Main Series Pokemon Game confirmed for Switch!

Anacybele

The unnamed Pokemon Switch game  

34 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like this game to be?

• Pokemon Sparkling Diamond/Shining Pearl (Sinnoh remakes)
    • Gen 8
    • Pokemon Eclipse/Stars (more gen 7)
    • A remake for a region other than Sinnoh

I told people this was happening! I CALLED IT! :D

So, what do you guys hope this is or would like it to be?

My answer should be obvious by now. SINNOH! I still love Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, but the former two are so slow. >_< And the latter is much better, but I would still love to see things like Poke Pelago and Super Training and online Underground and Mega evolutions and Z-moves added to Sinnoh.

Gen 4 was my official entry into the Pokemon series too. I never owned a Pokemon game of my own until then. My family was rather poor back in the late 90s, so only my stepbrothers got Pokemon games then. I only got to play stuff like Snap and Stadium 2. Which were neat. And those plus the anime still got me familiar with gen 1 and 2 Pokemon. My brothers didn't get gen 3 though, so I didn't know that one existed until after I got gen 4.

Sinnoh is my favorite region in the series and still has a lot of my favorite Pokemon. I'd love to get both Mega Infernape and a Z-move for it! I don't think we'll get THAT much for the Sinnoh starters if the Switch is getting Sinnoh remakes, but it'd sure be awesome. XD

Sparkling Diamond and Shining Pearl are my fan names for these hopefully eventual remakes, btw. I hope they're okay! :P

So, poll time for you guys! Also decided to put multiple choice on this in case some of us aren't entirely sure which to pick! I'm adding a vote for gen 8 myself since of course, that'd also be awesome.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's much early for Gen 8, and a third (and fourth) version is already in the works for the 3DS. 

I'm certain we will get a Sinnoh remake, and since the 3DS is already pretty, old, it would make sense to switch to a newer, shinier system. 

I know Gen 4 mainly from Chuggaaconroy's Let's Play, so I would be excited to play a remake that fixes Gen 4's technical issues.

I put in for the Diamond/Pearl remakes, but I'd be more interested in a spinoff that capitalizes on the power the Switch has which portables lack.

An HD openish world. A vast frontier where very few humans live, just loads of Pokemon waiting to be caught. An ancient legend which drives explorers to come and wander this forgotten land. Include a camera for optional picture taking. No gyms, no Pokemon League, no towns or cities beyond a hub and a few outposts, probably an evil organization. And in this distinct world, how about have the hero and others be suddenly be blessed with limited Pokemon powers? Basically, if someone's inner nature is aligned with the Fire type, they can use Ember, but they can't use Flamethrower without one or more Fire Pokemon in their possession (and they can't use Sacred Fire at all, or without having Ho-oh maybe).

Pokemon Snap is the only right answer.

My vote is for a spinoff of sort as well. 

A new pokémon Ranger could be quite dope as well.

Obviously, Gen 4 would be great (and it means geting closer to Gen 5 Remake). And since it won't be there before a while, Gen VIII is totally possible (it would make more sense to me to have Gen 8 before the remake, even if unique Z-Attack for Empoleon, Torterra, and Infernape is what everyone wants (Megas are sooo Gen 6))

39 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I told people this was happening! I CALLED IT! :D

Honing your psychic skills I see~

All I want is more mega evolutions

That's all I need in my life LOL So I guess gen 8 is the what I want since I don't expect remakes or anything to have more of those!

I like Sparkling Diamond and Shining Pearl for the possible names. But they'll probably use something nobody expects. Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire...people were predicting things like Raging Ruby and Stormy Sapphire, not even close to what it actually is. Too early for Gen 8 and they're pulling a BW2 with Alola (I hope), so I voted for Sinnoh remakes.

@Interdimensional Observer That sounds awesome for a spinoff!

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's confirmed to be main series though. GameFreak doesn't make the spinoffs.

Yes I realize that, but I can still voice what I'd want out of a console Pokemon lol.

15 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Sooooo, diamond and pearl remakes, when we getting those.

Is this new game part of gen 7, or does it stretch into eight?

We don't know yet, that's why the poll is up there. xP

15 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Yes I realize that, but I can still voice what I'd want out of a console Pokemon lol.

Well, okay then. :P

3 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Oh wow, I didn't see the poll I'm blind.

Heh, no worries, it happens. :P

I don't know why more people are saying spinoff, because again, this won't be a spinoff and that's why I didn't include that in the poll. GameFreak doesn't make the spinoffs. xP

Edited by Anacybele

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Heh, no worries, it happens. :P

I don't know why more people are saying spinoff, because again, this won't be a spinoff and that's why I didn't include that in the poll. GameFreak doesn't make the spinoffs. xP

They even said it was main series if I recall. 

If they were to make a new spinoff pokemon title, what do you think the odds are of it being a warriors game, given how both Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors are a thing?

50 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I would like to see gen 8. Never was that much of a fan of gen 4. I'm fine with anything though!

Gen 8 won't be out too soon after Ultra Sun/Moon. But I too aren't much of a fan of gen 4; Galactic were less memorable than Teams Plasma, Magma, or Aqua. What were the only memorable gen 4 takeaways was Giratina was the hardest level 70 legendary to catch with a non-masterball since Mewtwo; and the hardest AI battles of the pokemon series like Cyrus, the Elite 4, & Cynthia

1 minute ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

They even said it was main series if I recall. 

If they were to make a new spinoff pokemon title, what do you think the odds are of it being a warriors game, given how both Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors are a thing?

Yeah, they did say that.

And I dunno, it doesn't seem like it would fit. Even Mario Warriors would make more sense, imo.

3 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Pokemon Rumble is as close as we'll ever get.

The Pokémon games have never jumped between consoles in the middle of a generation, so the first games of Gen VIII are the only realistic choice. Otherwise, Ultra SuMo would be on the Switch too.

We'll probably get Diamond and Pearl remakes eventually, but not until after Gen VIII begins (unless they're on the 3DS).

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

The Pokémon games have never jumped between consoles in the middle of a generation, so the first games of Gen VIII are the only realistic choice. Otherwise, Ultra SuMo would be on the Switch too.

We'll probably get Diamond and Pearl remakes eventually, but not until after Gen VIII begins (unless they're on the 3DS).

We never had sequels in the same gen until gen 5 either. There's a first time for everything. :P

Edited by Anacybele

A Gen 4 remake would be pretty cool. I have a soft spot for sinnoh and I'd love for it to get a remake to help further iron out its flaws as well as just seeing it get some remake love would make me very happy.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

We never had sequels in the same gen until gen 5 either. There's a first time for everything. :P

Are you arguing that we could get DP remakes on the Switch before a proper Gen VIII? That's hardly the same thing. In terms of development B2W2 are basically third versions, except they have new plots and there are two of them. Jumping consoles mid-generation is a bigger deal than that. Remakes and third versions typically sell less than other games of their generation, so to maximize success the first games on the Switch should be completely new.

They could theoretically do as you say, but I find it unlikely.

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

Are you arguing that we could get DP remakes on the Switch before a proper Gen VIII? That's hardly the same thing. In terms of development B2W2 are basically third versions, except they have new plots and there are two of them. Jumping consoles mid-generation is a bigger deal than that. Remakes and third versions typically sell less than other games of their generation, so to maximize success the first games on the Switch should be completely new.

They could theoretically do as you say, but I find it unlikely.

It might not be extremely likely, but I'm just saying it's not impossible, that's all.