Voting Gauntlet: War of the Clerics

Vaximillian

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after the update, I'm rank 296 on Mist and 4384 overall.  If Lissa overshoots us, that may give Mist another Multiplier next hour.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Well, after the update, I'm rank 296 on Mist and 4384 overall.  If Lissa overshoots us, that may give Mist another Multiplier next hour.

Im hoping that doesn't happen heh

PLEASE

PLEASE

I CHALLENGE MY FATE

3 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

That's what I've been saying. It's not really satisfying for an underdog to win anymore when the multipliers (now even bigger) just make for artificial competition.

(And I say this as someone who was vouching for Elise but joined team Sakura since I actually have her, and just did over 150k points per match during the 7.2 multiplier we just had. That was pretty absurd)

yeah, i was the same way with the Robin vs Tharja match last time. honestly i'd have been a bit upset if we won. artificial competition makes for an artificial victory and it's not satisfying )8 i'm not even sure what they're trying to do with the multipliers by inflating them even more. are they trying to unbalance everything or are they just seeing how far they can push it before things go out of whack..

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

i prefer the evil twin for comeback music >) 

Random thought, the idea of a "War of the Clerics" sounds a little weird when we consider that Clerics are first and foremost healers (except when you're trying to get them EXP ASAP in SoV- then they're precariously tossed into danger's way). 

We need healer overkill, or Overheal, to borrow the name of an Etrian Odyssey 2 skill. An Assist Skill (or Special or Passive that works with normal heal Assists) which like the EO version lets you give a unit bonus HP beyond their Max HP Cap that lasts for one turn. And while we're at it, EO also has Delayed Heal (command skill that heals everyone at the start of the next turn, but cannot be used consecutively), Chase Heal (heals one selected ally when they are injured), Artery (heal allies after they perform use up their action on this turn), and Final Gift (upon this unit being KO'ed, heals all allies).

A little more fun and variety for healers? Whatcha think?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Random thought, the idea of a "War of the Clerics" sounds a little weird when we consider that Clerics are first and foremost healers (except when you're trying to get them EXP ASAP in SoV- then they're precariously tossed into danger's way). 

Nuns and warfare do NOT mix!

24 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Which teams do you guys think will advance this round? What's the score?

Lady Priscilla's victory is assured at this point, as is the victory of Lachesis. I believe that Sakura will be the likely victor against Elise. She has a 180 mn point lead right now, and, the last hour, both teams hit the throttle hard, with Elise pulling 126.7 mn votes to Sakura's 77.8 mn. I think it'll go to Sakura, but we'll see...! As for Lissa & Mist, I think Lissa will likely trigger Mist's multiplier, but her gain might be so large that it won't matter. Who knows? That's the most turbulent round for these final hours.

20 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

*Huff* *Huff* I'm out of flags, but we did it!!! We've surpassed Clarine! Well done Team Priscilla!!!

We did well! I'm glad the Evil Multiplier God did not screw us.

Honestly, as much as I like how the bonuses at least don't make almost every other match a curbstomp, it makes me feel like any other future match will never reach the levels of Chrom v. Ephraim from the first Gauntlet. I know popularity will always differ between characters, but IS really should understand that a bonus isn't a true solution when making these gauntlets more "fair"

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Nuns and warfare do NOT mix!

Shut up, Seliph, you just don't have enough imagination.

2 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Yes, Lissa followers, give us the highest multiplier possible, we don't mind. Rofl, gauntlets are now so weird, I dare say stupid even.

Hey, let's make a popularity contest!  But try not to be to popular, then the hipster buff comes back to bite you.

This is so much more exciting than previous Gauntlets.

The old style was great for determining which character is the most popular, but it was terrible for actually functioning as a game mode. Now the mode actually has a reason to exist.

If you're annoyed about the multipliers, consider joining teams that will get more of them.

Edited by Othin

8 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm rooting for you Team Mist!

Do it for Tellius! Time to take down an Awakening character!

If Lissa loses, it won't be because of Mist, it will be because of the outlandish multiplier.

2 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Honestly, as much as I like how the bonuses at least don't make almost every other match a curbstomp, it makes me feel like any other future match will never reach the levels of Chrom v. Ephraim from the first Gauntlet. I know popularity will always differ between characters, but IS really should understand that a bonus isn't a true solution when making these gauntlets more "fair"

Indeed, they should just do a better job matching up characters with equal popularity. And get rid of the victory bonus.

I do like that this round they put Sakura and Elise against each other right away. Makes it more likely they'll burn through a good chunk of their feathers before facing someone else.

That said, I'm happy that there's at least now a possibility for it not to be a total curbstomp. If they want to gauge character popularity, they should just do another poll.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

The old style was great for determining which character is the most popular, but it was terrible for actually functioning as a game mode. Now the mode actually has a reason to exist.

If you're annoyed about the multipliers, consider joining teams that will get more of them.

I'm on a team that benefited from the multiplier, and I think it's a bad mechanic.

Just now, Robert of Normandy said:

Indeed, they should just do a better job matching up characters with equal popularity. And get rid of the victory bonus.

I do like that this round they put Sakura and Elise against each other right away. Makes it more likely they'll burn through a good chunk of their feathers before facing someone else.

That said, I'm happy that there's at least now a possibility for it not to be a total curbstomp. If they want to gauge character popularity, they should just do another poll.

Please, anything but another poll! Can we at least limit this one to one vote?

2 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I didn't read your post at all, but I just want to tell you that Minerva in your signature looks nothing like the actual Minerva in the games

2 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Only if it's one vote per character. Those "Rally ____" during the CYH event really did skew the results....

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I'm on a team that benefited from the multiplier, and I think it's a bad mechanic.

I concur. I feel more like a stockbroker than a fan caring about a character. The system is trash and I prefer the tedious Tempest Torture (fite me)

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

The old style was great for determining which character is the most popular, but it was terrible for actually functioning as a game mode. Now the Gauntlet actually has reason to exist.

If you're annoyed about the multipliers, start joining teams that will get more of them.

I get people didn't like seeing Lucina and Camilla absolutely blow out the first gauntlets, but I'd rather it stay an honest popularity contest than an artificial competition.

The gauntlet could use changes, but I don't think the multipliers was a very good answer.