Voting Gauntlet: War of the Clerics

Vaximillian

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that's just the nature of huge numbers, massive multipliers and then having periods where participating earns a measly 110 points without flags. Hell, even if you dump a bunch of flags at x1, compared to what the multipliers built, the amount of points moved is going to be pathetic. Tons of people need to be participating during down times in order to make a noticeable difference.

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

MEMBERS OF TEAM LISSA

WE MUST NOT LET TEAM PRISCILA THINK THEY HAVE POWER OVER US

IN THE NAME OF YLISSE

WE MUST CHALLENGE OUR FATE

Why are you referencing Lucina?

Edited by Arthur97

47 minutes ago, Astellius said:

...Are we going to have a Macedonian betrayal yo-yo?

The best kind of yo-yo.

Also, if somehow both Lachesis loses and Priscilla wins, I'll join you guys for the final. 

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Why are you referencing Lucina?

They're all in the same family right?

Same family

Same quotes

I CHALLENGE MY FATE

I think im just gonna say it for all gauntlets from now

5 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Erm, wrong gauntlet, that one happened awhile back.

Read above, pEst^

Gosh....didn't think the Prisicilla might win against Lissa. I haven't been on much due to FGO just coming out. I should probably spend some time supporting the Ylissian princess

1 minute ago, Kiran said:

Gosh....didn't think the Prisicilla might win against Lissa. I haven't been on much due to FGO just coming out. I should probably spend some time supporting the Ylissian princess

YES DO IT FOR YLISSE

@Arthur97 I just realized that your profile picture is Lucina anyway. Shouldn't you be happy that I'm using Lucina's quotes to stir the crowd? :PPPPPPPPP

Just now, Arcanite said:

YES DO IT FOR YLISSE

@Arthur97 I just realized that your profile picture is Lucina anyway. Shouldn't you be happy that I'm using Lucina's quotes to stir the crowd? :PPPPPPPPP

It's just a little odd. I mean, I like the quote, but it isn't very "Lissa," I actually considered changing it to Lissa briefly, but decided against it. 

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

It's just a little odd. I mean, I like the quote, but it isn't very "Lissa,"

WHO CARES

I CHALLENGE MY FATE

lol

I don't know much about Lissa's character anyway so you got me there :P

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I actually considered changing it to Lissa briefly

DO IT

@Astellius May I add you? Think I'm missing you from the Macedonians, unless I've added you before way back for Minerva's gauntlet.  

@Arcanite ... looks like we'll be enemies for this time round!!! THIS. MEANS. WAR!!!!!!

Is Lissa still getting the multiplier? Lissa's ahead atm, but Priscilla isn't far back enough to get one herself, we're doing some catch up here. 

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

It's just a little odd. I mean, I like the quote, but it isn't very "Lissa," I actually considered changing it to Lissa briefly, but decided against it. 

Eh, LIssa potentially saying that quote isn't any weirder than Elise saying "You're going down, scumbag!" Yet that's one of her crit quotes from Fates which they foolishly didn't bring back for Heroes though it still would've been unused anyways so whatever.

4 minutes ago, komasa said:

looks like we'll be enemies for this time round!!! THIS. MEANS. WAR!!!!!!

I sure hope you're ready to die, becaws Lissa has wings of no mercy!

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

Lissa is the only one who can actually become a War Cleric, so more reason for her to win!

Healers who can smash your face with axes for the win!

Lachesis can also smash your face with axes. And swords. And lances. And every other weapon type.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

Lachesis can also smash your face with axes. And swords. And lances. And every other weapon type.

But the name isn't as appropriate!

(okay you got me there i haven't played her game, but still War Cleric is a pretty baller sounding class name for a healer promotion)

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

WHO CARES

I CHALLENGE MY FATE

lol

I don't know much about Lissa's character anyway so you got me there :P

DO IT

Lissa's character?  A slight bit hurt but here you go.

