Olivia/Tharja marriage

When I saw the title of the thread I thought this meant you were getting Tharja and Olivia married to each other. xD And I was like "No idea how you modded the game to do that, but that sounds cool." xD

Gonna agree - Gaius and Tharja are a solid pick, especially since you can end up with a Noire that potentially has Lifetaker if Tharja goes Dark Knight, and you can combine that with Lethality from Gaius as an assassin, and...I've found it to be a pretty solid combination before.  Noire can be a horrifying unit to face off against depending on the build.

22 minutes ago, redshirtontherock said:

When I saw the title of the thread I thought this meant you were getting Tharja and Olivia married to each other. xD And I was like "No idea how you modded the game to do that, but that sounds cool." xD

same and now im incredibly disappointed

5 hours ago, Nerd_Cynthia said:

I was initially thinking about pairing Gaius with Tharja, and everyone else is already paired up, leaving Olivia to marry Henry, or Virion. Would it be better to marry Gaius to Olivia and Henry or Virion to Tharja? 

This depends on how willing you are to level grind said characters.

If you're willing to put in the effort, Henry gets Warrior and consequently Counter, while I don't remember if Gaius gets it. Either way, give Noire Counter and Pavise as Tharja can become a General. Olivia would of course want to pass along Galeforce to Inigo if you put in the effort, and you can then give him either Counter from Henry or Lethality, Pass Astra, or Acrobat from Gaius, all of which are at least decent Skills. Basically, ignore Virion as he only gets the Archer, Mage and Wyvern Rider Class Trees, all of which are generally not as useful as Henry, who gets Thief, Dark Mage and Barbarian Class Trees, and Gaius, who gets Thief, Myrmidon and I believe Fighter Class Trees.

If you don't want to put in that much effort, Gaius will pass along either Lethality/Pass or Acrobat/Lucky Seven depending on whether you go Assassin or Trickster, while Henry can give either Vengeance/Tomebreaker or Slow Burn/Lifetaker.

Also,

2 hours ago, redshirtontherock said:

Gonna agree - Gaius and Tharja are a solid pick, especially since you can end up with a Noire that potentially has Lifetaker if Tharja goes Dark Knight, and you can combine that with Lethality from Gaius as an assassin, and...I've found it to be a pretty solid combination before.  Noire can be a horrifying unit to face off against depending on the build.

Don't know if you still wanted the help or not, but I gave you some draw support ideas on your old Cipher post.

11 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

If you're willing to put in the effort, Henry gets Warrior and consequently Counter, while I don't remember if Gaius gets it. Either way, give Noire Counter and Pavise as Tharja can become a General. Olivia would of course want to pass along Galeforce to Inigo if you put in the effort, and you can then give him either Counter from Henry or Lethality, Pass Astra, or Acrobat from Gaius, all of which are at least decent Skills. Basically, ignore Virion as he only gets the Archer, Mage and Wyvern Rider Class Trees, all of which are generally not as useful as Henry, who gets Thief, Dark Mage and Barbarian Class Trees, and Gaius, who gets Thief, Myrmidon and I believe Fighter Class Trees.

If you don't want to put in that much effort, Gaius will pass along either Lethality/Pass or Acrobat/Lucky Seven depending on whether you go Assassin or Trickster, while Henry can give either Vengeance/Tomebreaker or Slow Burn/Lifetaker.

Also,

Don't know if you still wanted the help or not, but I gave you some draw support ideas on your old Cipher post.

Thanks, just looked it over and that helps a bunch! I dunno why I didn't get a notification on that, might have just missed it. Life/work stuff has had me pretty swamped of late.

8 hours ago, redshirtontherock said:

Thanks, just looked it over and that helps a bunch! I dunno why I didn't get a notification on that, might have just missed it. Life/work stuff has had me pretty swamped of late.

Yeah, no problem, good luck with the deck!

On June 12, 2017 at 10:53 PM, SoulWeaver said:

I disagree on Counter being worth passing down - it's too much effort for a skill that has too little use (that is, except when it's used AGAINST you). Lethality and Pass come off to me as wasted skill slots too.

19 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I disagree on Counter being worth passing down - it's too much effort for a skill that has too little use (that is, except when it's used AGAINST you). Lethality and Pass come off to me as wasted skill slots too.

It most certainly depends on the character being talked about as well as the player preferences. I think it's worth it for Noire as it gives her a response to up-close enemies without needing to Class Change her, but she's also pretty decent with Acrobat, especially in her own level where there's all the trees to slow you down. Basically, Counter is the only reason I ever use Vaike - he gets it with the least amount of effort out of all the characters as he starts out in the right Class Tree, and I haven't ever really paired him up in such as way that his child doesn't get the other decent Skills he can pass along anyways.

22 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

It most certainly depends on the character being talked about as well as the player preferences. I think it's worth it for Noire as it gives her a response to up-close enemies without needing to Class Change her, but she's also pretty decent with Acrobat, especially in her own level where there's all the trees to slow you down. Basically, Counter is the only reason I ever use Vaike - he gets it with the least amount of effort out of all the characters as he starts out in the right Class Tree, and I haven't ever really paired him up in such as way that his child doesn't get the other decent Skills he can pass along anyways.

Noire can probably get a better skill from Gaius but I can agree with counter for Vaike's child, as well as Donnel's. Pretty sure the only other things worth passing are Wrath, which is actually kinda terrible on most builds, Axefaire, or Sol if the child can't get it.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

The problem with Counter is that nine times out of ten, you're either not taking enough damage to make Counter worth it, or if you ARE, you're likely in a bad position. It doesn't help that Counter is outright useless in the very few situations it'd have been useful.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia