much more liked in the West.

Edited by Jedi

12 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Game's not complete until Ribrianne gets announced. 

Hope you're ready for disappointment in that area :p only DLC of Super I see happening is Jiren and the Saiyan girls.

the other 6 (or 5 if they decide not to use the girls fusion) will probably include Bardock, Broly, another popular DBZ movie villain such as Janemba, Cooler or Bojack. They also may decide to give us Hercule or Roshi. (Hercule/Mr. Satan might be base game as our Dan).