Spoiler

Lissa initially comes across as an individual who looks upon the world with a naïve, simplistic outlook, a fact that is compounded by her seemingly spoiled and immature behavior. This is evidenced from her supports with both the Avatar and Donnel, where she pulls lighthearted pranks on the former, and becomes visibly upset when the latter displays an intellect superior to hers. In a rather conflicting light, Lissa is embarrassed of these traits of hers, as she perceives them as unbecoming of a noble lady. She has become rather insecure over her character as a whole, where she not just laments over her unladylike mannerisms, but also tries to emulate her sister. These quirks and flaws are, however, offset by her exuberant, optimistic attitude, one that is deemed crucial for boosting the army’s morale by Chrom. This is further bolstered by Lissa’s compassion, where her willingness to indiscriminately help anyone and befriend all whom she meets, as is the case with her friendship with Maribelle.

Another point of note is that of Lissa's manner of speech is similar to a commoner, rather than the typical speech of royalty. This allows her to connect better with the people in army compared to Chrom and Emmeryn. She jumps up the most out of anyone in the army and is the most likely to snort. Her birthday is March 6.

As for some quotes 

Spoiler

"Okay! I'll do my best. Together we can take whatever the bad guys throw at us." 

"I've still got a few tricks up my sleeve!"

"Ta-da! Do I look good or do I look GREAT?!"

Wooooo! I can't believe we did it!

You may look tough, but... Yeah, okay. You probably ARE tough. But I've faced deader things than you and survived! 

"What a loser!"

"Got'cha now!"

"My turn!"

"Don't forget me!"

"Have some of this!"

"You asked for it!"

"This one might hurt!"

"I may surprise you!"

"Clear a path, everyone!"

Hope that helps 

2 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

A slight bit hurt but here you go.

Sorry. Please forgive me!

I never played Awakening :/

3 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

Her birthday is March 6.

I have the same birth month as Lissa! That's cool I guess? XD

I appreciate this overview of her character! Gives me some good insight!

3 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

"What a loser!"

THIS IS ALL I NEEDED

PRISCILA THINKS SHE CAN GO AGAINST US!!??!?! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHEN WE COME BACK AND STEP ON HER AS WE DID AGAINST MIST!

WHAT A LOSER!

23 minutes ago, komasa said:

@Astellius May I add you? Think I'm missing you from the Macedonians, unless I've added you before way back for Minerva's gauntlet.  

@Arcanite ... looks like we'll be enemies for this time round!!! THIS. MEANS. WAR!!!!!!

Is Lissa still getting the multiplier? Lissa's ahead atm, but Priscilla isn't far back enough to get one herself, we're doing some catch up here.

Sure! 8608857766 and Astellius is my username. TOGETHER WE CAN TAKE DOWN THAT TREACHEROUS ARCANITE! PREPARE FOR BATTLE, ONWARDS TO VICTORY!

The rubberbanding of the multiplier has stopped, and now we're chipping away at Lissa's lead. I missed all the multipliers so far!

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

PRISCILA THINKS SHE CAN GO AGAINST US!!??!?! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHEN WE COME BACK AND STEP ON HER AS WE DID AGAINST MIST!

WHAT A LOSER!

Of course Priscilla can take on that filthy Ylissean scum otherwise known as Lissa. My Lady Priscilla shall ease your pain... by granting you a swift death! Prepare to be trampled under the righteous hooves of our beloved troubadour!

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Literally nothing that happens with the multiplier in the first 24 hours matters in terms of the final result.

All it comes down to is if the underdog is capable of getting the multiplier in the last couple hours and how much the favorite can rally to pull back ahead afterwards.

And as the Mist match shows, getting the multiplier in the second to last hour can cause your team to self-destruct because everyone in it for the feathers is going to be dropping flags for massive points.

I agree for the most part. The only thing that matters in the first 24h is that, if the multiplier bounces too much between both teams, making their points sky high, we'll probably get less multipliers in the second day, when the multiplier is higher. It also gets harder for the losing team to catch up, since they can't take over their oponent in a single hour anymore.

I'm kinda curious if the optimal choice for the losing side of the gauntlet (by number of supporters) wouldn't be for everyone not to spend single flag in the first day and get behind a lot, ensuring many multipliers in the last 24 hours.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I have blondish red hair IRL.  Where do I fit in?  I'm like Corrin, torn between two Kingdoms.

As I write this I realize Nohr vs Hoshido is also blondes vs redheads.

That moment when you realize, as a brown haired person, that the only brown haired healer in the franchise might be... Moulder.