Voting Gauntlet: War of the Clerics

Vaximillian

I thought Sakura would get the multiplier this hour, but she's just barely too high. Which is fine, since it just means it'll count for even more when it does show up. If this goes well enough, Elise might not have the chance to catch up afterward. ...Unless it passes the multiplier right back to her, since that's happened a few times. Even if that gives Sakura yet another multiplier, I don't think we'll have enough flags by then to make good use of it.

Edited by Othin

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I thought Sakura would get the multiplier this hour, but she's just barely too high. Which is fine, since it just means it'll count for even more when it does show up. If this goes well enough, Elise might not have the chance to catch up afterward. ...Unless it passes the multiplier right back to her, since that's happened a few times. Even if that gives Sakura yet another multiplier, I don't think we'll have enough flags by then to make good use of it.

Would Sakura get over 800 million with the multiplier?

5 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

I've never played New Mystery. I think you may have just spoiled something for me...

The only Michalis I know would kill his baby sister.

Er, spoiler? To be honest neither have I, but I did some research after reading where he said he died in his lv. 40 conversation.

3 hours ago, Astellius said:

Come on Team Priscilla! Our lady needs our strength! If we rally, and sally forth with all our might, we shall be able to close the gap and seize the victory that is rightfully ours! That villainous and evil troubadour otherwise known as Clarine employed the weltering dark magic of the multiplier to pass us, but lose not your hope! The margin is not so great as cannot be surmounted--but we need to pour our strength into our battles now! We've averaged 50 million votes per hour, and we need to continue to do so if we wish to defeat that villainous Clarine! No multipliers are possible for the rest of our bout, so, if you, like me, have been saving your flags, you should start spending them! It is time for the final march upon that monster. I just spent my first 200 flags, and I'll spend all 1,410 of my remaining flags, if necessary. Your lady needs your strength, now more than ever!

For Lady Priscilla! Do not let that terrible tyrant Clarine thieve away our righteous victory from us with her dirty tricks!!! Onward, to battle! Victory shall be ours!

Oh, um, hey Clarine! *Ahem* Didn't see you there. I definitely didn't just finish a tirade calling you some sort of shifty villain that must be destroyed. Nope! That would be terribly weird. *glances around* Welp, off to battle!

Ha ha, fret not, for I shall bestow you my full support. But please, you simply must dismiss such notions as I must say: the true evil are the denizens of such an army. I control not of these uncouth ruffians and wish for their downfall; my sole reason for being a member among this army is for my loyalty to @Johann. In fact, I must confess; I have not being partaking in skirmishes during the recent hours as I see no true reason to. May you see this as... my support. Strike down my army and you shall have my gratitude!

But of course, @Johann, you simply must inform me of your next team—for I wish to accompany you once more.

I say, Intelligent System should simply relinquish such a multiplier system. It truly taints the main aspect of the event.

6 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Would Sakura get over 800 million with the multiplier?

I'm sure she will. The multiplier should be over 7x by now.

She'd need to get over 1.5 billion with the multiplier to give it back to Elise, which might not be too much of a stretch either. Hmm.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

90 million with 4 hours to go. Can we do it for our lady?

If you do, I'm changing my profile picture to a sprite of your own choice of Priscilla for a month 

Edited by Arcanite

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

If you do, I'm changing my profile picture to a sprite of your own choice of Priscilla for a month 

Careful. It's like 99.9% gonna happen.

21 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm pretty sure Team Elise can make up the difference even if Team Sakura pulls ahead for the lead. I'm pretty sure more than a few of us are hoarding flags for multipliers hoping that maybe Team Sakura could have made it happen just a few more times.

I know I have 1,210 flags lying around that I can burn in the last three hours should Sakura get a bonus at the next hour.

I'm on Team Lissa.

Paired up with an Olivia and an Elise while I'm using Clarine. Going against a Sanaki, an Ephraim and a Lyn. Just got from a losing battle with a Lissa, an Olivia and my own Clarine against Celica, Ephraim and Ninian. 

Someone said on a different thread that Arthur's perpetual bad luck was unrealistic. I would beg to differ.

5 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

I'm on Team Lissa.

Paired up with an Olivia and an Elise while I'm using Clarine. Going against a Sanaki, an Ephraim and a Lyn. Just got from a losing battle with a Lissa, an Olivia and my own Clarine against Celica, Ephraim and Ninian. 

Might I ask, just why are you using Clarine as a member of the Lissa Army? Truly, I am ever so curious. Such is simply a strange choice, no?

