Tempest Trials MVPs Thread

dragonlordsd

I am not good enough to win with only one team; the best I've done is using two teams to clear Lunatic. I always bring Palla, Tharja, Julia, and Linde to the final map and they're so useful. Palla would be my MVP though because she can tank a hit from Veronica and ORKO her back with Moonbow :)

Thanks, Palla!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Symphonica said:

You never know, you may pull another Olwen at some point, it's best to stay optimistic! You could potentially run Life and Death 3 instead of Fury 3 but I prefer Fury 3 as it's obtainable at 4* while LaD is still 5* only. Plus I like the extra bulk Fury gives and it means I don't have to waste a turn using Ardent Sacrifice or let Olwen get hit to reach Desperation range. Speaking of Fury, I still need to pull more Hinatas but ever since I pulled him once in the first week of the game, he hasn't come back. I also need Klein to teach Reinhardt Death Blow, but I've never pulled him. I could potentially sack my Cherche with Death Blow who I don't really use anymore, but I've put a lot of resources into building her so I won't.

Really hoping they make the full L&D chain available at 4* eventually because I'm really hesitant to spend  that many feathers for one skill. I'm also out of fury fodder and have stopped pulling to hoard orbs so this is probably going to be a backburner project. I've pulled exactly one Klein since launch but I don't want to sack him immediately. Instead they've both been running Atk+2 from the many 3*Cherche that I've pulled. At least this event will give her a nice sum of sp to work with and I know it will pay off.

Kind of hard to say. Robin pulls his wait usually. He can wall out just about any sword unit and handles colorless well. Lisa's keeps them alive and provides a target for Veronica as does Robin. Lucina can kill Veronica if Aether activates, and if not, then Nino can finish her. Nino is great against blue mages, but an occasional Reignheirt can beat her, and she is not too great up close. Campus does well as well...

Cecilia for sure.  Being able to tank blues and colorless for little to no damage, while also putting a dent in Veronica due to G Tomebreaker makes her huge to my Horse Emblem team.  It's to the point that I'd rather lose Reinhardt during a run than her.  My second place MVP would be Tarja. She was initially there as a bonus unit, but her Ardent Sacrifice helps keep Xander topped up for QR2, and this means she spends the second half of every run with essentially a brave tome, since Desperation is always active.

4 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

I am not good enough to win with only one team; the best I've done is using two teams to clear Lunatic. I always bring Palla, Tharja, Julia, and Linde to the final map and they're so useful. Palla would be my MVP though because she can tank a hit from Veronica and ORKO her back with Moonbow :)

Thanks, Palla!

RIP Catria

Honestly my entire A team are MVPs. Lucina, Julia and Reinhardt are all important, and even though Azura rarely enters combat, she's obviously crucial to the composition. They're so solid that even if I lose two members, this team can make it to the final map. I just have to surrender and let the B team (Celica, Kagerou/Hector, Bridal Lyn, Olivia) take over.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

RIP Catria

She's only useful as part of the B team to help the A team get to the final map unscathed. I just surrender with her team and then use my Palla team to beat Veronica

Wings of Mercy to warp near mages helps a lot too ;)

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

She's only useful as part of the B team to help the A team get to the final map unscathed. I just surrender with her team and then use my Palla team to beat Veronica

Wings of Mercy to warp near mages helps a lot too ;)

tfw Catria is Palla's meatshield

My Horse Emblem Team of Xander, Ursula, Titania, and Elise can beat pretty much anything, but sadly, no bonus units, so I have to use another team to start.

For my current team, it's Nino, she kills 80% of everybody.  Robin kills about 15%, and Azura and Eirika barely kill anything.

The MVP of my team is my nuke mage Lilina, as she does most of the killing.  She also hits Veronica hard while taking little damage in return.

Lilina.thumb.png.2a2f4ba327577c000413e9258052fa5a.png

Spoiler

Nukie.thumb.png.9f4f4726134107ab3f15f3d0790b18d4.png

Though, a blade mage still needs the support of her teammates to plow through things.

Sanaki. Actually I did't like her because of PoR and RD, and didn't sacrifice her only because she is my only 5 star red mage. But she is amazing in the tempest trails! She (is the only one that) can take a hit from Veronica and then hit back.

However, her low speed sucks so I put her in Team #2.

My A team are the MVPs.

