Voting Gauntlet: War of the Clerics

Vaximillian

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's official Elise has won I got my 500 bonus feathers and barely got 2700/2600 feathers rank (because all the multipliers happened while I was asleep I only got 1/2 of two multipliers) ended up at 1800 total feather rank. Overall not too bad once I get my arena earnings I'll be able to upgrade someone.

Edited by Locke087

4 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

2500 + 1300 + 2600 + 3100 = 9500 feathers total from gauntlet.

I only got 5k and now I have 18k so still can't make a 5 star. *Cries miserably*

Well the evil pigtails prevailed in the end, no suprise, but all I really care about is that I finally got the feathers needed to get Soren Life and Death 3 at long last!

Edited by DarkLordIvy

1 minute ago, Altina said:

I only got 5k and now I have 18k so still can't make a 5 star. *Cries miserably*

Don't worry. You'd probably get your 5-star promotion as soon as tomorrow (Arena season ending).

Well, it was a valiant battle, but it seems that the Nohrians have emerged victorious. Good job my fellow members of Team Priscilla! We showed the world that us Elibeans are a force to be reckoned with!

And I only got something like 6.3k feathers due to missing all but one multiplier hour.

Just now, Roflolxp54 said:

Don't worry. You'd probably get your 5-star promotion as soon as tomorrow (Arena season ending).

Well yeah, I guess I could wait till tomorrow ^_^ yay!

So did everyone pretty much get stuck with a few consistant allies?

All my games had either an Ike, Chrom, or Lucina, and I mixed out my friends list to compensate for me not having any mages.

27k feathers now. Tempted to promote Nino right away, but I'll probably need to wait for the double SP weekend to get her all the required skills, so I think I'll wait for now. Also, I need to see the upcoming GHBs first because if Lyon or Berkut are coming I may end up postponing Nino's promotion.

Also, how does one go 3 rounds without getting to use @Astellius or @Dual Dragons reps even once?

Edited by Korath88

I didn't even expect Priscilla to make it to the final round so I can't be too displeased with the result. Still hoping to see a non-Awakening/Fates character win one of these, though.

Well done, on both sides. Special thanks to Ice Dragon, some guy/girl named Ashwhx, and some other guy/girl named Nova (I actually only "know" 2 people on my filled up friends list, the latter two listed could be randos who found me through the Arena/other gauntlets for all I know), whose Peri, Julia, and Ephraim (respectively) showed up for me the most. I hope Olwen came in handy as well.

2 minutes ago, Astellius said:

And I only got something like 6.3k feathers due to missing all but one multiplier hour.

Let's cry together!

I started with like, 26k and ended with 33k. I collected hm as well as other feathers in between that too so it's not exactly accurate

Even so, 33k feathers is 7k away from 40k! Woo hoo!

1 hour ago, NekoKnight said:

You can tell me it's less satisfying to win because of a multiplier when it actually happens. I had hope for Priscilla to pull a victory out of the jaws of defeat until the very end. Without the multiplier, I'd just roll my eyes, spend all my flags and wait for the event to end.

There's already been multiple people on the losing teams saying had they won just due to a multiplier-enabled upset it wouldn't have felt deserved. I'd call that less satisfying.

And really, the main point was also that since it hasn't actually caused any upsets (besides Priscilla over Lissa, I'd say) all the multiplier has really accomplished is making being on the winning team worse and worse for feathers.

I'd just like to see gauntlets be as fun and heated(kinda) as the first one again, and the multiplier doesn't seem be doing the trick. That's all. I'm seeing progressively less fanart and interest as they go on, which is a shame. There were some good memes back then.

Whoop! Best cinnamon roll Elise won! Well played Team Priscilla, that was a wonderful battle

Still though, I'm a bit peeved that out of this entire Gauntlet I only got about 5 or 6k feathers

9 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

All my games had either an Ike, Chrom, or Lucina, and I mixed out my friends list to compensate for me not having any mages.

I constantly got the same Hector or Camus every single match. Wonder if that means only a couple people on my list were on team Elise.

