New Banner - Echoes of Mystery (6/14)

Anacybele

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

10.3% 5-star red (1 in 9.7)
6.0% 5-star blue (1 in 16.6)
3.0% 5-star green (1 in 33.9)
2.9% 5-star colorless (1 in 35.0)

2.4% any individual red focus character (1 in 42.0)
7.1% red focus character (1 in 14.0)
3.1% blue focus character (1 in 32.8)

Thanks! Seems like a very good time to pull exclusively red.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roderick  looks a lot  more like Green from Pokespe haha

Well... I'm actually not very hyper for this new banner, but maybe I'm going to try to go for a "Green" haha

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Also, what the hell is up with NoA's localization team? First Eddie → Edward, then Wendy → Gwendolyn, and now Rody → Roderick. Seriously what the fuck. Do they have something against name diminutives?

Meanwhile, Benoit becoming Benny overseas. He's the exception! :p

Harold becoming Arthur is a bit weird. Why the change? There is already a Harold in Genealogy of the Holy War, but one, that was never released overseas and two, that didn't stop Severa from adopting Selena as her fake name when Selena from Sacred Stones already existed. Well, whatever.

I wonder if should try my luck in getting Katarina... I really need a different red mage. Probably shouldn't; probably will end up with reds who aren't even a part of the banner or having few red orbs even showing up. At this point, Julia would be a decent green mage counter, except she'd need G Tomebreaker which I don't have. Anyway, I digress.

Edited by Kaden

that Panic C- Slot skill looks like an excellent counter for Blade-Tome/Emblem users. However it needs positioning. still possible to built your team around spur emblem buffs!

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Meanwhile, Benoit becoming Benny overseas. He's the exception! :p

Harold becoming Arthur is a bit weird. Why the change? There is already a Harold in Genealogy of the Holy War, but one, that was never released overseas and two, that didn't stop Severa from adopting Selena as her fake name when Selena from Sacred Stones already existed. Well, whatever.

I wonder if should try my luck in getting Katarina... I really need a different red mage. Probably shouldn't; probably will end up with reds who aren't even a part of the banner or having few red orbs even showing up. At this point, Julia would be a decent green mage counter, except she'd need G Tomebreaker which I don't have. Anyway, I digress.

Leo and Leon still take the biscuit for me. I mean... let's just swap the names around. Totally not pointless! 

Do you mean there's already an Arthur in Holy War? Since I don't remember a Harold (unless he was a boss?), but I know there's an Arthur. 

Heh, been wanting to pull on reds properly for a while. I want to end up with several units not in focus - Karel, Eldigan, M!Corrin, at least, plus Luke and Katarina. And maybe two Athenas to pass a sword off to Navarre (I still want to keep her if I get her once, despite my not so great love of the art). 

Overally, it's still all about Rody <3 

For the green tomebreaker, if you end up going for Katarina, you might pull Henry, and then you have it :D 

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

that Panic C- Slot skill looks like an excellent counter for Blade-Tome/Emblem users. However it needs positioning. still possible to built your team around spur emblem buffs!

As I've already mentioned, assuming all it does is inflict Panic, it does little to stop Litrblade users because buffs are still considered buffs even when under the effect of Panic.

A unit with +4/4/4/4 has an effective +12/-4/-4/-4 when under Panic. A unit with +6/6/6/6 has an effective +18/-6/-6/-6 when under Panic. All it does is make them slow and squishy and hit like a car instead of a truck.

I'm going to re-run my tests later tonight just to be certain.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

As I've already mentioned, assuming all it does is inflict Panic, it does little to stop Litrblade users because buffs are still considered buffs even when under the effect of Panic.

A unit with +4/4/4/4 has an effective +12/-4/-4/-4 when under Panic. A unit with +6/6/6/6 has an effective +18/-6/-6/-6 when under Panic. All it does is make them slow and squishy and hit like a car instead of a truck.

I'm going to re-run my tests later tonight just to be certain.

I dont think thats the case, I used my Priscilla with Panic staff and the no counter B Skill in Arena alot and it cripples Blade-Tome users. The buffs are gone and reversed into penaltys.

If this C-Skill works like i think it works, with Cardinal Direction = lines being drawn to the end of the area from the unit you can cripple Blade-Tome users from very far away. Also the effects only ends according to wording until the next move of the foe. Which means if buffs applie on the next turn, they  become penaltys again unless you attacked that unit in your round. The only way to avoid that for them is if you attack them on your phase or if they use a dancer in their phase to move the unit twice.

It really all boils down to how the hone/buffs are applied on the next turn if the panic effect with debuffs is still in place, but considering harsh command has no effect on panic to reverse buffs (they instantly turn back into penaltys) i dont think buffs will apply on top of the panic-debuffs.

19 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Do you mean there's already an Arthur in Holy War? Since I don't remember a Harold (unless he was a boss?), but I know there's an Arthur.

