Voting Gauntlet: War of the Clerics

Vaximillian

8 hours ago, Alexmender said:

I'm not that excited about this gaunlet but I'll support Priscilla. After all she's the first 5* I got after re-starting the game.

If anyone is interested my ID is 2965238929 and I can offer these heroes:

Hide contents

+Def -Res Lucina with full SI

+Atk -HP Minerva with desperation build

+Atk -HP Reinhardt with DB 3

+HP -Res Vanilla Ike

+Def -HP Hector with Vantage build

+Def -HP Nino with LnD build

+Atk -Def Vanilla Hinoka

+Spd -HP Nowi with TA build

+Res -HP Blarblade+ Bride Caeda

Sent a request!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Not that you're biased or anything...

Sure, I'm on Team Priscilla, but I do have reasons for my position.

First, objective data from the CYL poll. No one from that garnered enough votes to totally dwarf the others. Elise and Sakura got a pretty similar number of votes. In the prior gauntlets, Lucina, Camilla, and Tharja all had significantly more votes than the next closest person in the gauntlet. They're also easily known as among the most popular characters in the franchise. But nothing like that is true in this one. Lower down in the list, the difference in votes is much smaller, and that's what we have for this gauntlet.

Second, objective data from searching on the Gamepress site. Since the announcement of the characters in the gauntlet, Elise has been the most searched character out of the group, followed not too far by Priscilla. The other characters have all trailed behind. So people are looking up Elise and Priscilla more than the others.

Third, subjectively, Priscilla has very nice artwork. Also, Priscilla is, out of the box, a much more useful healer than Lissa. And she's been relatively easily available. So a lot of people have had the opportunity to build a loyalty to her. I think a lot of people like her in her original game, and I think people will like the character she has in Heroes.

Fourth, Priscilla is just better than Lissa. Thus she should get more votes.

3 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Sure, I'm on Team Priscilla, but I do have reasons for my position.

First, objective data from the CYL poll. No one from that garnered enough votes to totally dwarf the others. Elise and Sakura got a pretty similar number of votes. In the prior gauntlets, Lucina, Camilla, and Tharja all had significantly more votes than the next closest person in the gauntlet. They're also easily known as among the most popular characters in the franchise. But nothing like that is true in this one. Lower down in the list, the difference in votes is much smaller, and that's what we have for this gauntlet.

Second, objective data from searching on the Gamepress site. Since the announcement of the characters in the gauntlet, Elise has been the most searched character out of the group, followed not too far by Priscilla. The other characters have all trailed behind. So people are looking up Elise and Priscilla more than the others.

Third, subjectively, Priscilla has very nice artwork. Also, Priscilla is, out of the box, a much more useful healer than Lissa. And she's been relatively easily available. So a lot of people have had the opportunity to build a loyalty to her. I think a lot of people like her in her original game, and I think people will like the character she has in Heroes.

Fourth, Priscilla is just better than Lissa. Thus she should get more votes.

Nope, not biased at all.

Gamepress is like looking at this forum to determine fanbase. That's the site that lists "super cool" as one of Ike's cons, I'd hardly call it reliable.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

Nope, not biased at all.

Gamepress is like looking at this forum to determine fanbase. That's the site that lists "super cool" as one of Ike's cons, I'd hardly call it reliable.

Lissa is a free unit, so most people interested in her may have already searched for her before the gauntlet announcement. On the other hand, Priscilla is from a less popular game, so it's more likely that those just pulled her in the new banner wanted to look her up, know who she is and how good her stats will be.

However, I have to admit Lissa's artwork looks dull compared to other clerics, especially her battle expression. One more disadvantage is that as a free unit, most people got 1 or 2 star Lissas, but Priscilla's first appearance was a 5 star focus unit. So I guess those who knew neither Lissa or Priscilla may have some biased image that Lissa is a less cool unit. So I guess the scores between Lissa and competitors like Mist and Priscilla will be closer than what we first thought.

