Battle Animation Error Incomplete animation Help please

SakuraBlossom1

I'm trying to make a battle animation of a sprite I made for the tactician. I have the sprite sheet already made and now I'm in the process of putting it in the game to animate it. My issue is the FeAdv wont let me. I've been reading the Ultimate Tutorial by blazer which tells me I need 16 colors or less and a script with commands. In the tutorial Blazer kindly gave all the commands for you to copy and paste between the dash lines which I did. Blazer said to test out the standing frame first so put that in the game before you make any others. This is what I have been trying to do. I went over that Pdf constantly over 5 times trying to figure what I'm doing wrong and I'm at a complete loss here. Now on to my problem when I'm in the animation creator on FeAdv I load the script then press save to file. I get an error and I try again and again. Then I try something else I insert my standing frame and woo I finally get some progress guessing I was suppose to do that anyway right? >.< Then I load the script and click save to file and then I get Error incomplete animation! I tried it over and over going over my work seeing if I did anything wrong. I went through the check list blazer put and everything is correct as far as I can see. So can someone please help me out here? I'm really new at this to so forgive me for being a noob.

UPDATE: Down in the replies I have added the script and screenshots so if anybody has the time I would really appreciate the help thank you in advance.

Edited by SakuraBlossom1

without seeing the error, your script or the frames, my gut tells me that blazer forgot to mention that every frame needs to use the same 16 colors, not just "16 colors per frame"

Nope he said that every frame has to be the exact same 16 colors. I'm only using one frame to so that wouldn't be the problem either. I trying to test one single standing frame like blazer suggests in the tutorial. I will take screen shots of the error so you will be able to see.

No prob already got it right here and ready for you.

/// - Mode 1 C03 -  C07 - 3  p- standing.png /// - Attack Frames C04 C1A C1F /// - Frames after hitting but before stopping to wait for HP depletion C01 /// - RETURN TO BASE 3  p- standing.png C06 C0D ~~~ -  /// - Mode 3 C03 -  C07 - 3  p- standing.png /// - Critical Frames 
C04 C08 C1F /// - Frames after hitting but before stopping to wait for HP depletion C01 /// - RETURN TO BASE 3  p- standing.png C06 C0D ~~~ - Mode 5 C03 -  C07 - 5  p- standing.PNG C05 4  p- standing.PNG C01 4  p- standing.PNG C06 3  p- standing.png  C0D ~~~ - Mode 6 C03 -  C07 - 5  p- standing.PNG 
C05 4  p- standing.PNG C01 4  p- standing.PNG C06 3  p- standing.png  C0D ~~~ - Mode 7 C02 2  p- standing.PNG C0E 3  p- standing.PNG C01 2  p- standing.PNG C06 2  p- standing.png C0D ~~~ - Mode 8 C02 2  p- standing.PNG C0E 3  p- standing.PNG C01 2  p- standing.PNG 
C06 2  p- standing.png C0D ~~~ - Mode 9 3 p- standing.png C01 -  ~~~ - Mode 10 3 p- standing.png C01 -  ~~~ - Mode 11 3 p- standing.png C01 -  ~~~ - Mode 12 C03 -  C07 - 3  p- standing.png /// - Attack-That-Will-Miss Frames C04 C1F /// - Frames after hitting but before stopping to wait for HP depletion C01 /// - RETURN TO BASE 3  p- standing.png C06 
C0D ~~~ - End Animation Data 

Now in the tutorial Blazer did say copy and paste everything between the dash lines which I'm assuming he meant these -------. After this problem kept coming up I started deleting more like these ///// and the ~~~ but that just brought up a whole new error it would say it was an invalid script. I tried only having the code in there to like just C0D and so forth but that wouldn't work either. I tried deleting the explanations only to but that didn't work. I tried deleting standing.png to thinking maybe that was the problem. That was not the problem it only created a new problems so I just left it like I pasted here and it doesn't say invalid script or whatever. I also made sure it was a text file and the picture was a png. I tried and read everything but yet I still can't get this thing to work. If I made a serious dumbo noob move forgive me I've honestly never hacked anything in my life until this game XD. Here are the screen shots of the error it's showing me. I included the one where I insert the script only and then try to save to file and the one where I insert the script and the one frame as well. I get the same exact error for both. P.S I also included the frame I'm trying to put in the game.

ScreenShot_6.jpg

ScreenShot_4.jpg

ScreenShot_5.jpg

standing.PNG

Edited by SakuraBlossom1

I'm really at a lost here I have no idea why this is not working. I've read that tutorial to death and I'm suppose to be doing everything correctly but it's still giving me this error.I made more frames to see if that was the problem but I got the same error. I even thought I was being a dummy and didn't think I knew what dash lines were lol, so I looked it up on google. According to the tutorial I copied the script correctly and left out the dash lines which are these of course ----. Now does anybody know what I'm doing wrong here?

• 3 weeks later...

Is anyone still alive? If anyone reads this forum and knows how to help me please reply and if it's to old by then seems like it's heading to be that way :( then you can message me if I've been away for awhile and haven't been on. Been really busy with life so I might not be on as much. Anyway please do give advice if you have any thank you so much in advance.

There's a bunch of unnecessary dashes in your script. CXX commands don't need dashes after them.
You're also leaving personal comments in your script without actually making them comments. Example:

~~~ - Mode 9
3 p- standing.png
C01 -  
~~~ - Mode 10
3 p- standing.png
C01 -  
~~~ - Mode 11
3 p- standing.png
C01 -  
~~~ - Mode 12

Needs to be:

~~~ /// Mode 9
3 p- standing.png
C01 
~~~ /// Mode 10
3 p- standing.png
C01 
~~~ /// Mode 11
3 p- standing.png
C01  
~~~ /// Mode 12

"///" means it's a comment and FEditor won't try to interpret the text after it as a command/code. You lack comments, so FEditor is probably getting confused. Removing the extra dashes or commenting them out will help too.

• 3 months later...
On 7/12/2017 at 3:04 AM, Primefusion said:

There's a bunch of unnecessary dashes in your script. CXX commands don't need dashes after them.
You're also leaving personal comments in your script without actually making them comments. Example:

~~~ - Mode 9
3 p- standing.png
C01 -  
~~~ - Mode 10
3 p- standing.png
C01 -  
~~~ - Mode 11
3 p- standing.png
C01 -  
~~~ - Mode 12

Needs to be:

~~~ /// Mode 9
3 p- standing.png
C01 
~~~ /// Mode 10
3 p- standing.png
C01 
~~~ /// Mode 11
3 p- standing.png
C01  
~~~ /// Mode 12

"///" means it's a comment and FEditor won't try to interpret the text after it as a command/code. You lack comments, so FEditor is probably getting confused. Removing the extra dashes or commenting them out will help too.

Thank you so much for answering my post I've been waiting forever to get some help.

Edited by SakuraBlossom1