Which Robin? (Poll Closed)

Arthur97

With the revelation that the main Corrin will be female, which Robin do you think we'll get? There is the argument that they will go make since Corrin is female, but this is KT we're talking about. Male Robin does seem more popular  though (outside of Smash). Not entirely sure why though.

Remember that this is if there is only one of each or the main one of we get alternate characters, which I actually think isn't quite as likely as some.

Also, this is not a complaint thread about the game pool not is it a we're not getting Robin thread.

Closing poll for male vs. female Robin with the advent of the latest news. Now I will be posing another Grima topic soon.

If you're curious, the previous results were:

Which Robin do you think we'll get?

Male Robin had 93.75% of the vote with 90 votes,

Female Robin had 6.25% of the vote with 6 votes.

Which Robin do you want?

Male Robin had 73.96% of the vote with 71 votes.

Female Robin had 24.06% of the vote with 25 votes.

Edited by Arthur97

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the more iconic and preferred Robin is the male one for whatever reason.  While I like both the default look of male and female Robin, I think male is slightly more iconic.

If anything, we can hope that the female Robin is a costume or vice versa same with Corrin.

I think we'll get male Robin, but I would prefer female Robin. Not that I don't like male Robin, I just like the female more. Plus I could do pair-up with her and Frederick if they were both playable. :P

5 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

I'm sure we'll get male Robin, but I prefer the female design personally. If I play Robin in smash, that's what I do - and tbh, I'm salty that now Corrin gets a player 2 but not Robin.

Player 2?

I think it's more unfair that both genders of Corrin get Amiibo, but only the male Robin gets one. There ARE people that like female Robin and would buy her, Nintendo.

Where's the option for "No Robin" in the second question?  Even though they're practically guaranteed I hate Robin so I don't want them to begin with.

That said, it'll likely be male Robin and if I had to choose I'd pick the male since I prefer his design.  

Edited by Glaceon Sage

24 minutes ago, Glaceon Sage said:

Where's the option for "No Robin" in the second question?  Even though they're practically guaranteed I hate Robin so I don't want them to begin with.

That said, it'll likely be male Robin and if I had to choose I'd pick the male since I prefer his design.  

I thought I said it's not for that. No hating. In any case, if you don't like either Robin, then this is not the thread for you.

Edited by Arthur97

I voted both female Robins. I'm not aware of their popularity in the West. It's always a little weird for me to see both Chrom and Robin are males and their "bond" is a little too close.

I hope Robin and Corrin will appear in both genders, though.

While I'd LIKE to see F!Robin, I imagine we'll be getting M!Robin, since F!Robin honestly doesn't get a whole lot of representation (no amiibo, for instance). But I suppose this time I'm okay with it, since we're getting F!Corrin.

19 minutes ago, Rosetta said:

I voted both female Robins. I'm not aware of their popularity in the West. It's always a little weird for me to see both Chrom and Robin are males and their "bond" is a little too close.

I hope Robin and Corrin will appear in both genders, though.

It's possible to be just good friends you know. As for his popularity, he is used more in promotional stuff. Plus he scored higher in the CYL poll which I know is not definitive and irrelevant to this, but he seems to be the most common Robin.

I both think we'll get, and want, Male Robin. In part to balance out Female Corrin and also because he's one of the only options I have for a male magician. (Plus, he's my second favorite videogame character.)

Edited by Folt

I believe and hope we get Male!Robin; I actually sort of like him a bit more. That said, we may not get him at all. One can never know.

More importantly, we need Leo confirmed. Where is my precious tome-wielding horseback rider, KT!?

Male, both as my expectation and my preference. I'm not really a huge fan of female Robin's design and male Robin's relatively cute by MC standards. It also seems to be the generally preferred version of the character, although not quite to the extent Corrin has.

6 hours ago, Nirito Haan said:

What about Kris?

what about no

let's do what awakening did and replace him with katarina forever

I'm sure we'll be getting Male Robin, since he seems to show up more in media. F!Robin isn't as popular as F!Corrin.

I find it extremely funny that literally no one in this world gives two shits about male Corrin, and I'm okay with this.

If we're getting Robin, it'll most likely be the male version.

59 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I find it extremely funny that literally no one in this world gives two shits about male Corrin, and I'm okay with this.

Hey, I like M!Corrin and was rather disappointed that the female version got the spotlight. I have no interest in her. 

I really dislike her fanbase in general. If only it wasn't so full of cancerous smug people and drooling fanboys...

I hope M!Corrin appears in the game even if he's just an alt for the female one.