Raudhrraven Sanaki destroys Greens and Grey alike (Veronica needs Bonfire to do any damage to her and she can 1HKO her if Glacies is up)

Lukas is a monstrous wall that destroys any physical blue and red units

Julia deals with blue mages and acts as the team healer thanks to Breath of Life and her own Renewal keeps her healthy.

And Lucina acts as buff to help secure some KO, has reposition to help the other move around and is the one that cleans up anything the other three can't handle. Her self-sustain through Falchion's Renewal is also appreciated. 

The B team of Ryoma/Azura/Nino/Linde is also appreciated since in the case where my first team is too weakened to handle the last map, they'll usually destroy it. 

I built a unit specifically for Temp Trials.

Cain. My +Spd -Res Cain. I gave him TA3, Rally Speed, Seal Def 2, and Draconic Aura, and slapped Speed +1 seal on for good measure. Surprisingly, he can clear out quite a few greens and even a few reds. He can't one round Veronica, but it's nothing Nino can't explodinate afterwards with minimal risk to me. Maybe he could one round her, and many others, if he had Seal Speed instead...?

Priscilla has been amazing as well. Hone Attack 3 and Fortify Res 1 seal have saved my team a number of times. Nowi always helps out with getting rid of those annoying reds, and Nino is... well, shes Desperation Nino. What do you expect?

My small Horse Emblem + Olivia. Camus, Ursula and Frederick have been of great help here. If the maps are not full of greens, they can win like 3 or 4 battles with no healing... Right now, no one of them have inheritance, and Ursula,Frederick and Olivia are only 4*... I'm very surprised of them.

And of course, a special mention for the entire final team. Nino in the final map is lot of help, since most of the time, is full of blues + Veronica. Xander comes next, since he does good damage to Veronica and Nino (or Takumi if he is around) finish her. Then Oboro for the armor/cavalier if one of them is an axe guy, then she support Xander (the irony right?) or do good damage in a suicide way lol.

I usually run two teams, a cavalry team to clear 1-6 and Marth/Lilina/Hector/Elise for the final level. Hector can tank and kill most ranged and blues (Reinhardt most importantly) which will pave the way for Lilina and Marth to kill Veronica. I wish my Lilina were +Spd. She requires Marth's Spur Speed to not get doubled and killed by Veronica. Maybe when I get my Nino trained up, I'll be able use her to kill Veronica and Reinhardt.

On 6/10/2017 at 6:22 PM, Silith13 said:

Just watched a youtuber play with a horse emblem team and he was just disregarding the weapon triangle and just mashed his face on his keyboard through the fights. It's so disheartening to see that shit.

That's what I'm doing right now... Its stupid funny to watch BlarBlade Ursula rip green faces clean off.  Or Xander Quick Riposte bonfire blues... so tasty. 

Wrong Book MB!

Edited by Katrisa

31 minutes ago, Katrisa said:

That's what I'm doing right now... Its stupid funny to watch GronBlade Ursula rip green faces clean off.  Or Xander Quick Riposte bonfire blues... so tasty.

Must be fun having an Ursula that can somehow use a Gronnblade! :P

Do you mean the blue one? Or do you mean Cecilia?

Also I started inheriting skills to assist with healing, so Dr. Lucina has Ardent Sacrifice and Aether to keep teammates healthy. She also has Desperation, so low health works well for her.

In my other account, I've also created a 'Merric the Cleric' build, with Renewal and Ardent Sacrifice. Also gave him Darting Blow 2 from Florina (leftover form her assist skill), which patches up his -Spd, and helps deal with the pegasus knights who are usually faster than him anyway.

Cecilia: For one shoting Blue Units and Veronic with her Gronnblade+ and Green Tome Breaker!
Xander: For killing all the Green units and most Red units, and for carrying himself through 3 maps without a healer and just heavy blade and aether! Also for one rounding Veronica with Aether and QR <3
Priscilla: for killing some pesky units that refuse to die with her wrathfull staff skill and for all the healing she has done
Camus: For devestating the field when there are alot of mages with his Heavy Blade Galeforce combo
Ursula: For devestating all the red units and horse units with her special blue tome (swaped her in for camus to get her FP and built her)

Shout outs to my Backup Team:
Leo: for baiting Veronica into oblivion with QR
Reinhardt: for takeing over when Ursula and Cecilia failed to whatever reason
Eldigan: For when Siegfried just wasnt enough :/

Shout outs to my Hoshido Team:
Kagero: for when all the strings go poop!
Azura: for all your hard Dances
Ryoma: <3
Azama: For the healing and pathblocking with your High def and Fortress defense in combination <3

Also my Gratitude to my Tankers:
Zephiel, Hector, Effie and Lucius when shit has hit the fan lol and you are the last hope!

