Voting Gauntlet: War of the Clerics

Vaximillian

13 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Last time I just wasn't into it :P

And here I thought you were just here for your twin.

3 minutes ago, MiracleMuffin said:

As of now, yes. But Lissa has the multiplier, so it will probably bounce back to us getting the multiplier. It's literally going back and forth. In the end it'll probably come down to timing and who gets the last one, I suppose.

I do hope Prisci wins though, would be rad to see a non-3DS char in the finals. 

You realize that only one gauntlet had a final with 2 3DS characters, right?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MiracleMuffin said:

As of now, yes. But Lissa has the multiplier, so it will probably bounce back to us getting the multiplier. It's literally going back and forth. In the end it'll probably come down to timing and who gets the last one, I suppose.

I do hope Prisci wins though, would be rad to see a non-3DS char in the finals.

Oh, yeah, it's just that The_antithesis mentioned Priscilla having more supporters than Lissa. And I never even considered this a possibility.

Just now, komasa said:

Lead with your favourite ;) F*CK YEAH JAGEN!!

We got a higher score in the first hour for sure. Let's hope we don't get screwed by the multiplier.  

Really? That's amazing! This boucing multiplier sure make those things harder to predict ;)

Just now, Arthur97 said:

I would have been just as hype if I were on Team Elise, I just decided to go with my twin from the start because I didn't the last time

So I took my Elise hype and converted it into Lissa hype

FOR CHROM!

Just now, Arcanite said:

I would have been just as hype if I were on Team Elise, I just decided to go with my twin from the start because I didn't the last time

So I took my Elise hype and converted it into Lissa hype

FOR CHROM!

Does this mean you'll join Elise when if Lissa loses?

3 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Does this mean you'll join Elise when if Lissa loses?

It's a distinct possibility ;)

All I know is, I'm definitely not going to team Priscila heh

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

You realize that only one gauntlet had a final with 2 3DS characters, right?

True, but we have yet to see a non-3DS char win. So if Priscilla makes it to the final, then the possibility for that opens.

6 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

Oh, yeah, it's just that The_antithesis mentioned Priscilla having more supporters than Lissa. And I never even considered this a possibility.

While it's true that Awakening has a large fanbase, FE7 also has a good amount of fans. Priscilla seems to be a favorite on discord and reddit, so it's possible we might win this.

2 minutes ago, MiracleMuffin said:

True, but we have yet to see a non-3DS char win. So if Priscilla makes it to the final, then the possibility for that opens.

While it's true that Awakening has a large fanbase, FE7 also has a good amount of fans. Priscilla seems to be a favorite on discord and reddit, so it's possible we might win this.

But Elise will steamroll her and we both know it.

Also, don't take reddit or discord too seriously.

1 minute ago, MiracleMuffin said:

Considering Elise's support, I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. Team Elise has easily gotten the most points in the first hour of both rounds, so I'm pretty sure Priscilla isn't going to beat her on popularity. She might win because of the multiplier though...

I just went up against a team with 3 Healers.  Do the random enemies come from the units people actually use or the rep units?  I love Wrys, but sending him to your friends is a jerk move.

7 minutes ago, MiracleMuffin said:

The thing is, Ephraim loses because he is a man against a woman in a fandom that is mostly straight men, and simlarly, those men are too thirsty to be blinded with Camilla's boobs to see Minerva's coolness. 

If there is any character from older games that had chance to win  naturally (without the multiplier), it's the overrated beefcakes like Ike or Hector, which are not my type either. 

Again, the magic of the 7x or more multiplier during the last hour  may make character with small fanbase win, like, we did see many times in this gauntlet the smaller teams catching up because of the multiplier.

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

But Elise will steamroll her and we both know it.

Also, don't take reddit or discord too seriously.

I know that, lol

I'm not, it's just from observation. It's either Team Priscilla are just really vocal, or there are more players.

5 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Considering Elise's support, I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. Team Elise has easily gotten the most points in the first hour of both rounds, so I'm pretty sure Priscilla isn't going to beat her on popularity. She might win because of the multiplier though...

Oh, I'm aware of that. Elise is the real fan favorite, I was mostly talking about Priscilla's match up against Lissa.

4 minutes ago, MiracleMuffin said:

I know that, lol

I'm not, it's just from observation. It's either Team Priscilla are just really vocal, or there are more players.

Team Minerva was awfully vocal too, remember that.

However, I have noticed that we did not pick up as hardy of a lead. Now, maybe they're saving their flags, I don't know.

8 minutes ago, MiracleMuffin said:

Oh, I'm aware of that. Elise is the real fan favorite, I was mostly talking about Priscilla's match up against Lissa.

Priscilla got the lead first, which implies that there are more active players on Priscilla's team than on Lissa's. In Voting Gauntlet matches, the teams that get the lead first win the round (Elise and Priscilla got the lead first in round 2 so they're the most likely to go to the finals); the multipliers only make the matches closer and have yet to change a single outcome of a match so far - at least based on my observations.

Edited by Roflolxp54

7 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

The thing is, Ephraim loses because he is a man against a woman in a fandom that is mostly straight men, and simlarly, those men are too thirsty to be blinded with Camilla's boobs to see Minerva's coolness. 

If there is any character from older games that had chance to win  naturally (without the multiplier), it's the overrated beefcakes like Ike or Hector, which are not my type either. 

