Voting Gauntlet: War of the Clerics

Vaximillian

Just now, Lemmy said:

the last hours are the only times you should spend on team elise, if you want her to win. the rubberband is neutralizes any benefit of early and midgame flags.

You can only spend 400 flags per hour, and we get an absurd number of flags. There are enough flags to go around to spend a few hundred on earlier multipliers to bulk up your score before the end.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You can only spend 400 flags per hour, and we get an absurd number of flags. There are enough flags to go around to spend a few hundred on earlier multipliers to bulk up your score before the end.

while it helps you, it doesn't help the team. but it doesn't hurt it either. 

Why? (6.4x multiplier to rub salt in the wounds)
Screenshot_20170630-120501.thumb.jpg.8bbd0ee954a7f3f8c8bbf141e18967b7.jpg
Spoiler Alert: I lost.

Edited by Falcom

4 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Just because the bonus can go as high as 7.5x doesn't mean you should expect that will happen. It not happening isn't a reason to hate the gauntlet. Besides, the gauntlet is simply an in-game event in which to earn one of the in-game currencies. Why the hell do you hate free feathers?

Ever since this game came out people have done nothing but complain about every single aspect of it. "Promotion costs too many feathers." Here are a bunch of free feathers and a gauntlet for earning more. "The gauntlet is stupid because the popular characters keep winning." Here is a stupid comeback mechanic. "The bonuses didn't make a difference, the popular characters who more people supported still won." Here is an even more stupid comeback mechanic? Oh and how was that other new game mode for earning a whole bunch of other things like free Orbs, Feathers, Seals, and even a 4* and 5* character? "It was too boring, we don't like grinding for things, and the free character doesn't have skills."

Yeah, i'm gonna have 3200 flags for the final round because I waited for the larger bonuses but there weren't very many.

I don't expect it, and I still hate it for being a boring mess of an event that feels random in its outcome. I don't hate free feathers as well, don't jump several steps ahead in the logical sequence. Also, me complaining on one aspect of the game doesn't mean I complain about everything; of course you will have someone that dislikes any single aspect (most of them at the very least), because we are quite diverse people playing this game and not everyone has the same tastes; don't let that make you assume that people only complain. When something is nice, more often than not, there is no need to state it. Unfortunately for me, the gauntlet is really badly designed, not at its core, which is a nice idea and diversion to standard play, but is simply unappealing in its execution. I haven't cared a single time since its inception about who will win, but how I can have more feathers, when I kinda feel it should be the other way around. And now, even that aspect has become ludicrously inflated, taking the last bit of fun out of it, making me hate it. At least in Tempest Trial I had a feeling of control and better rewards.

Reminder: Light's Blessings can be used here, so if it's a crucial multiplier and the team looks like they can muscle through with a few extra lives, it might be worth doing (it's not like Light's Blessings are worth much, anyway). Dunno if triple Lachesis could have won the above without at least one Pain on the team, though, as even though Azama and Subaki don't have very good Res, Azura's is very high.

22 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Reminder: Light's Blessings can be used here, so if it's a crucial multiplier and the team looks like they can muscle through with a few extra lives, it might be worth doing (it's not like Light's Blessings are worth much, anyway). Dunno if triple Lachesis could have won the above without at least one Pain on the team, though, as even though Azama and Subaki don't have very good Res, Azura's is very high.

None of them had pain. I had to rely on their high attack stat. They nearly killed Subaki though.

As for Light's Blessings, I have none. They haven't been giving any for quite some time and I'm wondering why.

5 minutes ago, Thane said:

So uh, Lissa is losing to Priscilla (literally who?) by just a little bit. Do you wait and hope for multipliers or do you just burn flags now?

Wait. Without a consorted effort, we won't overtake her.

So uh, Lissa is losing to Priscilla (literally who?) by just a little bit. Do you wait and hope for multipliers or do you just burn flags now?

There Will probably not be a multiplier.  Id use them

17 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

How long before Lachesis gets another multiplier? If it isn't soon, we just may win this...

Would it really be a win though when you needed a handicap to achieve it? If you ask me, it would be about as legitimate as someone winning a game of Mario Party when that person started the game with a 5 star handicap. Which is to say, not at all.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Wait. Without a consorted effort, we won't overtake her.

Even though the lead is so small? Come on, man, I've played through Priscilla's game and I don't even remember the first thing about her! Literally who!

Just now, Anime27Arts said:

There Will probably not be a multiplier.  Id use them

I'm confused.

Just now, Thane said:

Even though the lead is so small? Come on, man, I've played through Priscilla's game and I don't even remember the first thing about her! Literally who!

I'm confused.

I remember her, but as I said earlier, impressions are usually about all I take away from older characters.

I'm saying that we need to essentially stop to get a multiplier which is about the only way we'll win at this point. As for why Lissa is actually losing, I'd say Elise sucked up a lot of the 3DS fans much like Lucina did for Chrom in the first one.