Also: Tharja! Your level 1 fodder for boosting my points <3

Main team has a synergy, you need every single one and they pull their weight up until Veronica where the backup teams finish her off. I don't have nuclear firepower like a lot of other players so I have to be smart about how I play, it can be a struggle but things generally work out.

Lukas: Melts all red and blue physical. With dance shenanigans he can snuff out red mages occasionally too.

Soren: MVP: Destroys anything Lukas can't and occasionally melts Red Mages with Growing Wind if it's up.

Olivia: Dancebot, if the above two can't finish something, she helps out and also supports the below with his job.

Wrys: The above 3 take consistent punishment and he does his job well of keeping everyone healthy as only Soren can occasionally OHKO.

If Soren had Gronnblade+ he would basically be Nino and this would make things a lot easier. Shout outs to others as well.

Tharja: At *4 and Without Desperation it's rough for her, on top of that she's -ATK which hurts, but she's +SPD and she carries her weight well enough with buffs, she's even played a few roles in killing Veronica and has done so herself a couple of times.

B!Cordelia: She's powerful, but incomplete. She acts as Tharja's buffbot and does a decent job of it. She's saved my bacon a couple of times.

Y!Tiki/Xander: Crucial in killing Veronica. They're almost always part of the B or C team when it's time to finish the job.

Ursula: Only 5 stars but she does a great job of melting the cavalry on the right side of the final map. Pretty much her only use really.

Sakura: Another *4 Wrys came along and she inherited his skill set. She's a lower level than the rest but she's proven quite valuable.

My MPV is definitely Reinhardt, because that 3 mov! Tried to replace him by Linde because his HM is already maxed out, but after seeing how it took her to cross the map I decided HM didn't really matter.

Main team

Azura: Sings mostly to keep units out of danger or to finish off enemies. Also fairly decent against reds with Sapphire Lance.

Sakura: With +Def and Def +3 can take a few weak hits. Main use is healing with Rehabilitate, but if desperate can stall weaker foes with Fear.

Tharja: Only 4* but the secondary damage dealer and bonus unit. Gains +14 damage with all three allies nearby. Has Quick Riposte 1 to occasionally ORKO Veronica.

Cherche: The main damage dealer with +Atk and Brave Axe+. Does not have Death Blow, so has to make do with Atk +4 and special.

Shout outs

Tiki: Last resort to take out Veronica and Hector. Has Fury 2 and Quick Riposte 2 to hit hard on counters. But is generally on a team without healers so I have to be careful.

Soren: Counters Reinhardt and Olwen kind of. Can suicide against Veronica or land the final blow.

Olivia: The last resort dancer. Has Ruby Sword to tank a hit or two from Veronica, but barely does any damage. Just there to do Azura's job if team 1 falls.

Bride Cordelia: Less mobile than Cherche and doesn't have WTA against anything, but serves a similar-ish purpose.

Celica and Michalis basically kill everything for me. TA Ninian also performs well as the only blue on my team, as she's tanky and fast enough to take on swordies.

Shout out to Priscilla for being able to safely bait Reinhardt/Olwen on the last map.

Like a lot of people't i'll name Reinhard. Brave tome on a horse is as fantastic as ever.

Roy has been putting in a lot of work as well. Mostly by baiting Veronica/Hector/other greens, but with swordbreaker he can work in a pinch against red's too.

Azura goes without saying for dancer utility.

I'm also pleasantly surprised by Gordin's performence. The brave bow makes him able to kill almost every mage/every flier and the Ignis I slapped on him helps against inantry.

Edited by Sasori

my current team is Linde, Tharja, Anna and Genny but it changes around regularly to share around hero merit
theyr all pretty great but my Mvps are my backups that i can rely on to clean up if something happens

My particularly noteworthy Mvps are

+resRoy: for taking minimal damage from annoying Hectors(or any axe user),healers and non blue Mages and deleting them in return

Ephraim:i dont have any 5star greens besides Anna who cant handle armors and Julia who takes multiple turns and support(or a pillar) for it so having Ephraim to smash through lance armors is pretty nice

+resRebecca: pretty great at filling in for killing mages and anything non tanky if any of my colour counters are missing

+defATiki: has quick riposite so easily deals with most green axe enemys as well as dagger users, archers and alot of red swords

4star frederick: if my Ephraim is somehow gone hes can deal with the lance armors very well