@Johann

Haven't decided which team to go for yet, but I think I'll join you in team Clarine. I've added you (name is Symphonia and current lead is Xander) I assume you are going to use Clarine in battles so I have quite a few 5* horsies to choose from (Xander, Eldigan, Camus, Olwen, Reinhardt, Cecilia) so I'll let you pick one, otherwise, I'll probably just leave Xander as my lead. If you want to know their builds, just let me know

Edited by Symphonica

@Symphonica

Awesome, yeah I'll be using Clarine herself, and working with a horsey would probably be best. I too have a fare share of prepared horsies, primarily Cain, Frederick, Xander, Ursula, and Roderick, I'm sure whatever you have set will be more than fine, and likewise let me know if you want more details on mine.

2 hours ago, Johann said:

@Symphonica

Awesome, yeah I'll be using Clarine herself, and working with a horsey would probably be best. I too have a fare share of prepared horsies, primarily Cain, Frederick, Xander, Ursula, and Roderick, I'm sure whatever you have set will be more than fine, and likewise let me know if you want more details on mine.

I'm using a lv 1 Clarine to cheese through battles so you can set whoever.

I'll probably leave Xander as my rep then but if that win X battles with X colour unit quest is back then I can cycle between Xander, Camus and Cecilia for you and you can tell me when you want the unit switched if you like

Edited by Symphonica

While the Cyl poll is not the most accurate representation it is a a good one. 

Elise-8,962-30th

Sakura-7,782-40th

Lissa-5,279-52nd

Mist-1,581-167th (PoR)

Lachesis-1,394-188th

Mist-1,391-189th (RD)

Priscilla-1,334-192nd

Clarine-1,044-231st

Maria-278-454th(SD)

Maria-134-589th (FE3/12)

Adding Maria's gives her 412, which doesn't change much. 

Adding up Mist's totals she has 2,972 meaning she still stays bellow Lissa and the Fates duo.  While this is not exact, this is the number of people who thought of these characters as one of their favorites.  While the field of choices are smaller in the gauntlet,  these are still relatively fair to judge on.  While that multipler can make anything happen, these are still a decently accurate representation of who ranks where.

Edited by Anime27Arts

11 hours ago, Johann said:

Yeah, I've held onto other healers at 4* and level 1 specifically (except Mist, at 5* and level 40) anticipating that Clarine wouldn't either be part of the gauntlet, or that she'd get beaten. I've invested a lot of skills into my Clarine though, so I'm eager to use her for these fights, if only for the thrill of the battle. Running other healers at level 1 has me dreading a series uninteresting of fights.

Thing is, level 1 Clarine means you can just auto battle every 30 minutes, while level 40 Clarine could mean two healers on your side going against an actual team on the other. I'm planning on running Raven Cecilia as my lead for this. Imagine having two healers against her!

17 hours ago, Dual Dragons said:

Accepted!

Sent a request. I'm "Dual."

17 hours ago, wizzard of soz said:

sent requests to @Rafiel's Aria and @Alexmender, Heroes name is Faezer. goin' for Priscilla this time.

10 hours ago, Astellius said:

Sent a request!

No, that's not a good reason. You should support Priscilla, because Priscilla is best.

I don't think that anyone in this gauntlet has any overwhelming presence in terms of popularity. At best, it's Elise because feels in Fates. But I think Priscilla will beat Lissa.

9 hours ago, Korath88 said:

Sent a request!

Added! (Sorry for replying late)

I'm trying to figure out what healer to focus in the upcoming event. Not only so I have to level one ( had been using Wrys.) I have a +Def/-Spd Sakura or a +Def/- Res Priscilla they seen like the only 2 I have that have a slim chance of winning. Who would you go and how should I build?