11 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Well, it was a valiant battle, but it seems that the Nohrians have emerged victorious. Good job my fellow members of Team Priscilla! We showed the world that us Elibeans are a force to be reckoned with!

indeed. gg wp. it's a damn shame though i never once got your Est. )8

i notice a lot of other people saying they kept getting the same allies in the gauntlet, i wonder if IS changed something because i only got someone's Ryoma, someone's Effie, and SoyBoy's Celica, and Alexmender's Minerva the whole time...and in the final round i never once got Alexmender's Minerva. i'm pretty sure a good bit of people on my list were Priscilla..

No asinine multiplier was ever going to deny Nohr of yet another glorious victory! Elise, your older siblings are going to be so proud of you! Better luck next time, red-haired Nanna. You at least have Raven to help you get over this crushing defeat assuming he isn't too busy with Lucius that is. Thanks for the great ride, all of my fellow Team Elise comrades! @Ice Dragon and @Bartozio, your Peri and Camus respectively were excellent and served me very well over the course of the gauntlet. Hopefully my Eldigan was of great help to you as well. Maybe now Elise will be more willing to come home to me and the rest of her siblings after all this effort I put in for her probably not but I can still dream dammit.

Final Round Score / Total Score: 332,100 / 693,700
Army Rank / Total Rank: #23,774 (2,300 feathers) / #56,657 (1,400 feathers)

Edited by Tybrosion

Final Results:

Round 1 (Priscilla): #957
2,500 + 500

Round 2 (Priscilla): #3,308
2,100 + 500

Round 3 (Priscilla): #256

Total Score: 1,949,860
Total Rank: #3,353

Total Feathers: 11,700

I don't think I have it in me to get up at 4am and stress out over multipliers again.  If the system is mostly unchanged next time, I may just have to settle for lesser rewards.    

Thanks to the following friend units that helped carry all my battles:

Spoiler

peNJMrh.png

FPkqxWt.png

xz6Qr0u.png

5tWLmtA.png

Ryoma was probably the most reliable, but my favorite was @Raven's Tiki.  I'm almost tempted to go green sniping on the summer banner...almost. 

Other cool units and builds I found the rankings of team Priscilla:

Spoiler

TeHEoQG.png

4Sj0O2H.png

EebnrlE.png

idp5dxp.png

GBOpM6T.png

EUuZF6f.png

iDBNz7r.png

lrceZvV.png

3AJXkxr.png

WuoY0K4.png

mg1PUS7.png

ZRpZNgz.png

(Wouldn't normally be interesting, but I got paired with him once)

Edited by DLNarshen

15 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

All my matches pretty much had a Ryoma or Lucina, friend ally or not, for me which was really annoying for the quests. At least the Ryoma I got the most had Reposition, made cheesing some tough battles a lot easier.

I really should friend people on SF when a Gauntlet comes around.

Well done, Team Elise it was a fine battle.

Special thanks to @Arcanite for their continued support of Team Priscilla to the end(they even vowed to make Priscilla their avatar for a whole month! Now that's dedication!).

Also, your favorite character won,  @Thane Congrats!

6 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

There's already been multiple people on the losing teams saying had they won just due to a multiplier-enabled upset it wouldn't have felt deserved. I'd call that less satisfying.

And really, the main point was also that since it hasn't actually caused any upsets (besides Priscilla over Lissa, I'd say) all the multiplier has really accomplished is making being on the winning team worse and worse for feathers.

I'd just like to see gauntlets be as fun and heated(kinda) as the first one again, and the multiplier doesn't seem be doing the trick. That's all. I'm seeing progressively less fanart and interest as they go on, which is a shame. There were some good memes back then.

I think it was going to cool off even without the modifier. The first gauntlet was exciting because it was new and Chrom x Ephraim. The next one was just jokes about Camilla roflstomping the competition. The third one was an even more muted version of the second, this time with Tharja as the probable winner. Priscilla vs Lissa was also a closer match with very little interference from the modifier but it didn't get nearly as much attention as Chrom x Ephraim. People are just losing interest in general.