Voting Gauntlet: War of the Clerics

Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

If Lissa loses, it won't be because of Mist, it will be because of the outlandish multiplier.

After having to watch in disgust at Camilla and Tharja winning, I'll take anything at this point.

Anything to get some dang entertainment out of these stupid Gauntlets. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Sentinel07 said:

After having to watch in disgust at Camilla and Tharja winning, I'll take anything at this point.

Anything to get some dang entertainment out of these stupid Gauntlets. 

Wait, so you weren't disgusted by Lucina?

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I didn't read your post at all, but I just want to tell you that Minerva in your signature looks nothing like the actual Minerva in the games

Dunno what you're talking about, I've played every game she's in and she looks fine.

It's based more on her FE3 design than her recent ones, so perhaps that's what's confusing you?

3 minutes ago, LiberatorMasurao said:

Welp. the gauntlet is almost over. I think we lost Team Elise. We had a good run I guess...now who should I join?

Don't lose faith just yet, we still have one hour. All we need to do is make sure we don't overshoot and give Sakura the 7.5x bonus

Just now, Robert of Normandy said:

Dunno what you're talking about, I've played every game she's in and she looks fine.

It's based more on her FE3 design than her recent ones, so perhaps that's what's confusing you?

Probably. I never played FE3. I was comparing it to the FE12 art

@Motendra

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I'm on a team that benefited from the multiplier, and I think it's a bad mechanic.

I miss the old gauntlet

Straight from go gauntlet

Chop up the soul gauntlet

Set on its goals gauntlet

I hate the new gauntlet

The bad mood gauntlet

The always rude gauntlet

Spaz in the news gauntlet

I miss the sweet gauntlet

Chop up the beats gauntlet

I gotta say, at that time I'd like to.... play gauntlet?

See I invented gauntlet

It wasn't ANY gauntlets

And now I look and look around there's so many gauntlets!

I used love gauntlets, I used to love gauntlets

I was even on team Leo I thought I was gauntlets

What if IS made a song about gauntlets

Called "I miss the old gauntlets"?

Man, that'd be SO IS!

That's all it was, IS

We still love gauntlets

And I love you like IS loves gauntlets!

5 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Indeed, they should just do a better job matching up characters with equal popularity. And get rid of the victory bonus.

Good luck finding eight characters that share a theme, come from different titles, and are actually close to each other in popularity every month.

I prefer our zany Blue Shell rules to the inevitable nature of every previous gauntlet. Even Chrom vs. Ephraim wasn't unpredictable like this.

Just now, SageOfAnys said:

Don't lose faith just yet, we still have one hour. All we need to do is make sure we don't overshoot and give Sakura the 7.5x bonus

I forgot about that, whoops, sorry ^^

TEAM ELISE BURN THOSE FLAGS -wisely- AND DO IT FOR OUR SWEET SWEET LITTLE CINNAMON ROLL!!!

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

Probably. I never played FE3. I was comparing it to the FE12 art

https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/File:FEMN_Minerva_01.png

http://safebooru.donmai.us/posts/1053678

Not a perfect match, but still.

3 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Who could be disgusted by Lucina? She's awesome.

Presumably more for her being the first of the "obvious winner who curbstomped everyone else in the gauntlet" characters.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

I get people didn't like seeing Lucina and Camilla absolutely blow out the first gauntlets, but I'd rather it stay an honest popularity contest than an artificial competition.

The gauntlet could use changes, but I don't think the multipliers was a very good answer.

There is absolutely no need for an entire game mode devoted to being a popularity contest.

Y'all are thinking about this the wrong way. The Gauntlet is a mode where the Heroes playerbase splits into eight teams to compete. Those teams each have a character as their face, because that's neat and it offers a way to get bonuses, but those characters aren't the point of the Gauntlet. It's about the teams and the players competing in them. To make that play well, it can't just be a popularity contest where the larger team wins. They can already hold popularity contests in a much simpler way, just by posting polls.

2 minutes ago, a bear said:

Good luck finding eight characters that share a theme, come from different titles, and are actually close to each other in popularity every month.

I prefer our zany Blue Shell rules to the inevitable nature of every previous gauntlet. Even Chrom vs. Ephraim wasn't unpredictable like this.

The first gauntlet would've been pretty fine if Lucina was replaced by Lissa.

7 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I concur. I feel more like a stockbroker than a fan caring about a character. The system is trash and I prefer the tedious Tempest Torture (fite me)

I liked Tempest the first 20 times I ran it.

7 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I get people didn't like seeing Lucina and Camilla absolutely blow out the first gauntlets, but I'd rather it stay an honest popularity contest than an artificial competition.

The gauntlet could use changes, but I don't think the multipliers was a very good answer.

I honestly think this would have been closer than past Gauntlets even without the multipliers.  The highest Poll character wasn't even in the top 10 this time.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

@Motendra

I miss the old gauntlet

Straight from go gauntlet

Chop up the soul gauntlet

Set on its goals gauntlet

I hate the new gauntlet

The bad mood gauntlet

The always rude gauntlet

Spaz in the news gauntlet

I miss the sweet gauntlet

Chop up the beats gauntlet

I gotta say, at that time I'd like to.... play gauntlet?

See I invented gauntlet

It wasn't ANY gauntlets

And now I look and look around there's so many gauntlets!

I used love gauntlets, I used to love gauntlets

I was even on team Leo I thought I was gauntlets

What if IS made a song about gauntlets

Called "I miss the old gauntlets"?

Man, that'd be SO IS!

That's all it was, IS

We still love gauntlets

And I love you like IS loves gauntlets!

Is that set to a song?

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Wait, so you weren't disgusted by Lucina?

I actually like Lucina. She's not of my favorites, but I do like her character and personality.

But that first Voting Gauntlet was like a wolf among sheep. They didn't put in any character that could at least pose a challenge to Lucina. Kind of boring in that regard.

21 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

I'm rooting for you Team Mist!

Do it for Tellius! Time to take down an Awakening character!

I know I am just being salty, but is it really taking Lissa down when she needed these multipliers to even being close to as popular as Lissa.

13 minutes ago, Othin said:

If you're annoyed about the multipliers, consider joining teams that will get more of them.

Um hello? Doesn't that ruin the point of supporting your favorite?  That clearly doesn't even change anything.  Sure I have sided with underdogs before and wanted them to win but I sure as heck would rather lose and it be fair than this last minute bull.  If they wanted 8 teams to fight like that then they would call it something else. The description literally calls it a popularity contest. 

Just now, Sentinel07 said:

I actually like Lucina. She's not of my favorites, but I do like her character and personality.

But that first Voting Gauntlet was like a wolf among sheep. They didn't put in any character that could at least pose a challenge to Lucina. Kind of boring in that regard.

Fair enough.

Welp, we overshot it. Our only hope is that we overshot it by so much that they can't make it up.

Well, Lissa really overshot, but the difference is like 800million, so even with the multiplier, that might not be overcome.

Just now, Anime27Arts said:

I know I am just being salty, but is it really taking Lissa down when she needed these multipliers to even being close to as popular as Lissa.

Um hello? Doesn't that ruin the point of supporting your favorite?  That clearly doesn't even change anything.  Sure I have sided with underdogs before and wanted them to win but I sure as heck would rather lose and it be fair than this last minute bull.  If they wanted 8 teams to fight like that then they would call it something else. The description literally calls it a popularity contest. 

Don't worry. Just remember that in the end, Lissa is in Warriors, Mist is not.