2 minutes ago, Sleypnyr said:

I'm trying to figure out what healer to focus in the upcoming event. Not only so I have to level one ( had been using Wrys.) I have a +Def/-Spd Sakura or a +Def/- Res Priscilla they seen like the only 2 I have that have a slim chance of winning. Who would you go and how should I build?

Don’t doubt, join Priscilla! Best hair, best troubadour, best girl.

1 hour ago, Anime27Arts said:

While the Cyl poll is not the most accurate representation it is a a good one. 

Elise-8,962-30th

Sakura-7,782-40th

Lissa-5,279-52nd

Mist-1,581-167th (PoR)

Lachesis-1,394-188th

Mist-1,391-189th (RD)

Priscilla-1,334-192nd

Clarine-1,044-231st

Maria-278-454th(SD)

(There could be another Maria. I might have missed if someone finds it let me know)

Adding up Mist's totals she has 2,972 meaning she still stays bellow Lissa and the Fates duo.  While this is not exact, this is the number of people who thought of these characters as one of their favorites.  While the field of choices are smaller in the gauntlet,  these are still relatively fair to judge on.  While that multipler can make anything happen, these are still a decently accurate representation of who ranks where.

Of course, you have to figure in people who either really like Awakening, or for whom Lissa did not quite make the cut in the CYL. I didn't vote for Lissa in it. I was trying to limit my Awakening votes to about half until midterms came and I just went full Lucina support. Ironically, that kept me from voting for any non-Awakening characters since I voted for them first. I may have voted for Lissa had I just voted normally for Awakening characters (not sure though). I probably should have anyways, since the characters I was going to vote for from older games were mostly Smash characters and lords.  In any case, Lissa may not be people's favorite, but she has backing from one of the fanbase's favorite games. 

ouch, really that low for Maria? x'D I think the Lachesis and Maria battle will be quite close. I think people who are fans of Maria's siblings will be willing to jump on her side to.

Anyhow, this does feel like it's going to be an interesting gauntlet having a healer as a lead. I have a Lv40 Maria with no SI. Praying I won't get into a 3 healers vs a proper team battle. Hopefully the updated multiplier will be a positive improvement too. 

I am in Team Elise.  She was my first five star healer and first 40+ character.   She also was a work horse for me during the temple trails.   With her mobility, self heal, and surprisingly high attack, Elise can fight and support.  

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

There is. FE3/12 Maria is 589th with just 134 votes.

Alright. I'll add that. I figured she was but I was in a rush and couldn't find her. Thank you 

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Of course, you have to figure in people who either really like Awakening, or for whom Lissa did not quite make the cut in the CYL. I didn't vote for Lissa in it. I was trying to limit my Awakening votes to about half until midterms came and I just went full Lucina support. Ironically, that kept me from voting for any non-Awakening characters since I voted for them first. I may have voted for Lissa had I just voted normally for Awakening characters (not sure though). I probably should have anyways, since the characters I was going to vote for from older games were mostly Smash characters and lords.  In any case, Lissa may not be people's favorite, but she has backing from one of the fanbase's favorite games. 

See and I didn't get to vote but once otherwise I would've voted for her.  Each of the characters have votes that aren't shown on here but this is the amount of times these characters were thought of out of all of them,  thus meaning the ones up top standout.

1 hour ago, komasa said:

ouch, really that low for Maria? x'D I think the Lachesis and Maria battle will be quite close. I think people who are fans of Maria's siblings will be willing to jump on her side too.

Yea i thought so too. Weird isn't it?  She was a great healer for me in Shadow Dragon,  I even ditched Lenna and Wyrs for her.

10 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Nope, not biased at all.

I was referring to the number of views for the pages for those characters, so it's completely irrelevant what the site says. The trend is that the pages for Elise and Priscilla had more views than the other characters in the gauntlet since the gauntlet was announced. That's a different metric than looking at the forum, because only a small number of people actually post in a forum, while more people would look up information on the characters.