For the green tomebreaker, if you end up going for Katarina, you might pull Henry, and then you have it :D 

There is apparently a Harold in Holy War: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Harold, and he's a boss like how Selena is a boss in Sacred Stones.

B-but, I want a Henry and what if I only get one? Even if he's -Atk, I'll still keep him. ;_;

Also, Henry's pretty bad a green mage counter considering his low attack and lower resistance. It's better than nothing, but would it be nicer to have Celica, probably Katarina, Lilina, Sanaki, or Tharja.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

but considering harsh command has no effect on panic to reverse buffs (they instantly turn back into penaltys)

If your unit has only buffs and is under the effect of Panic, you can't cast Harsh Command on that unit at all. Which means buffs under the effect of Panic are still counted as "buffs" and also still add Atk to Litrblade.

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

There is apparently a Harold in Holy War: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Harold, and he's a boss like how Selena is a boss in Sacred Stones.

B-but, I want a Henry and what if I only get one? Even if he's -Atk, I'll still keep him. ;_;

Also, Henry's pretty bad a green mage counter considering his low attack and lower resistance. It's better than nothing, but would it be nicer to have Celica, probably Katarina, Lilina, Sanaki, or Tharja.

Henry loves me lol. Hopefully, if you do go for Katarina, he will begin to love you, too :D 

I have several of him - one to train and one to pass along his g.tomebreaker to turn Sanaki into Veronica's death :D

I never thought about adding it to Julia, too... Maybe I will, but she's more used for luring Reinhardt and Olwen to their demises :D

Huh, never knew that. So they swapped one unimportant HW name for a more important one... totally makes sense xD

Edited by Cute Chao

7 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I dont think thats the case, I used my Priscilla with Panic staff and the no counter B Skill in Arena alot and it cripples Blade-Tome users. The buffs are gone and reversed into penaltys.

Got around to testing it because it's been bugging me. You're half right.

Paralogue 3-1 Lunatic

Tharja is standing next to Eirika (vanilla with S Spur Def 1, which doesn't matter) Priscilla casts Panic on Tharja (and dies to the counterattack).

Tharja's stats:

攻撃 51 (基本値 54, 強化 -3)
速さ 42 (基本値 46, 強化 -4)

Of note, that's a buff of -3 and a buff of -4, not a debuff of -3 and a debuff of -4. Debuffs are designated separately by "弱化" on the status screen and header ribbon.

Tharja attacks Lance Fighter (14 Res) with Raudhrblade+ for 27×2 damage, which implies Tharja has 41 effective Atk, which lines up with her 51 displayed Atk, meaning Raudhrblade+ is not getting a boost from negative buffs.

Conclusions:

• Panic converts positive buffs into negative buffs. It does not convert buffs into debuffs.
  • Negative buffs do not contribute to Litrblade's additional Atk.

Corollaries:

• Harsh Command cannot target a unit with negative buffs unless they also have a debuff.
  • Harsh Command converts debuffs into negative buffs when the target is under the effect of Panic.
  • Negative buffs stack with debuffs. (Tested on the same map using Fortify Dragons and Raven's Threaten Def.)

I realized where my memory went wrong. My previous test wasn't for Panic. It was for if a character had both a buff and a debuff for a stat. Litrblade only considers the value of the buff for its boost to Atk. Whether a debuff is present is irrelevant.

In other words that C Panic Passiv is a good counter for "Litrblade" (or Emblem Teams), depending of course of the range. But i think it really draws line from the unit to the end of the map in cardinal directions, which means you can weaken Litrblade from basicly the end of the Map and bait them with Distant Counter units.

14 minutes ago, Hilda said:

In other words that C Panic Passiv is a good counter for "Litrblade" (or Emblem Teams), depending of course of the range. But i think it really draws line from the unit to the end of the map in cardinal directions, which means you can weaken Litrblade from basicly the end of the Map and bait them with Distant Counter units.

I didn't want to sound uneducated but hold on a second. Cardinal directions in this case is from wherever the unit is facing to the end of the stage?! I just assumed it was any unit adjacent to the unit with the ability in all directions which makes it underwhelming and almost pointless, the range was never specified. Heck... pulling Luke may have it's benefits if that's the case.

21 minutes ago, Hilda said:

According to the description, Ploy skills appear to extend across the entire map. They'll be easy to activate against the AI due to how easy it is to manipulate them to move where you want them to move, but they'll be mostly just a nuisance to players where the only maps they would probably work on are the waffle and reverse-waffle maps.

5 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I didn't want to sound uneducated but hold on a second. Cardinal directions in this case is from wherever the unit is facing to the end of the stage?! I just assumed it was any unit adjacent to the unit with the ability in all directions which makes it underwhelming and almost pointless, the range was never specified. Heck... pulling Luke may have it's benefits if that's the case.

