Voting Gauntlet: War of the Clerics

Vaximillian

12 minutes ago, Othin said:

There is absolutely no need for an entire game mode devoted to being a popularity contest.

Y'all are thinking about this the wrong way. The Gauntlet is a mode where the Heroes playerbase splits into eight teams to compete. Those teams each have a character as their face, because that's neat and it offers a way to get bonuses, but those characters aren't the point of the Gauntlet. It's about the teams and the players competing in them. To make that play well, it can't just be a popularity contest where the larger team wins. They can already hold popularity contests in a much simpler way, just by posting polls.

a popularity contest is exactly what the gauntlets are. Yes, there is a simpler ways to have them, but IS created this to have some fun with them. if these weren't popularity contests, there would be no need for a theme in each gauntlet, and they would just to have teams 1-8or A-H. besides, the rules explicitly state Cheer your favorite hero to victory!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I dunno, not sure if I'm willing to join with a traitor who left Minerva's little sister out in the cold like this.

Red hair is nice, though, so maybe I'll overlook this. Maybe.

I'm sure that, if Minerva and Maria are willing to forgive Michalis, that you may find it somewhere in your heart to forgive me. The Macedonian family should reunite! Under the banner of Priscilla!

2 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Hm, Priscilla or Lissa...?

Priscilla, obvs.

1 minute ago, Dual Dragons said:

This many matches later and still haven't gotten @Astellius's Est. I think there's only like five or so people in Team Priscilla for my friends. I don't get it.

I'm not entirely for the Feathers so I spent like 410 flags total for this round. Once for a multiplier. Kudos to Team Clarine for a nice match. Also reading @Clarine's posts was entertaining. What a well-spoken lady she is.

Sadly, with the multipliers in, it's not as exciting for me like with Chrom vs Ephraim. Being on Team Chrom, that match was so hectic. I've been spoiled.

Ha, yeah, it seems like I just get the same people over and over. Maybe she'll grace you the next round?

1 minute ago, DarkLordIvy said:

...For that I may reconsider.

you won't regret it ;)

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

They're all younger sisters. 

I know that was the whole joke

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

...So far, to be fair. Unlikely as it is she's make it in.

On the other hand, that 800 million is a big margin, but it's not impossible that they might make it over that. Has Mist gotten that much before?

The kind folks over at Reddit have started a google sheet that tracks gauntlet scores with things like graphs and charts:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qPm_kenHCEnycLJTt26hOKCH4CLOLPwVEdIpqNdPR9g/  <-super useful for reference

According to the section Data: Hourly Gain, the highest Mist has received is  550 million. I'd be impressed if you guys managed the comeback victory.

PEOPLE OF YLISSE

NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO FOOL AROUND

WE MUST MAKE FOR CERTAIN THAT TEAM MIST DOES NOT OVERTHROW US!

SPEND YOUR FLAGS LIKE THEY'RE FEATHERSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

You must have missed the news. A goof up more or less confirmed her, male Robin, and Lucina. Check the Warriors forum for details.

Read it on the main site, I was referring to the likelihood of Mist getting in.

Also, I note that more than once I had to deal with disadvantageous play where I had no unit with Triangle advantage. Good thing I have a Hector on the friend list who's on the same side. Such a wrecking ball.

(also, did anyone on Team Lissa get an MRobin with Reposition and RTomebreaker yet?)

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

PEOPLE OF YLISSE

NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO FOOL AROUND

WE MUST MAKE FOR CERTAIN THAT TEAM MIST DOES NOT OVERTHROW US!

SPEND YOUR FLAGS LIKE THEY'RE FEATHERSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So in other words, conserve them? o_O

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

So you're telling people to hoard them?

Well that is how I spend my flags AND feathers so

NO

AS SOON AS YOU GET 200 FLAGS, BLAST EM! (Like how one would promote a unit as soon as they get 20k feathers)

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Team Sakura's gains for the past three hours has been 54, 78, and 72 million.

Team Elise's gains for the past three hours has been 72, 127, and 173 million.

If Team Elise can pull 160 million his hour, we can probably win.

WE CAN DO THIS

Well, I only have 100 flags left, so I've done almost all that I can do.

6 minutes ago, Astellius said:

I'm sure that, if Minerva and Maria are willing to forgive Michalis, that you may find it somewhere in your heart to forgive me. The Macedonian family should reunite! Under the banner of Priscilla!

...well played, traitor. Well played indeed.

We'll see in the morning. though tbh it will probably come down to whether I want a losing battle against Elise or Lissa.

ok final post

MY FELLOW NOHRIANS WHO ARE PROWD TO BE KNOWN AS...NOHRIAN SCUM

WE ARE HERE TO DEFEAT HOSHIDO'S PRECIOUS LOLI TO LET OUR EUROPEAN (?) CINNAMON BUN DOMINATE THE CLERICS AND SOON, PERHAPS LISSA. LET US DOMINATE AND RAVAGE THE LAND SO THAT OUR NEW QUEEN COULD...I don't know...do stuff

FOR NOHR!

13 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

And I'm not allowed to call upon my dark and evil powers until the monthly autopay goes through on Friday!

Monthly autopay?

8 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Ha, yeah, it seems like I just get the same people over and over. Maybe she'll grace you the next round?

I do hope so! Someone's Eirika has taken over Vax's Sharena for most times now.

@Arcanite Well that certainly backfired on you, haha. I was going to reply the same--and I'm not even on Team Lissa

If Mist wins, it's team Priscilla for certain for me. If Lissa wins, I may consider joining her. Just want to know who can offer me powerful units for the upcoming matches. I'd be keeping my Lyn lead since nobody has asked me for a different lead (Reinhardt, Brave Bowdelia, Hector, etc.).

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Well that is how I spend my flags AND feathers so

NO

AS SOON AS YOU GET 200 FLAGS, BLAST EM! (Like how one would promote a unit as soon as they get 20k feathers)

Do you realize how indecisive I am on promoting? Though my promise to promote Lissa upon complete victory still stands.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Monthly autopay?

Being a dark lord comes with more strings attached than one would expect  

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Tithes from the mob.

The union is like a mob. 

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Do you realize how indecisive I am on promoting? Though my promise to promote Lissa upon complete victory still stands.

Then save your flags for the last round then! Hee hee~

GO LISSA!!!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!!!

As for anyone who is looking for a new team, Lissa would gladly welcome you with open arms. 

I mean look at that face!!! How could you not side with this cutie?!?! 

Edited by Anime27Arts

Just now, Robert of Normandy said:

...well played, traitor. Well played indeed.

We'll see in the morning. though tbh it will probably come down to whether I want a losing battle against Elise or Lissa.

Hehe, thanks! Barring multiplier shenanigans, Priscilla should win against Lissa. Priscilla regularly pulled in way more votes than Lissa. Lissa would get about 30-45 mn without the multiplier, while Priscilla was pulling 40-60 mn. So I think we'll win against Lissa and then lose against Elise. So do you want a winning battle against Lissa or a losing one against Elise?