Tempest Trials MVPs Thread

dragonlordsd

I've been using a whole bunch of different units, but two really carry me. On my first team, Lukas, who kills almost anything with Ignis, while taking little to no damage from most physical hitters. On my final map team, Celica, who is my only unit atm who can reliably kill Veronica on the highest difficulty, and in one round, even though she needs the Ragnarok boost to do that

Honorable mention to Hector, Sharena, and Maria (with Rehabilitate) who usually make up the rest of my final team, as well as my m!Robin who decimates basically any sword unit 

Thanks to them, and my other units, of course, I managed to get Masked Marth after 3 days of grinding

Edited by BurgundyBirb

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone on my team pulls their weight, but I think that Cecilia deserves the title of MVP. With Gronnraven+ and TA3, she can bait any healer, archer, thief or blue mage, and even if she doesn't kill them (since she's the only cav on my team at the moment and lacks the necessary buffs) she deals a very hefty hit back. On the maps where the enemy doesn't move until you get into range, like the 8-rubble map and that stupid tree-in-the-middle map, having her bait a colourless or blue unit to get the AI moving has saved me ridiculous amounts of time. I owe my consistent A rank speed to her. She just maxed out her HM, but I'm keeping her in the team because honestly, nobody can replace her.

Honourable mentions to Desperation Tharja for being my Veronica killer and Azura for being the ubiquitous warping Dancer.

So far I've had a few MVP's

1) Celica - Not even biased this time. She's been pulling her weight tremendously well and has been the reason I can even clear 7/7. She's the only way I can deal with Veronica at this time, but it works, and it works well.  

2) Cordelia - Before my second team (featuring Celica) comes in, my primary team is responsible for clearing up to 7/7. Cordelia, not the bridal version but the flier version, has been critical in dealing with archers, daggers and swords. Anything B!Cordelia can't kill, normal Cordelia most likely can.  

3) S!Camilla - Paired up with Cordelia in my first team. Equipped with Lancebreaker ensures I can make quick work of those pesky high-def lance users like Lukas and Effie, as well as dealing with high speed Pegasi that B!Cordelia can't reach. I tried swapping her out for Minerva for two runs. I died on the third wave. Twice.  

4) B!Cordelia - JESUS THE SP GRIND. Buuuuut, now that that's over and she has her Brave Bow+ she is one shotting stuff left and right. Still working on her LnD2 and Desperation3, but the largest grind is over. Whenever she drops into Desperation range, the damage and ohko potential gets ridiculous. Can't wait to finish her build.  

5) Ninian. Well. She hasn't gained a single level and is still stuck at level 37 at 15k points, buuuuuuuut she dances like nobody else! Plus she allows me to bait Red Swords with Triangle Adept to trigger Escape Route 

My MVP is Cecilia (which can be seen by her now over 2000 SP, I even spent some of it for kicks and giggles and I'm still over 2000 ! )

She is +Spd -Atk, Gronnblade+, Fury 3, G Tome Breaker 3, Fort Cav, Draconic Aura, Draw Back, and +1 Attack Seal and hands-down my best unit at least when introduced to Hone Cav.  She kills all blues, greens, colorless, and most non-superfast, super resistant, or adept triangle reds, which is mostly just the red tomes

Elise is also an MVP of sorts as she is my buffer (Hone Cav, Fort Res 1 seal) and expert healer (I use recover instead of rehabilitate because it's better when matched with fury as she doesn't fall below 50% very often). I also give her Pain for a guaranteed 10 damage on everything that has clinched a lot of kills, also miracle has saved my life more times than I can count as I sometimes abuse it for tanking purposes.

my 4* Ursula has also been pulling her weight as well.

Edited by Locke087

My MVPs ?

M!Robin, Hana, Michalis and Lissa who almost always brings me to the final map.

Alm who can, in the right situation, ORKO Veronica.

F!Robin for being her and destroy these Olwen/Reinhardt.

My Horse Emblem team of Xander, Reinhardt, Cecilia, and Priscilla have been amazing. Out of that team, Cecilia, who is a 4*+3 wielding Gronnblade, Darting Blow 3, Desperation 3, Draconic Aura, and Hone Cav, is definitely a star. She basically has a Brave Blade, which devastates pretty much anything she attacks.

But Priscilla deserves a special shout out, she really keeps the team together and alive. If one member is lost, the team sort of falls apart, and she's been incredibly useful in preventing that. Healers have been really great in this.

18 hours ago, Katrisa said:

That's what I'm doing right now... Its stupid funny to watch GronBlade Ursula rip green faces clean off.  Or Xander Quick Riposte bonfire blues... so tasty.

I think you mean Blarblade Ursula. But yes, it is fun! With Desperation 3 and the pony buffs, my Gronnblade Cecilia is like a Brave Blade wielder, she can wipe almost anything off the map.

Tharja and Nino are my main attackers. With support from Buffraim they can typically ORKO almost any unit. Genny is for Rehabilitate healing as I have yet to pull a Shanna for Desperation so my blade tomes are taking damage every time they attack a ranged unit :/

But seriously, I'm very thankful for a +atk Genny. She saved me quite a few times.

For the first team I used in the beginning, Celica was definitely the MVP, being able to constantly double and then take damage from Fury 2 and Ragnarok to drop immediately into Vantage range. Whenever her Astra cooldown hit 0, that's when the fun really started, as she begins to ignore weapon triangle disadvantage in the earlier levels or can OHKO Veronica which is certainly an amazing feat.

Julia deserves a mention as not only a Reposition bot and Magic soak, but also was my only way of dealing with the pesky Flier map when there were multiple Blue units that comes along in the early sets.

