Ragefest V: The Enragement Ring OFFICIAL THREAD

MarkyJoe1990

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the list of Ragefest V submissions I currently have. If you send me your submission and it is not listed here, notify me. If you've been updating your submission a lot, make sure to check in with me on either the 10th or the 17th. I don't wanna end up playing an outdated version of your submission and misrepresenting your work.

Someday, man. I wanna make a new Ragefest submission, but I just don't have the time for it, what with work, college, and making videos. AAAAAGH! I wanna do FE hacking again ;-;

I also really wanna fuckin' fix up The Corruption Of Roy and release that "version 1.4" of the game that I totally promised in the ending. >.>

Really? I thought it was good as is. Though I haven't seen it in a bit...

Is there anything easier then FEditor, Nightmare, or FEXP?

I'd hoped fexna would be out by now and I was ALMOST finished with a Submission made with FEXP, when I could no longer access the file. And the trial ended.

28 minutes ago, HeroOfTem said:

I'd hoped fexna would be out by now and I was ALMOST finished with a Submission made with FEXP, when I could no longer access the file. And the trial ended.

Yeti is only 1 dude, and he's more or less building a new game engine. Think how long unreal engine took to build with a whole dev team doing it as their job, and Yeti is doing his in his spare time with no money and no help. Also, RPG Maker XP costs less than a 3DS game. If you really are into the project, cough up.

Um. Hello folks.

So I've already started recording submissions, but I kind of want to go the extra mile and make an intro video to start the series. To do this, I need artists.

The idea is this: Ominous music plays while I narrate the story. All the while, a slideshow of images (drawn by artists) depicting the events progresses. If you're a decent artist, please contact me. I don't need anything fancy. I just need you to follow my instructions. Thank you for your time!

In my opinion, you should make a retrospective video rather than an intro video. Personally, I don't care much about the RF narrative so much as I want to see you playing the submissions, and a retrospective will let you start sooner while giving the artists more time to do their thing.

I kinda had a moment where after submitting my entry, I went and watched some classic (pre-RF4) Ragefest stuff and although I remembered the broad strokes, I forgot how rough everything was (which lends to its charm). There are also so many Ragefest memes (e.g. money man; halberdiers; Teodor; literally everything Avraxas has made) these days that it was kinda cathartic(?) to look back at their origins.

also: holy SHIT you just called yourself "McCain" in Rondo of Madness was that a motherfucking raocow reference?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Edited by Alusq

Yeah, what would be the most useful would be a retrospective mentioning and briefly describing without going into much detail every previous RF submission, as well as other majorly known hard non-RF hacks referenced across them (like your Corroyption). You could do one for everything pre-RF4 and one for RF4 submissions. Then, after you play all the RFV submissions, you could do one for RFV while your memory is fresh so you don't have to do it at the start of RF6. In fact, you could release RFV's at the start of the voting for RFV, so people have somthing to remind them of every submission (given how many there are) before deciding, and you could show any fanart about RFV there while the video plays.

Also, maybe you could ask the ragefest submitters to include in the credits the name of all romehacks they reference, but it's a bit late for that now (they may still wish to do that in a .txt file for the post-RFV release versions).