Voting Gauntlet: War of the Clerics

Vaximillian

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Lissa hasn't had a multiplier in hours, don't expect one now.

I just hope it isn't too much for us to catch up.  My anxiety can't handle a last minute switch 

Oh my, it appears the Priscilla Army will emerge as the winner.

Simply splendid! I believe I shall celebrate such an event with a cup of tea.

11 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

THERE'S THAT TEAM MIST MULTIPLIER!

I have mixed feelings about that.  I'd be happy to win, but not like this.  I would be more annoyed if we had a victory taken from us in this fashion more than I would be happy from winning this way.

So how's the rest of Team Elise going about Sakura's lead? Normally I would start throwing (some) flags, but considering I'm finally on the team with the most people, would it be better to hold off and not overdo it?

10 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

They need to get rid of flags so that I'll never make this mistake again.

At this point, it's tradition that we have people doing that in the threads! I hope it continues!

9 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

So Sakura is trailing ahead by about 200 million. Wonder if Elise will be able to pull off a comeback in the remaining time we have left?

That match will be quite close! I'm secretly rooting for Sakura, and she has a really good chance. Elise's peak performance is about 120 million, and Sakura has been getting about 40 million for the last few hours. If Elise goes all in and gets 120 the whole time for the next three updates, she could retake the lead. If Sakura goes all in, she could pull a surprise upset! Wow!

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Care to point me to where I can even get it...in English?

Uh oh, Mist got a multiplier. Not sure if she can make up the difference, but if she does, this might be close.

I believe it's against the forum's policy to provide links for such things. But it shouldn't be hard to find such a site if you just search for it on google.

6 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

So how's the rest of Team Elise going about Sakura's lead? Normally I would start throwing (some) flags, but considering I'm finally on the team with the most people, would it be better to hold off and not overdo it?

Eh, I'm choosing to throw out 400 flags this hour and depending on how the score looks at 9 might burn another 400. Until I see otherwise, I'm not confident we can close this gap without spamming flags with what little time we have left.

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I have mixed feelings about that.  I'd be happy to win, but not like this.  I would be more annoyed if we had a victory taken from us in this fashion more than I would be happy from winning this way.

I'm mostly happy for a chance to boost my score and get some more of those sweet sweet feathers. You have a good point though, we are definently in danger of overzealousness with the multiplier. 

In more amusing news, my current rank has made me a part of a squad. 

Spoiler

untitled_by_darklordivy-dbeedhd.png

4 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I'm mostly happy for a chance to boost my score and get some more of those sweet sweet feathers. You have a good point though, we are definently in danger of overzealousness with the multiplier. 

In more amusing news, my current rank has made me a part of a squad. 

Hide contents

untitled_by_darklordivy-dbeedhd.png

Depending on how many other Misters used flags, I might be able to crack the top 1000 after it updates on the hour, which would be nice.  I guess we'll see what the score's looking like in about 15 minutes.  I've still got about 500 Flags left, and I don't expect to see another Multiplier, unless we start getting some crazy swings in the last couple hours.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Can someone remind me whether the last hour is 'hours left: 1' or the next one?

It means that there's less than 2 hours remaining (like 1:59 left).

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

If it says Hours Left: 1, that means it is the second-to-last hour of the round if I'm not mistaken. You know'll when it's down to the final hour when it changes to Minutes Left.

Edit: Ninja'd

Edited by Tybrosion

6 minutes ago, Res said:

I had assumed I was too late for this, but I am not! I just joined Sakura's team.

Oh, hey, nice to see you back again.  How's the battle of the Fates sisters going?

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

The countdown lists the number of full hours remaining. So, it currently says 2 hours left, at the turn of the hour, the scores will update. Then it will say 1 hour left, and, at the top of the hour, the scores will update and then it will display minutes. So the last hour displays a minutes countdown, and the second to last hour will say 1 hour is left.

49 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I'll take that over IS including characters who are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more popular than everyone else and then curbstomping over and over.

We've had 3 gauntlets in a row where obvious winners have walked all over everyone else. We need an upset, dammit.

i do agree that IS failed in having character who was way more popular than the others, however,giving crazy multipliers to create upsets is not the way to go. i think of it this way. People are racing a marathon. person A is the favorite. person A is leading with a one mile to go, when they are forcefully stopped, letting the others racers surpass them, leaving them to try to play catch up. that is pretty much what the crazy multiplier can do in the late hours.

1 minute ago, kei rosen said:

i do agree that IS failed in having character who was way more popular than the others, however,giving crazy multipliers to create upsets is not the way to go. i think of it this way. People are racing a marathon. person A is the favorite. person A is leading with a one mile to go, when they are forcefully stopped, letting the others racers surpass them, leaving them to try to play catch up. that is pretty much what the crazy multiplier can do in the late hours.

I won't hear any more words against Mario Kart