Voting Gauntlet: War of the Clerics

Vaximillian

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Solunar said:

There's something I can't seem to wrap my head around. Say you're increasing at a rate of 100 million per hour on votes for a team. For calculation purposes, let's just say nobody has the character. So if you go minimum vote which is 100P, it's safe to say there's about 1 million people voting for that side. If everybody smacks the x100 (10,000P) on the flags, how does the score not increase by x100 and turn into an increase of (10,000 mil/10 bil). 

I know there isn't 1 million ppl voting for a side (I actually have no idea what the numbers are), but arguably, if the rate of Elise is 500 mil an hour, if they all used their flags x100 or x200, shouldn't that sky rocket their score? 

Please tell me what I'm missing here. Am I doing some math horribly wrong? Or are there people on each team spending their flags randomly each hour.

There are a lot of stupid people who just spend as many flags as they can every hour. After the first hour, the top 50 are all tied with 44,000 points (400 flags spent) and after every hour the top scores are still filled with people who spent the max # of flags every hour. By the time the later multipliers come around, thousands of people have already spent all of their flags. And then there are those who just happen to miss it, or fail to do 2 battles per hour. Of all they players of this game only maybe 10% check internet forum boards and really learn all of the ins and outs to the game.

But yeah, theoretically, both sides should have been able to do 10 billion + with their last bonus hours.

though Elise definitely deserves the win, i kinda wish Priscilla or one of the less populars would've won because then maybe IS would abolish this rendition of the multiplier system. idk they are pretty good at listening to the community anyway so even without an upset hopefully they'll try some more changes again.

Well, my estimation that Priscilla wouldn't be leading by this point turned out to be incorrect. The poor girl is literally clinging to the lead by a hair with only a difference of about 2,771,897 (Elise gained on her by about 171,185,309).

I can't really rag on the multipliers when they haven't given anyone a win yet. The outcomes have all been decided by the number of people on each team. I'd like to see the whole system shift a little more to your performance in battle, possibly a scored thing like Tempest but perhaps with different parameters. Defending your leader's unit in unique maps would be cool too.

16 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

though Elise definitely deserves the win, i kinda wish Priscilla or one of the less populars would've won because then maybe IS would abolish this rendition of the multiplier system. idk they are pretty good at listening to the community anyway so even without an upset hopefully they'll try some more changes again.

It changes almost every time, so don't expect it to stick around.

Congrats Team Elise. In the end we weren't able to hold the lead.

3 minutes ago, Johann said:

I can't really rag on the multipliers when they haven't given anyone a win yet. The outcomes have all been decided by the number of people on each team. I'd like to see the whole system shift a little more to your performance in battle, possibly a scored thing like Tempest but perhaps with different parameters. Defending your leader's unit in unique maps would be cool too.

That would just alienate people. As it is, the voting gauntlet is an easy distraction that anyone can do with minimal effort. Honestly, the favorite should win.

It may not have made a difference this time, but this current multiplier system will eventually cause upsets in future gauntlets. There were a lot of really close calls in this one.

I honestly can't wait for the gauntlet to be over, not because I'm not enjoying the game mode or anything. I just really really want those feathers so I can get the next promotion on my list over and done with! This next hour and a half is crawling by!

not only could it cause an upset, but it ended up discouraging people from playing and spending flags for fear of triggering a multiplier for the opposing team. when it gets to that point, i don't think it's a good mechanic..

Overall, I think the multiplier has been a positive element. People of the "no multiplier" camp complain about the possibility of a less popular candidate winning but so far it hasn't happened. What the multiplier has done is close the gap and make things more involved than it would be without it. Maybe Priscilla could have pulled ahead with the right timing, maybe not. The point is, uncertainty is an essential component in a competetive event. Had it been absolutely certain that Elise would win (instead of just highly probable), the event would be completely devoid of tension.

Oh well. Team Priscilla put up a good fight. It's not looking too hot for us. If we had managed to trigger the multiplier one more time, we might have actually done it. (Even so, Elise probably deserves to win since she is the more popular character objectively speaking.)

