Dragon Ball FighterZ: It's out!

Jedi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://pvplive.net/c/dragon-ball-fighterz-may-include-android-17

Interesting, the tl;dr is that Android 17's English voice actor messed up and mentioned that he did his lines for the game in an interview. Probably not a surprise to anyone really, and also means 18 is almost certain too. No actual gameplay of him obviously but good to know

Just now, Reinfleche said:

https://pvplive.net/c/dragon-ball-fighterz-may-include-android-17

Interesting, the tl;dr is that Android 17's English voice actor messed up and mentioned that he did his lines for the game in an interview. Probably not a surprise to anyone really, and also means 18 is almost certain too. No actual gameplay of him obviously but good to know

What a goofy way to get a reveal, good to hear though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2017 at 1:23 AM, Jedi said:

What a goofy way to get a reveal, good to hear though.

It's not as bad as Jesse McCartney releasing a video of him dubbing grunts before KH 1.5 was even announced. 

Anyways: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/16/dragon-ball-fighterz-features-super-saiyan-blue-goku-vegeta-new-story-mode/
What If story mod, SSB Goku and Vegeta, Androids 16-18 confirmed.

6 hours ago, The DanMan said:

It's not as bad as Jesse McCartney releasing a video of him dubbing grunts before KH 1.5 was even announced. 

Anyways: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/16/dragon-ball-fighterz-features-super-saiyan-blue-goku-vegeta-new-story-mode/
What If story mod, SSB Goku and Vegeta, Androids 16-18 confirmed.

A few panels here 

People in Ravens & my Falcom discord already know how much I hate that Goku & Vegeta get two slots each in an actual competitive fighter. Like I knew it was coming, but it doesn't make me any more excited for this game, in fact it potentially decreases my hype for the roster as a whole.

Bring on all the alternate Gohans and Buus now ;/

Edited by Jedi

I assumed and am fine with alternate versions of Gohan and Buu, since it's pretty easy for them to have very different playstyles, but I'm curious to see what will differentiate these versions of Goku and Vegeta in gameplay.

I'm glad all three of the Android trio made it in. EDIT: Or maybe not? Meh

Edited by SecondWorld

I wonder if this is a sign that 17 is not actually playable. Given all the focus 17 has gotten in the past weeks in Super, this would have been a good time to announce him. And they obviously have a model that they can show.

Either way, nice to see 16 here. I expected that we would pretty much end up with the rooster of Supersonic Warriors since that was also also made by Arc System. (Well, those and any characters that Toei or Bandai might want to push.) So this actually got me exited to see who else will make the cut.

Edited by BrightBow

While I am a bit salty about the Blues, I wouldn't actually mind seeing Ultimate/Mystic Gohan and a few others just because different fighting styles. 

Also the cinematic story sounds cool.

Idk how I feel about 2 versions of the same character. It always drove me nuts in the Tenkaichi series having Saiyan Saga Goku, Frieza Saga Goku, Buu Saga Goku, and SS4 Goku. Like freaking chill out...

If they keep it at 2, fine. But no more than that.

14 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Idk how I feel about 2 versions of the same character. It always drove me nuts in the Tenkaichi series having Saiyan Saga Goku, Frieza Saga Goku, Buu Saga Goku, and SS4 Goku. Like freaking chill out...

You forgot Kid Goku and GT Goku. :P:

And maybe Great Ape Kid Goku if that counts.

Edited by BrightBow

Honestly as long as these two just get this alt, it's totally fine. These guys are extremely popular so I totally understand that there's more than one version of each, though revealing them this early in the roster is super lame.

And it's about time that they add the most muscular man of Dragon Ball, #16 himself. Now that him and Piccolo are in, I only need one more of my favorites in before I have a set in stone team.

6 player mode bois 

1 hour ago, Batter the Beast said:

Honestly as long as these two just get this alt, it's totally fine. These guys are extremely popular so I totally understand that there's more than one version of each, though revealing them this early in the roster is super lame.

And it's about time that they add the most muscular man of Dragon Ball, #16 himself. Now that him and Piccolo are in, I only need one more of my favorites in before I have a set in stone team.

Whos that? For your 3rd.

8 hours ago, BrightBow said:

You forgot Kid Goku and GT Goku. :P:

And maybe Great Ape Kid Goku if that counts.

I can accept Kid Goku since he is from a vastly different time period...... And GT Goku is weird. Cause I think he was a kid/adult hybrid thingy....

But you are right though. It is more Gokus to add to the Goku pile

12 hours ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

I can accept Kid Goku since he is from a vastly different time period...... And GT Goku is weird. Cause I think he was a kid/adult hybrid thingy....

But you are right though. It is more Gokus to add to the Goku pile

I'm almost hoping they pull a Super Dragon Ball Z and have Chi Chi come in and use the Bansho Fan, Power Pole and nimbus

23 hours ago, LordOTaco said:

Hey as long as she doesn't pull a Gohan nerf I'm cool with it lol.

Heres an example of how she fought in Super Dragon Ball Z haha 

and of course Videl 

Edited by Jedi

Hello everyone. New trailer: 

We got some story, gameplays of Piccolo, Krillin, C18 and C16. 

Also,the BETA sign up for September is TODAY. If you're on console (no Beta on PC) go and register!

At 1:38 they are showing 18 with her Dragon Ball Super outfit. Makes me wonder if alternate costumes might actually be a thing. Seems weird to me that they would go out of their way to portray her accurately in cutscenes, just to have her magically switch to her old Cell Saga jacket during battles.

Edited by BrightBow

These just dropped. 

On 8/22/2017 at 5:20 PM, BrightBow said:

At 1:38 they are showing 18 with her Dragon Ball Super outfit. Makes me wonder if alternate costumes might actually be a thing. Seems weird to me that they would go out of their way to portray her accurately in cutscenes, just to have her magically switch to her old Cell Saga jacket during battles.

We'll have to wait and see haha, not suuuuure.

3 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Heh. And people claimed they weren't going to dive into Super.

I think this means Hit & a few others are fairly likely. The head dev herself mentioned liking Caulifia

Not to mention said Saiyan girl has grown a fandom fairly quickly 

3840488cd438e3855eaaea6f6b238c24.png