[FE10] Radiant Dawn Draft, Third Times the Charm

Sturm

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part 1 - Chapter 1: Maiden of Miracles.

Turns - 4/8

This one took a bit longer to figure out than I initially thought, at first I was just going to kill the fighter adjacent to Isaiya and escape from that square. However I noticed that Nolan and Leo were exactly one damage short of killing Isaiya, so considering how hard it is to feed Leo exp I wanted to try to get Nolan a level up with strength so I could feed the boss kill to Leo. Getting Nolan a level up in so short a time was not so easy though, especially as enemies tend to favour attacking the others over him. The solution was to use Eddy to block the fighters from attacking Leo on turn two and allowing Nolan to just barely level up as a result on turn three EP. As for the fighters attacking Nolan over Eddy that seems to be quite random, my guess would be that while Nolan is stronger, Eddy has WTA and also is in better Biorhythm so they don't really favour attacking one over the other. Anyway the result was a nice 70 exp for Leo :newyears:, #worth.

On a side note, it's kind of funny to think that were this hard mode Nolan and Leo would be able to kill Isaiya at base due to Nolan not losing one damage because of WTD, sort of a curious quirk that he would actually be easier to kill on a higher difficulty.

Also does anyone know how you make the nice tables with the unit's stats?

No, it wouldn't be fair I think, too much randomness. Titania/Jill with strength/speed transfer would be a pretty much insurmountable advantage for example.

1-p 4/4

Im pretty sure we will all have about the same prolouge, except that my Micky's first lvl up was booty. Ed weakened Micky killed, except the first kill that Ed Crit.

1-1 4/8

Pretty normal, Nolan went and tanked, Ed weakened Micky killed. Man I can't wait till Nolan starts doubling.

1-P 6/6
Took a few more turns to feed micky more kills as my DB consists of her, