Voting Gauntlet: War of the Clerics

Vaximillian

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Thany said:

Never have i seen such a huge Thany fan before. Makes me really happy to see such devotion. Thanks for notifying me on that.

Well than you would be happy to know that Thanny also had all but 3 possible skills learned. That's like tens of thousands of SP worth of skills.

1 hour ago, lilacshadows said:

I never once got your Est, I always got @Hawk King's Camus. Anyone get my Julia?

I never did get that Julia. There were 3 different units I got, just like what everyone else is saying. Looking at my friends list, all three of them were above you on the list so it probably takes the top 3 friends on your list who have joined the same team as you did.

Damn, I finished 1050 for Total Rank so I got a total of 9,900 feathers for the gauntlet. I was like 980 with an hour to go. I unfortunately had to use 830 flags without a multiplier, but I have a pretty good idea of how to maximize my score for the gauntlet. I will be looking forward to putting my strategy to the test next time.

3 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

I never did get that Julia. There were 3 different units I got, just like what everyone else is saying. Looking at my friends list, all three of them were above you on the list so it probably takes the top 3 friends on your list who have joined the same team as you did.

Doubtful. I'm fairly sure Astellius was above Lord-Zero on my list. In fact, Lord-Zero is so low, I don't know how he'd manage to be my third Team Priscilla friend.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Doubtful. I'm fairly sure Astellius was above Lord-Zero on my list. In fact, Lord-Zero is so low, I don't know how he'd manage to be my third Team Priscilla friend.

Hmm, well it certainly seems to pick only 3 people because I noticed this for the last gauntlet as well. I wonder how it determines who you get.

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

Hmm, well it certainly seems to pick only 3 people because I noticed this for the last gauntlet as well. I wonder how it determines who you get.

At any rate, neutering a) the purpose of having a large friendlist and b) the capacity to play with a variety of other people's units both seem like subtle ways to lessen the fun of the Gauntlet. Hope the next one is a little better in that regard.

But of course, the multipliers are a bigger deal.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

But of course, the multipliers are a bigger deal.

The multipliers are fine. They make uneven battles appear fair without actually tipping the scales in favour of the underdog.
This is not a bad thing. Playing as Eirika in the second round of the first gauntlet wasn’t exactly exciting, you know.

Whoever scores a lead first has a larger playing fanbase and will eventually win the round.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

The multipliers are fine. They make uneven battles appear fair without actually tipping the scales in favour of the underdog.

Whoever scores a lead first has a larger playing fanbase and will eventually win the round.

I mean publicity-wise. Before this conversation, how many people knew about that particular intricacy of the friend unit, let alone cared enough to want it to be the next change?

Just now, Vaximillian said:

It's not a guarantee though. You saw how close the final came. If the bonus had happened two hours later Priscilla would have won.

7 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

At any rate, neutering a) the purpose of having a large friendlist and b) the capacity to play with a variety of other people's units both seem like subtle ways to lessen the fun of the Gauntlet. Hope the next one is a little better in that regard.

Being able to choose which friends units you get, or even being able to sort them to change their priority would be really nice.

9 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Arggh. I be both a goddess and a pirate. 

Oddly enough, I didn't get her at all during the final round. I was usually partnered with a Minerva, Ike, or Celica! The Celica was a pro. She managed to take out a Triangle Adept Robin for me. 

Also my final feather count for the final round was over 5000! I ranked in the top 2000 for Priscilla's team and the top 10,000 overall! (But just barely. I'm surprised I didn't get pushed out.) 

Arggh, ahoy me matey! That thar be a nice haul o' booty! Yar booty be a lot bigger than mine! Er, that came out wrong.

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:
Thanks to this voting gauntlet, we now have this. (source)
9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

This gauntlet also gave us this (clickable for source):

Those are cute!

10 hours ago, komasa said:

Aaaah well that's that!! At least I got the feathers needed to 5* Liliana <3 

@Astellius I didn't get your Est either :'( Next time!! I hope we get to be on the same side again! I  how the matchups are decided, I got someone's Ike a lot in the last round.

Alas, yet another Est-less person to add to the list! It would be nice if we could have some say in which friend ally to use, I think that would be pretty fun! And hopefully we shall meet again on the same team!

@Astellius I'm just gonna point out that I got your Est

Regardless of results, I can rejoce in the fact that feather output from these events has been the sole reason I've been able to promote to 5* at all. 'Course, now the choice is of whom to promote next. As far as favorites go, Navarre comes to mind, but hmm.....

Do we get that reward package (the free 10 orbs and 10,000 feathers) now that this voting gauntlet has concluded? I thought we would have received them by now.

Edited by Leif

38 minutes ago, Leif said:

Do we get that reward package (the free 10 orbs and 10,000 feathers) now that this voting gauntlet has concluded? I thought we would have received them by now.

They've always taken a day to get them to us. So it should be coming at tonight's reset.

3 hours ago, Hawk King said:

if there is, it would be 999,999. There is no way the cap is 99,999.

I can confirm it is not 99,999. The highest I have gotten is around 190,000 something.

Here is a picture for proof:

Spoiler

4t276G2.png

Edited by XRay

On 03/07/2017 at 4:43 AM, Arcanite said:

@Frenzify

Your male robin was following me around this whole gauntlet! He wouldn't leave me alone!

Lol. I kind of wish I was more active here then, to chastise you for going against the supreme Cinnamon Roll.

8 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

Lol. I kind of wish I was more active here then, to chastise you for going against the supreme Cinnamon Roll.

Except they were on Team Elise.