If team 1 goes down, then Horse Emblem comes in. Reinhardt/Eldigan/Leo with AoE Specials decimated most any map including the last one. With a Hone Cavalry and Blazing Thunder ready, Reinhardt ORKOs Veronica with no Res boosts which I certainly didn't expect.

Special shoutouts to Rehabilitate Healers in the forms of Lachesis and Priscilla. It's pretty neat letting your main damage dealer get chunked all the way to 1-5 HP only to then get healed back up to full. Plus, Gravity spam allowed for some kiting shenanigans.

Someone quickly becoming a backup MVP for me is my 4 star Raigh. I decided to train him to level 40 on a whim last weekend, and boy I'm lucky I did, because he can bait Map 7 Cecilias on the right side with no problem at all with his Red Wolf tome (he would be better if I actually gave him his skills though!) Plus his Rally Attack is great for buffing Nino.

Simlarly, vanilla Ursula does well to bait Leos on the right side (who gives my Nino a scare)

Cecilia has also been great- she's still a 4 star and not fully decked out, but she's great at sponging Olwens/Reinhardts on the right side.

Edited by mcsilas

Lilina kills greens dead.

Bartre is a BEAST with his 5 res.

Jaffar takes those high health bars down a peg or two with his personal dagger and poison strike.

Jullia is bae.

- Spring Camilla deletes blues and colorless units, while taking little damage in return.  Absolutely amazing against the Dire Thunder horses, and can take a hit from Cecilia.  Gave her Fortify Res, which helps everyone else tank magic.
- Azura's job is to destroy red units.  And maybe some blue ones.  And give everyone an attack boost, while allowing me to hit-and-run.
- Lucina's my bonus unit, as well as my answer to Veronica, green units, dragons, and anything else that doesn't like having a Falchion to the face.  Spur Atk has helped Camilla secure some nifty kills.
- Lucius patches everyone up, and can tank a hit or two thanks to Renewal.  He can also be used as emergency chip, and is great at sponging off some of Veronica's health.  Gives everyone a speed boost, which I've been using more defensively (mainly to counter Lucina's -Spd).

I can clear the 5-map Lunatic run with ease, and can get pretty far in the 7-map one.  After that, I build a team specifically to counter whatever's on the map, so the rest is "choose from this giant pile".  Notable units are:

- Olivia's the backup dancer.  She tanks Hector/Sheena, too.
- Raigh is absolutely amazing against the green horses.  He occasionally rearranges Veronica's face, too.
- Team Horse Emblem, which consists of Stahl, Priscilla, and two of Frederick/Ursula/Leo.  Stahl has Hone Cavalry, Ursula has Fury (don't ask), Priscilla keeps the team alive and can bait Veronica, Leo obliterates Cecilia, and Frederick is my designated Veronica killer (even if the setup takes forever).
- Ryoma works wonders against greens, and that one time where he murdered Rein.
- F!Robin exists to delete Dire Thunder, then gives her life to bait Veronica.
- Sakura gets a special mention for killing Draug.
- Ephraim has only one job, which is to get rid of Tharja.
- Young Tiki can take quite a beating from Veronica, and was literally the last unit of my last team on one of my runs.

Ike, Hector, Nowi, Bride Lyn

needless to say I get really low scores in speed, but this event is too grindy to get sidetracked into grinding character levels

one day the game will give me a good mage

Bride Cordelia gets most of the glory. Lucina heals her allies with the light of justice and penetrates Veronica with the Pointy Demonspanker.

However, the MVP title goes to my two dancers, Azura and Olivia. Together, they make my strategy viable. Cordelia and Lucina can be replaced by other nukers or Veronica killers, especially Tharja who can do both roles to free up an extra slot.

Screenshot_2017-06-11-10-05-54[1].png

• Julia: The power of Naga compels you! Seriously, she's been absolutely crucial this event. Speed boon, inherited +3 Spd, QR2, Spur Spd 3, and Hone Atk 3 turn her into a 54 Atk, 37 Spd monster that can mash blues and greens into a bloody paste. Even peg knights just get taken down by sheer power. The final map's Reinhardt/Olwen/Linde is completely neutralized by her.
  • Femui: TA2 makes her a fantastic red counter, Ignis allows her to burn through even high-Res units, and Reposition is fantastic utility. Kind of fails on the last map, but she's invaluable in getting there.
  • Lucina: Not all that useful aside from Reposition until the last map, at which point she chops Veronica and her cohort into tiny bits.
  • Clarine: Inheritance to the max. Rehabilitate, Live to Serve, and Spur Spd 3 make her fantastic support, plus the rare emergency chip.

For me it's just the team of Olivia-Tharja-Julia-Donnell. If I run that team I can usually always get 5-6 deep (namely because I am not the greatest tactician), but if I change it up and add Spring Xander or Nino, I usually can only clear 4-5. It's amazing how much Julia's Breath of Life and Donnell's drag back do for the team.

Even as a 4*, Tharja has been doing great since I started using her as my bonus unit in m!Robin's place after he hit 2k HM. Between the Fortify Res seal and buff skills from Sharena and Serra, she can hit for tons of damage and double almost everything, although she's pretty fragile.

Julia has also been doing really well, especially since I got the Quickened Pulse seal and gave it to her.

• 2 weeks later...

Seconding Tharja. If such a thing were recorded, my Tharja's kill count would look pretty insane.

Lucina was also useful.

And I really wouldn't have gotten anywhere without Azura / a dancer. I say Azura in particular because her typing, Sapphire Lance+ and not-atrocious-defensive-stats actually made her useful bait at times, as well as a good emergency solution to a troublesome swordie/red mage I missed.