Adding the Lord Sieze trait to classes other than Junior Lord / Lord Knight?

Rathilal

I've been trying to do an edited playthrough of FE4 for fun, and everything's gone well so far except for the fact I've changed both Sigurd and Seliph into alternative classes (Sage and Mage), and as a result they can't sieze castles unless I do something.

None of the Nightmare modules I use allow me to mess with it, and though I've seen the solution through Hex editing in Lamia's FE4 hacking thread, the Hex editor I'm using doesn't go far enough to reach that address, so I feel like I'm missing something. If somebody could direct me to the necessary tool or even just a patch to make it tied to their character ID instead of class then I'd appreciate it.

Cygnus. I tried to look around for one specifically built for SNES roms, but basically all of them were windows XP / DOS era and incompatible with my OS. The last Hex address it goes to is 00400200.

I'm using HXD now, the fix doesn't mention the offset, though it's listing the address in Hexadecimal:

I've got a workaround that would let Sigurd and Celice seize regardless of class, and also let sword skills be freely inherited. I'll see if I can go dig it up.

EDIT: At 7A975, there's inheritance addresses for each child, with three bytes in. They go in character order, so they'll be like XX YY ZZ, if YY's 07, the character can't inherit sword skills, if it's FF, they can.

EDIT2: Go to 05E63C: Change 22 2D A0 84 to 22 33 A3 84
Go to 05E641: Change 06 to 01
Go to 05E646: Change 2C to 19

This will let Sigurd and Celice seize based on their character ID rather than class.

Like before, the addresses don't go as high as 05E63C, they stop at 4001F0.

... Oh dear god I'm retarded.

Okay, this should be resolved, turns out I can't even count properly.

Yeah, it's fixed now.

ss+(2017-06-12+at+10.25.41).jpg

Edited by Rathilal