All the way to the end of the map in all four directions. If it were just 1-range, they'd have used the word "adjacent".

Edited by Ice Dragon

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

All the way to the end of the map in all four directions. If it were just 1-range, they'd have used the word "adjacent".

The last bit I know, I just didn't think they would implement a skill that extended from one end of the stage to the other. That... is... a lot.

Ok I'm pulling for this banner. I don't care who I get, everyone is a win. (Except Roderick)

Edited by Zeo

44 minutes ago, Hilda said:

One other thing I forgot. It doesn't neutralize Armor Emblem because armors use Ward, which is unaffected by Panic.

19 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Ok I'm pulling for this banner. I don't care who I get, everyone is a win. (Except Roderick)

Roderick has Firesweep Lance+, Rally Def/Res (which lets Eirika or Ephraim use something other than S Fortify Res 1), and Drive Def (which is basically Ward Infantry, but only for Def and only +3).

Honestly, I'm going to try for at least 3 copies of Roderick: 1 to keep, 1 to pass Rally Def/Res to Eirika/Ephraim, and 1 to pass Firesweep Lance+ to Peri. Maybe 1 more copy so I can get both Eirika and Ephraim.

I'm only pulling for Roderick and Athena. Because Athena has Wo Dao+ with Moonbow already in her build, and Roderick since Drive Defense is one of the better C Skills out there. Spur and Hone skills are kind of niche, so Drive skills might seem like good C support skills in the future. Plus, I love Roderick's new artwork, so I'll probably keep him. Katerina is kind of hit or miss with Raourowl+ and Glacies, unless she had good res. And Luke for me isn't really interesting aside of his skills. I'll just keep him for his good skills. Brave Sword+, ok. Fire Boost 3, probably one of the best Boost skills. Panic Ploy 3, great, a blade tome counter. I'll give that to probably Lilina. 

Also, Athena his Eliwood eyes. YAYAYAYAYAY.

Hmm.

Base game: Spur Def 1 > Spur Def 2 > Spur Def 3

Radiance banner: Spur Def 1 > Spur Def/Res 1 > Spur Def/Res 2

Mystery banner: Spur Def 1 > Drive Def 1 > Drive Def 2

Future: Spur Def 1 > Drive Def 1 > Drive Def/Res???

So many possibilities for future skills. (And yes, I know Mist's base Spur skill is Spur Res 1, not Spur Def 1, but I assume skill inheritance allows a character to go from Spur Def 1 to Spur Def/Res 1.)

people keep talkin' about crippling Blade users with Panic Ploy, but what i'm super psyched about is having a tool to deal with the merged Horse Emblems that occasionally "gift" me their presence in the arena...-6 buffs here we come! 

Edited by wizzard of soz

Finally listened to the voice lines in the trailers now that I'm home from work.

As usual, the English lines just don't do it for me. Katarina's introduction was okay, but still sounded a bit too exaggerated. It's hard to imagine hearing that as someone speaking to you instead of someone at a recording studio. That or because I associate that kind of exaggerated speech with snotty middle-school girls. All that said, Luke's special activation quote was delivered perfectly, so props for that, at the very least.

One thing that's been bothering me and isn't a fault of the voice acting is Athena's accent. I get that she's supposed to be a foreigner who's not great at the language everyone else speaks, and I get that a German accent is probably the only foreign accent in English that you can get away with using without sounding like you're making fun of people who have that accent, but it just feels weird to me. The Japanese voices did Athena by having her speak slowly and hesitantly as if not confident she was picking the right words, and that works.

On the subject of Athena, I'm not entirely sold on the casting of Hikasa Youko to do her voice. It sounds a bit too cute for her appearance, and her hesitant speech just makes it sound more endearing. But, I'm not going to complain much because Hikasa Youko's voice is pretty and the delivery of her lines is well-done.

25 minutes ago, Othin said:

(And yes, I know Mist's base Spur skill is Spur Res 1, not Spur Def 1, but I assume skill inheritance allows a character to go from Spur Def 1 to Spur Def/Res 1.)

1. It does.
  2. If you have Mist, you can check in-game. It'll tell you what the prerequisites are on the skill selection screen when doing Skill Inheritance.

32 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Ooh, looks like Clarisse may be a GHB unit!

EDIT: It's official: Legion and Clarisse are GHB units!

Datamine album for maps

nooooooooooooooooo

Uh anyway

Legion actually looks pretty cool.

55 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Ooh, looks like Clarisse may be a GHB unit!

EDIT: It's official: Legion and Clarisse are GHB units!

Datamine album for maps

jL7LFG4.png

GhTcGmO.png

Yay! Clarisse is one of my favourite females in New Mystery of the Emblem. 

Not sure about Legion though, I don't really like him. But i'm cool with him.