But I still feel like a winner. Even without the winner's feathers, I'll be racking in about 4900 feathers for this round. Over 10k feathers just for this event alone. I'm loving it!

There needs to be like, a score decay or something to deter people from not playing. People would just choose to not play so that the other team doesn't get a multiplier, while the losing team also doesn't play so they get the multiplier faster.

39 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

That would just alienate people. As it is, the voting gauntlet is an easy distraction that anyone can do with minimal effort.

Cuz it's so much fun as it is, right?

9 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

There needs to be like, a score decay or something to deter people from not playing.

Yup! And all the people who are actually busy with Life get messed up!

Edited by Arcanite

23 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Overall, I think the multiplier has been a positive element. People of the "no multiplier" camp complain about the possibility of a less popular candidate winning but so far it hasn't happened.

People that complain about the multiplier aren't all upset about a less popular character winning, hell, I'm one of them and I don't care if the less popular person wins. This is my problem:

35 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

not only could it cause an upset, but it ended up discouraging people from playing and spending flags for fear of triggering a multiplier for the opposing team. when it gets to that point, i don't think it's a good mechanic..

Yeah sure it's just a dumb game, but it doesn't change the fact that people want to win. Not getting a chance to participate because that's what's best for the team at the end of the day isn't really fun, and while it won't harm my enjoyment of the game overall, it still sucks that what used to be a fun, monthly event just becomes me staring at the screen waiting until it's safe for me to play.

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

Yeah, lots of people like it. 10,000+ free feathers is fun.

Barring the results of voting rounds themselves, people are only excited for feathers. Everybody stops talking about the actual battles pretty fast, since they're repetitive and you can cheese 'em pretty easily.

3 minutes ago, Johann said:

Cuz it's so much fun as it is, right?

At the end of the day, the guantlet is as stressful as you make it. Opinions are opinions and whether or not like you or dislike a character doesn't hurt anyone or anything. A character's popularity has very little to do in the grand scheme of things. Whether or not Lucina wins by a landslide, barely wins because of the multiplier, or loses, there are still going to be a TON of people that love her (and also hate her). Same goes for any character. :3 Priscilla will always be my second or third fave.

The mechanics of the gauntlet can certainly be improved upon, and IS has proven that the developers want to find a way to please the majority of people. Personally, I like this event because it doesn't take any extra stamina. I can still work on other quests and whatnot while it's going on. Meanwhile, the Tempest just ate away at my resources...

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Yup! And all the people who are actually busy with Life get messed up!

I actually didn't play much at all this Gauntlet lol.

I'm not saying individual scores should decay, but the overall camp score should decrease or something if participation is low.

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Meanwhile, the Tempest just ate away at my resources...

If anything the tempest only gave me resources XD

What did you lose in tempest? Maybe a few stamina potions but I was still able to get everything fine and I only used 4. I maxed out 3 merits during that time!

It appears that there is no exception: whoever gets the lead first... wins the gauntlet matchup. Elise vs. Sakura is no exception... and Elise vs. Priscilla is no exception.

1 minute ago, SageOfAnys said:

People that complain about the multiplier aren't all upset about a less popular character winning, hell, I'm one of them and I don't care if the less popular person wins. This is my problem:

Yeah sure it's just a dumb game, but it doesn't change the fact that people want to win. Not getting a chance to participate because that's what's best for the team at the end of the day isn't really fun, and while it won't harm my enjoyment of the game overall, it still sucks that what used to be a fun, monthly event just becomes me staring at the screen waiting until it's safe for me to play.

Not all but many dislike it just out of principle. "The Voting Gaunlet should be a straight popularity contest" is a frequently voiced sentiment.

I don't know about you but I'm still able to use all my flags. I do hope for a multiplier but if there isn't one, I plan around having enough time to use them. If multipliers are a factor, there is some strategy in choosing when to throw flags down.