Again, the magic of the 7x or more multiplier during the last hour  may make character with small fanbase win, like, we did see many times in this gauntlet the smaller teams catching up because of the multiplier.

To be honest, I was on Team Lucina when the first gauntlet started, because she is one of my favorite characters in the series. However, since playing SS... I would have chosen Ephraim instead. Even if he didn't win, I wouldn't care. He's a badass in his own right, I hope he gets featured in another voting gauntlet again.

However, I wouldn't lump all Lucina fans in that category. I don't like Camilla, personally. My initial support was Cherche, but then she lost and I didn't want to support Cordelia. So, I went with Minerva. I've always preferred wyvern riders over pegasus knights.

I see your point, although I like Ike and Hector... and would probably join either team if they were in a voting gauntlet, lol.

The multiplier can either be a curse or a blessing, heh.

7 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Priscilla got the lead first, which implies that there are more active players on Priscilla's team than on Lissa's. In Voting Gauntlet matches, the teams that get the lead first win the round (Elise and Priscilla got the lead first in round 2 so they're the most likely to go to the finals); the multipliers only make the matches closer and have yet to change a single outcome of a match so far - at least based on my observations.

Interesting.

And Lissa is in the lead, but that could change within the next few hours if Team Priscilla slowly creeps up like with what happened against Clarine. 

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Vocality can only show so many numbers. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that most, if not a very substantial amount don't go out of their way to voice their opinions online and just keep to themselves. Thats me generally when it comes to.... just about everything else, tbh. I say this cause of all the things I'm into, FE is the only one with a forum that I actually come back to

@Arcanite After all, real G's move in silence like lasagna.

13 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

Lyn says hi. I also wouldn't sleep on Marth's or Roy's chances either because of Smash's popularity (especially Melee).

7 hours ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Joined Lachesis. Sorry, @Astellius. But I actually have a Lachesis in my barracks.

...Are we going to have a Macedonian betrayal yo-yo?

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Top 10 anime betrayals.

#10 @Astellius betrays Maria by originally siding with Priscilla.
#9 @Robert of Normandy betrays redhead brethren by siding with Lachesis, the one who slew Maria.

5 hours ago, Motendra said:

Onward to Priscilla, it seems #TeamRedhead

Excellent! I've already started getting Michalis again! Welcome aboard!

3 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Even team Lissa members acknowledge Priscilla's power!

Right on!

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Sleep is for squares, as I like to say heh

...Said the square!

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

But you are a square.

You, sir, are definitely a triangle! Est is my lead, so you know I'm definitely a triangle! #TrianglesAreBestShape #TrianglesForPriscilla

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m going Elise if Priscilla loses.

It's likely I'll do that too. Troubadour pride!

1 minute ago, Motendra said:

@Arcanite After all, real G's move in silence like lasagna

Funny thing is, the next lyric fits me perfectly heh

16 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

That was my favorite gauntlet of all time XD

7 minutes ago, Astellius said:

...Are we going to have a Macedonian betrayal yo-yo?

#10 @Astellius betrays Maria by originally siding with Priscilla.
#9 @Robert of Normandy betrays redhead brethren by siding with Lachesis, the one who slew Maria.

Excellent! I've already started getting Michalis again! Welcome aboard!

Right on!

...Said the square!

You, sir, are definitely a triangle! Est is my lead, so you know I'm definitely a triangle! #TrianglesAreBestShape #TrianglesForPriscilla

It's likely I'll do that too. Troubadour pride!

I have blondish red hair IRL.  Where do I fit in?  I'm like Corrin, torn between two Kingdoms.

As I write this I realize Nohr vs Hoshido is also blondes vs redheads.

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Lyn says hi. I also wouldn't sleep on Marth's or Roy's chances either because of Smash's popularity (especially Melee).

One could argue her sex appeal as well. Marth and Roy would probably clean up fairly well so long as there was no other Smash character.

11 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Vocality can only show so many numbers. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that most, if not a very substantial amount don't go out of their way to voice their opinions online and just keep to themselves. Thats me generally when it comes to.... just about everything else, tbh. I say this cause of all the things I'm into, FE is the only one with a forum that I actually come back to

@Arcanite After all, real G's move in silence like lasagna.

Exactly, Reddit can scream and holler all they want, but at the end of the day, the silent majority sides with the newer games...and Smash.

58 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

Really? That's amazing! This boucing multiplier sure make those things harder to predict ;)

Literally nothing that happens with the multiplier in the first 24 hours matters in terms of the final result.

All it comes down to is if the underdog is capable of getting the multiplier in the last couple hours and how much the favorite can rally to pull back ahead afterwards.

And as the Mist match shows, getting the multiplier in the second to last hour can cause your team to self-destruct because everyone in it for the feathers is going to be dropping flags for massive points.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I have blondish red hair IRL.  Where do I fit in?  I'm like Corrin, torn between two Kingdoms.

As I write this I realize Nohr vs Hoshido is also blondes vs redheads.

Well, like Corrin, you have a choice. You can either go to the evil kingdom of blondes ruled by demonic overlords, or you can side with truth, justice, and beauty by joining the redheads!

14 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

That was my favorite gauntlet of all time XD

Ah, the Minerva gauntlet truly was the best one!