Dragon Ball FighterZ: It's out!

Jedi

So, people who are more familiar with Arc games than me, what are the chances of alternate costumes? We obviously saw the color swaps from the E3 gameplay, but the Future Trunks announcement made me realize that I'd very much like the option of playing Trunks with his DBS design.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, SecondWorld said:

So, people who are more familiar with Arc games than me, what are the chances of alternate costumes? We obviously saw the color swaps from the E3 gameplay, but the Future Trunks announcement made me realize that I'd very much like the option of playing Trunks with his DBS design.

With how they have to work with the models for every single frame, not really likely

I think the only instance of that is Elphet because she got a design change in GGXrd Revelator but you could still use her -Sign- design

So we already got intel on a new character but still no date for the console demo? The wait is killing me.

@SecondWorld, alternative costume are pretty rare in ArcSys game. As Tonton said, Elphet from Guilty Gear and Noel Vermillion from Blazblue are the only characters I remember having an alternate outift. But who knows, that may change.

Edited by Ycine
I fail at using the @, now it's fixed.

7 hours ago, LordOTaco said:

My main has been decided!  Glad to see Future Trunks got in though I was pretty sure he would.

You need 3 mains in this though!

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

You need 3 mains in this though!

Future Trunks for now, then kid Trunks and Super future Trunks when they get announced later.

There.

Edited by Slumber

2 hours ago, Slumber said:

Future Trunks for now, then kid Trunks and Super future Trunks when they get announced later.

There.

Lmao. 

I do hope we don't have any 3 versions of a character, even 2 would be pushing it in a likely small roster.

My big hope is that they include some of the deep cuts from the movies, like Cooler, Bojack, Janenba, Super Android 13, that giant cyborg brain from the second movie (Can't remember its name), or even Slug. Most of those villains would add some interesting variety to a cast that in past games has been a super saiyan fest. I saw that Freeza has a transformation super into his gold form, so we'll probably see more from the new show (Beerus would be pretty sweet, at least).

1 hour ago, Omegaprism said:

My big hope is that they include some of the deep cuts from the movies, like Cooler, Bojack, Janenba, Super Android 13, that giant cyborg brain from the second movie (Can't remember its name), or even Slug. Most of those villains would add some interesting variety to a cast that in past games has been a super saiyan fest. I saw that Freeza has a transformation super into his gold form, so we'll probably see more from the new show (Beerus would be pretty sweet, at least).

I think we'll get Broly, Bardock & Cooler from the movies at the very least. 

I don't see us getting too many super saiyans besides Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, Gotenks & Gohan. 

Also in terms of Super I see us potentially getting Beerus, Hit & Zamasu.

Edited by Jedi

3 hours ago, Jedi said:

I think we'll get Broly, Bardock & Cooler from the movies at the very least. 

I don't see us getting too many super saiyans besides Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, Gotenks & Gohan. 

Also in terms of Super I see us potentially getting Beerus, Hit & Zamasu.

I'll drink a 2-liter of coke and belch the star-spangled banner if they put Vegetto in too. Such a nice combination of Goku and Vegeta's designs.

Honestly, I would play a DBZ game where all of the playable characters were fusions of other DBZ characters, just for the laughs. Let's go Tiencha and Chibulma!

9 hours ago, Omegaprism said:

I'll drink a 2-liter of coke and belch the star-spangled banner if they put Vegetto in too. Such a nice combination of Goku and Vegeta's designs.

Honestly, I would play a DBZ game where all of the playable characters were fusions of other DBZ characters, just for the laughs. Let's go Tiencha and Chibulma!

You could play the 3DS RPG Dragon Ball Fusions, its based entirely around that concept lol. 

3 hours ago, LordOTaco said:

Yes this will be a think lol!

I don't know if we'll get 3 Trunks, I dno what kind of roster size people are expecting... 

Also we got a new image 

dHd7oJL.jpg

4 minutes ago, Jedi said:

You could play the 3DS RPG Dragon Ball Fusions, its based entirely around that concept lol. 