7 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

I'm on Team Lissa.

Someone said on a different thread that Arthur's perpetual bad luck was unrealistic. I would beg to differ.

If you want to add me, I currently have Reinhardt up front for people to use, but I can change it if a different one is needed. My friend code is 2667371554 if you would like it. Heroes name is Kimber.

17 minutes ago, Clarine said:

Might I ask, just why are you using Clarine as a member of the Lissa Army? Truly, I am ever so curious. Such is simply a strange choice, no?

Because Clarine is my only trained colorless unit and I was using her to complete the voting quests for more flags. I honestly forgot she was one of the other contestants in the voting gauntlet until I actually paid attention.

EDIT: Thanks @Anime27Arts. If you see someone named Kurando, it's me. I think I'm going to change my lead between Xander, Cecilia or Michalis. 

Edited by saisymbolic

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If Mist loses, not sure who I'll support.  Who's winning the other matches?

https://support.fire-emblem-heroes.com/voting_gauntlet/tournaments/4

Right now it's Lachesis, Elise, and Sakura. however Sakura has the multiply and the other two are kinda close.

4 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

https://support.fire-emblem-heroes.com/voting_gauntlet/tournaments/4

Right now it's Lachesis, Elise, and Sakura. however Sakura has the multiply and the other two are kinda close.

I love how the real battle is Sakura vs Elise as that already cracked the 6-7 billions while the others are only as far as 2-3 billion. XDDDDD

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

Doesn't matter. He killed his own daddy. And he likes Maria because she is weak and submissive to him. If she suddenly had something he wanted, he would take it.

Besides, if you marched Maria up to him in SD you would have a dead Maria.

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

I've never played New Mystery. I think you may have just spoiled something for me...

The only Michalis I know would kill his baby sister.

J5xuzFg.jpg?1

There is an archive on this very site explaining his entire character right here.

Spoiler

Michalis had his reasons for everything he did, even if they were inexcusable (that he, himself acknowledges). However, for all things that he committed, sending away Maria as a hostage to Dolhr was the only thing that he ever regretted, despitr being willing to sacrifice anything for his end goal.

After Maria saved him from the brink of death he spends the entirety of the game on a road of repentance by saving Minerva (who struck him down in the first place) from a coup & leaving her in Marth's care so he could rescue Maria--who was kidnapped and to be sacrificed to a reviving Medeus by Gharnef-- and dies trying via fatal wounds from Gharnef. Right before passing on, he entrusts Marth with the Starlight tome that he stole from Gharnef and pleads that he forwards his wish to Minerva and that they save Maria

Spoiler

Exclusive to New Mystery, he can actually survive and join Marth's Army, via Minerva reaching the village he's in first. 'Course, he leaves after the war without a word to Maria, despite her one wish being that the three of them can be one happy family again. He claims that he no longer has the right to speak with her after everything he's done.

Edited by Motendra

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If Mist loses, not sure who I'll support.  Who's winning the other matches?

You could join the lovely Team Lissa with me and my twin!  We would gladly welcome you with open arms!

1 hour ago, Clarine said:

But of course, @Johann, you simply must inform me of your next team—for I wish to accompany you once more.

I say, Intelligent System should simply relinquish such a multiplier system. It truly taints the main aspect of the event.

Hmm... well, I like the underdogs, and I don't have Elise, Sakura, Lachesis, or Priscilla, so I expect I'd probably end up on Team Lissa since I don't know if Mist or Maria can make it (I'm not observing the other matches). Which of the characters do you have? After losing my choice character, I'd really just be in it for whatever can get the largest feather payout. Though I would say the easiest way to get feathers while minimizing the effort (that is, fewer battles) is to just go with the likely winner.

Also I think the multiplier is interesting, it certainly gives the underdogs a chance and adds some dramatic tension to the whole affair. I do think they could add a few other touches to spice things up though, even if just the battles themselves. I would also like it if they let you use characters closely associated with the team's leader (ie: Klein, Raven, etc) and get the same or partial bonuses.

Pretty glad I saved most of my flags for the multipliers. Used 200 for the 6x multiplier and 400 for the 7k ones. Have any of the other clerics even come close to these two in sheer number of points? Because it seems like whoever wins this particular round is going to win the whole thing.

This is really a nailbiter, I'm loving this. They seem evenly matched but I'm not going to claim victory, this could go either way and Sakura is still the underdog for certain.

And I'm always for the underdog.