10 minutes ago, Thane said:

I wanna answer that, but would trust me? :)

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Would it really be a win though when you needed a handicap to achieve it?

It would. The rules have been set from the start, finding the best strategy is up for the player base :)

Edited by r4v1sh

14 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

How long before Lachesis gets another multiplier? If it isn't soon, we just may win this...

According to one predictive spreadsheet I've seen (found on the FE Heroes subreddit), team Elise's lead is just barely narrow enough to prevent them from giving team Lachesis a bonus in the final round. I've found it a bit conservative in its predictions though. If team Elise manages to outperform the predictions by just a bit, we might get a final hour bonus. I think either outcome has a reasonable chance of occurring right now.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I'm saying that we need to essentially stop to get a multiplier which is about the only way we'll win at this point. As for why Lissa is actually losing, I'd say Elise sucked up a lot of the 3DS fans much like Lucina did for Chrom in the first one.

Oh I know what you mean, it's just that you both said two different things. Conflicted might be a better word; I'm new to this game and don't know what to expect out of this, and Lissa deserves to at least reach the final battle!

1 minute ago, r4v1sh said:

I wanna answer that, but would trust me? :)

Sure!

27 minutes ago, The_antithesis said:

It's very iffy that Elise will even gain enough points to give Lachesis the multiplier again at all. Elise's gains against Lachesis have been in the 70-100 million range for the past 12 hours or so, and Lachesis needs to fall another 1 billion or so in the next 9 hours to get a final hour multiplier (which means Elise needs to average a gain of about 110 million per hour).

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Would it really be a win though when you needed a handicap to achieve it? If you ask me, it would be about as legitimate as someone winning a game of Mario Party when that person started the game with a 5 star handicap. Which is to say, not at all.

A win is a win if the rules say it's a win. Simple as that, really.

8 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

It would. The rules have been set from the start, finding the best strategy is up for the player base :)

Except if the entire point of the gauntlet is to determine which of the 8 characters involved is the most popular. At least to some degree, IS does view the gauntlet as a popularity contest. If they didn't, then why would they have this line in the notification for the gauntlet: "Which of these eight healers will prove most popular?" Lachesis is most definitely not more popular than Elise ergo she does not deserve to win over her in the context of a popularity contest.

Oh I know what you mean, it's just that you both said two different things. Conflicted might be a better word; I'm new to this game and don't know what to expect out of this, and Lissa deserves to at least reach the final battle!

Sure!

I've been looking at the points growth for a while (like, 8 hours or so) and if it keeps up the pace, there won't be another multiplier coming. I don't think Lissa can make it, so I'd actually tell you to save your flags for the last round, but if you really wanna fight it up to the last minute, then spending would be your best bet.

10 minutes ago, Thane said:

I'm confused.

To tell you the truth, I remember Priscilla much more because of this video than her actual in-game persona. But really, mine is more of a case of troubadour preference than anything else
I was teamclarine from the start, but hush, don't tell anyone

20 minutes ago, Ildanach said:

According to one predictive spreadsheet I've seen (found on the FE Heroes subreddit), team Elise's lead is just barely narrow enough to prevent them from giving team Lachesis a bonus in the final round. I've found it a bit conservative in its predictions though. If team Elise manages to outperform the predictions by just a bit, we might get a final hour bonus. I think either outcome has a reasonable chance of occurring right now.

If Lachesis gets a last-hour bonus to win it'll be pretty lame. I still don't get why so many people were upset that the heroes that had the most support were winning. I'm not that invested in these events, but just from a general mechanics stand-point, changing it from "support your favorite hero to help them win!" to "Support your favorite hero and cross your fingers that either rubber-banding saves your or doesn't screw you!" seems like a trade down. Also, the combo of not getting the bonus points for their over-all score because they never get the bonus AND losing out on the winning bonus in feathers would be a one-two punch against Elise supporters.

Ironically, they put in the multiplier to give less popular characters a chance to win, but I bet if less popular characters actually do win, there will be such an outcry from supporters of more popular characters that they will change it back. Especially if it were to happen this round, then again in the next.

Edited by Beddlam
correcting typo

8 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

I've been looking at the points growth for a while (like, 8 hours or so) and if it keeps up the pace, there won't be another multiplier coming. I don't think Lissa can make it, so I'd actually tell you to save your flags for the last round, but if you really wanna fight it up to the last minute, then spending would be your best bet.

No! I refuse to believe Lissa has lost! It shall be the Americans who decide the fate of this gauntlet in the final hour. I have not lost hope in you yet! Come on, you freedom-loving bastards, vote for Lissa!

24 minutes ago, Ildanach said:

So... It's basically a 50/50 shot. Everyone on team Lachesis, stop using flags!

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

No! I refuse to believe Lissa has lost! It shall be the Americans who decide the fate of this gauntlet in the final hour. I have not lost hope in you yet! Come on, you freedom-loving bastards, vote for Lissa!

Ahem, even I as a die-hard Awakening fan sees the writing on the wall. It may be time for a Yllisean-Elibean alliance.