I don't know if we'll get 3 Trunks, I dno what kind of roster size people are expecting... 

Also we got a new image 

dHd7oJL.jpg

I was mostly joking I don't expect a super huge roster we'll likely get future trunks just in different outfits but as one character and then maybe kid trunks as a separate character but I honestly won't be suprised if him and goten don't make it.

3 minutes ago, LordOTaco said:

I was mostly joking I don't expect a super huge roster we'll likely get future trunks just in different outfits but as one character and then maybe kid trunks as a separate character but I honestly won't be suprised if him and goten don't make it.

Arcsys doesn't do alternate costumes, the spriting they do costs alot of money to the point where pallets are usually the only thing.

Hmm, the original Xrd had around 14 characters give or take, right? I would imagine that this game would end up with a cast of a similar size. We've got 7 characters confirmed already. And Piccolo, Krillin and #18 never seem to miss in these kind of games. And these days Beerus is probably obligatory. That's 11.

I suppose other good contenders would be the omnipresent Broly and Bardock. Ginyu usually manages to snatch a spot. And of course Hit and Goku Black are currently pretty hot.

Edited by BrightBow

24 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Hmm, the original Xrd had around 14 characters give or take, right? I would imagine that this game would end up with a cast of a similar size. We've got 7 characters confirmed already. And Piccolo, Krillin and #18 never seem to miss in these kind of games. And these days Beerus is probably obligatory. That's 11.

I suppose other hot contenders would be Bardock, Broly, Ginyu, Hit and Goku Black.

I think -Sign- had 15 characters at launch

I'm expecting more from this but not by much, maybe something like 20 characters

all those except maybe Ginyu seem very likely imo

hopefully we get the full universe 7 team

57 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I suppose other good contenders would be the omnipresent Broly and Bardock. Ginyu usually manages to snatch a spot. And of course Hit and Goku Black are currently pretty hot.

I'm thinking we'll get around 20-25 considering they probably know a low 15 cast of characters would piss alot of DB fans off (regardless of the effort put in). Considering most of us are spoiled with the fact that stuff like Tenkaichi 3 has like 100+ characters, in a game which does have some uniqueness but not much depth, its just the fanbase as a whole is VERY spoiled with games.

It's definitely a surprise to see it coming to Evo when its not out yet. I really do wonder how it got in lol

I personally think the developers want to advertise the game some more BUT it can also be some kind of a trial//test.

I would like to give credit to @Jedi for expanding my little theory Xp

18 minutes ago, Right_Here said:

It's definitely a surprise to see it coming to Evo when its not out yet. I really do wonder how it got in lol

I personally think the developers want to advertise the game some more BUT it can also be some kind of a trial//test.

I would like to give credit to @Jedi for expanding my little theory Xp

I do think its a Beta Test of sort, I also think its the prime time to show off some of the cast, theres also some big Anime expos which might do some as well.

Evo is like a huge Display Window for the Fighting Game genre.

Rumors said that we will even have some footage of the new Fighter EX and the "Versus build" of MvCI with all the characters playable. 

So yeah, EVO works really well for advertisement and building up hype.

The sign ups lasted barely 20 minutes too lmao.

Also confirmed to include Trunks and maybe more 

Edited by Jedi

Just now, Right_Here said:

There's SO MANY REFERENCES just from one character! 

Bless you Arcsys you really do do your homework. I figured a number of these out myself, but was waiting for some clarification and here it is. 

@The DanMan might get a kick out of this too

25 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Bless you Arcsys you really do do your homework. I figured a number of these out myself, but was waiting for some clarification and here it is. 

@The DanMan might get a kick out of this too

It's always cool to see references like these, though I'm faaar from the biggest DBZ fan (only seen the Kai Saiyan Arc and Battle of Gods/Ressurection F-- most of my other knowledge comes from wikis, friends, and Chris Niosi's discussion vlogs). Definitely wouldn't have made any real connections other than "Yep, definitely looks like authentic Dragon Ball".