I also did some looking at search trends on Google. Out of the group, Elise is the most searched for, but Priscilla, Lissa, Lachesis, and Sakura are roughly similar in terms of search popularity since the announcement of the gauntlet. Mist, Clarine, and Maria round out the bottom. Priscilla and Lachesis received especial boosts to search popularity from the announcement of the gauntlet, and Priscilla has had the highest peak hours (except for Elise).

Looking at search popularity for longer periods than since the gauntlet, Elise is steadily in first, Sakura second, Lissa third, and Priscilla & Lachesis close together for fourth (Priscilla slightly higher), Clarine fifth, Mist sixth, and poor little Maria in last.

28 minutes ago, Astellius said:

I was referring to the number of views for the pages for those characters, so it's completely irrelevant what the site says. The trend is that the pages for Elise and Priscilla had more views than the other characters in the gauntlet since the gauntlet was announced. That's a different metric than looking at the forum, because only a small number of people actually post in a forum, while more people would look up information on the characters.

I also did some looking at search trends on Google. Out of the group, Elise is the most searched for, but Priscilla, Lissa, Lachesis, and Sakura are roughly similar in terms of search popularity since the announcement of the gauntlet. Mist, Clarine, and Maria round out the bottom. Priscilla and Lachesis received especial boosts to search popularity from the announcement of the gauntlet, and Priscilla has had the highest peak hours (except for Elise).

Looking at search popularity for longer periods than since the gauntlet, Elise is steadily in first, Sakura second, Lissa third, and Priscilla & Lachesis close together for fourth (Priscilla slightly higher), Clarine fifth, Mist sixth, and poor little Maria in last.

I was referring to the type of people that visit the site in the first place, and if you're going to look at stats, the wiki would probably come up first as if you look up "fire emblem heroes [insert character name here]" the wiki is the first thing that shows up and I don't think gamepress was even on the first page of results. I doubt there are many casuals that go there, and Priscilla was still pretty far down on the list.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I was referring to the type of people that visit the site in the first place, and if you're going to look at stats, the wiki would probably come up first as if you look up "fire emblem heroes [insert character name here]" the wiki is the first thing that shows up and I don't think gamepress was even on the first page of results. I doubt there are many casuals that go there, and Priscilla was still pretty far down on the list.

Usually, "fire emblem heroes [character name]" searches on Google yield the Gamepedia wiki as the first 2-3 followed immediately by the Gamepress one. So it should be getting regular traffic from casual players who are looking the characters up on Google, as well as the more active ones.

Also, the views for the gauntlet banner characters peaked when the gauntlet first came out, and I was only comparing their popularity relative to other members of the gauntlet. A new banner came out today, so of course they're now all going to be lower on the overall popularity. When the gauntlet was announced, Elise hit the #1 spot, and Priscilla was either in the top 5 or close to it. However, the trend I mentioned holds true even for today, despite the decline in views for all the clerics all around.

In any case, I never said any of this was dispositive, I only offer it as objective probative evidence in support of my speculations.

5 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Usually, "fire emblem heroes [character name]" searches on Google yield the Gamepedia wiki as the first 2-3 followed immediately by the Gamepress one. So it should be getting regular traffic from casual players who are looking the characters up on Google, as well as the more active ones.

Also, the views for the gauntlet banner characters peaked when the gauntlet first came out, and I was only comparing their popularity relative to other members of the gauntlet. A new banner came out today, so of course they're now all going to be lower on the overall popularity. When the gauntlet was announced, Elise hit the #1 spot, and Priscilla was either in the top 5 or close to it. However, the trend I mentioned holds true even for today, despite the decline in views for all the clerics all around.

In any case, I never said any of this was dispositive, I only offer it as objective probative evidence in support of my speculations.

Okay, I saw it this time. Anyways, I doubt Priscilla has the following to beat Lissa or Elise. I still hold that Elise (probably) vs. Lissa will probably be the true championship match.