Voting Gauntlet: War of the Clerics

Vaximillian

8 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

10% gap I believe.

With 3 hours remaining, I'd rather not count on the multiplier, considering how close the two are. 'Sides, I got flags to spare so its no skin off my backĀ 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Johann said:

Hmm... well, I like the underdogs, and I don't have Elise, Sakura, Lachesis, or Priscilla, so I expect I'd probably end up on Team Lissa since I don't know if Mist or Maria can make it (I'm not observing the other matches). Which of the characters do you have? After losing my choice character, I'd really just be in it for whatever can get the largest feather payout. Though I would say the easiest way to get feathers while minimizing the effort (that is, fewer battles) is to just go with the likely winner.

Also I think the multiplier is interesting, it certainly gives the underdogs a chance and adds some dramatic tension to the whole affair. I do think they could add a few other touches to spice things up though, even if just the battles themselves. I would also like it if they let you use characters closely associated with the team's leader (ie: Klein, Raven, etc) and get the same or partial bonuses.

Oh? Of the characters from the Voting Gauntlet: Clarine, Lissa, Priscilla, Sakura, Maria and Lachesis are members of my barracks. But I must agree, expanding the bonus Heroes feature would be a most splendid idea!

honestly, i think they need to get rid of either the flags or the multiplier for future gauntlets. these are supposed to be popularity contests. with both, its too easy for the less popular one to stay close, and potentially pull an upset.

1 minute ago, kei rosen said:

honestly, i think they need to get rid of either the flags or the multiplier for future gauntlets. these are supposed to be popularity contests. with both, its too easy for the less popular one to stay close, and potentially pull an upset.

I'll take that over IS including characters who are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more popular than everyone else and then curbstomping over and over.

We've had 3 gauntlets in a row where obvious winners have walked all over everyone else. We need an upset, dammit.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

90 million with 4 hours to go. Can we do it for our lady?

@Arthur97Ā @Hawk King, go and play New Mystery right now. Shame on you!

Yes! Of course we can. We're only trailing Clarine by a margin of 50 million. We should overcome her after the 10 pm EST hourly update! We've manage a strong showing this evening, and it will pay off. I even changed my profile pic in support of our fine lady!

37 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

If Mist loses, not sure who I'll support.Ā  Who's winning the other matches?

You simply must join Lady Priscilla, for ours is a just and noble cause! The destruction and domination of all who dare stand before us...! Our Lady is most fair and kind, you would be most welcome amongst our ranks!

52 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Wonder if I should save in case it happens or just spam feathers in the meantime....

Yes... yesss.... YESSS...!!! It has begun!!! I believe this is the first instance of this happening for this gauntlet, the first of (I hope) many more instances of feather flags. At this point, it's tradition that we have a lot of people spending those feathers in these threads!

25 minutes ago, Johann said:

Also I think the multiplier is interesting, it certainly gives the underdogs a chance and adds some dramatic tension to the whole affair. I do think they could add a few other touches to spice things up though, even if just the battles themselves. I would also like it if they let you use characters closely associated with the team's leader (ie: Klein, Raven, etc) and get the same or partial bonuses.

I want this, too.

They really should've introduced that feature here and saved the multiplying multiplier for next gauntlet.

Also, Antithesis, I've sent the invite.

2 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I'll take that over IS including characters who are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more popular than everyone else and then curbstomping over and over.

We've had 3 gauntlets in a row where obvious winners have walked all over everyone else. We need an upset, dammit.

I had hopes that Robin could have pulled off a win in the final multiplier. Didn't work out in the end sadly.Ā 

Doesn't look like Sakura's lead is going to hold, but regardless, I'm happy with how this turned out. Going for underdogs really does pay off.

BeJ1NDc.png

Damn, Lachesis just shot way ahead. Though if I might go down, I'll go down fighting!

3 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Yes... yesss.... YESSS...!!! It has begun!!! I believe this is the first instance of this happening for this gauntlet, the first of (I hope) many more instances of feather flags. At this point, it's tradition that we have a lot of people spending those feathers in these threads!

They need to get rid of flags so that I'll never make this mistake again.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

90 million with 4 hours to go. Can we do it for our lady?

@Arthur97Ā @Hawk King, go and play New Mystery right now. Shame on you!

Care to point me to where I can even get it...in English?

Uh oh, Mist got a multiplier. Not sure if she can make up the difference, but if she does, this might be close.

2 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

And once again, I join a thread late.

Aaaaanyways, even though I'm a diehard Elise fan, props to Team Sakura for closing that gap. Just don't get used to the lead :P

Well, we've got till midnight, so something can always happen.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Well, we've got till midnight, so something can always happen.

In what time zone? It ends at 10 PM for me. (CDT)

Edited by Robert of Normandy

Just now, Robert of Normandy said:

In what time zone? It ends at 10 PM for me.

I just looked at the link to the official time in Japan or whatever zone PDT is in, and converted it to EST. So for them its 8:59 PM, but for me, it's 11:59 PM.

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

I just looked at the link to the official time in Japan or whatever zone PDT is in, and converted it to EST. So for them its 8:59 PM, but for me, it's 11:59 PM.

Well, whatever it is, it ends in less than 2 hours.

Did you forget about daylight savings? I think that would put you in EDT, not EST.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Daylight Savings already? Damn.

Yeah it's a bitch to keep track of. March 12 to November 5 according to le Google.

Edit: If Team Mist can pull of a win I'll be ecstatic that the final isn't Fates vs. Awakening.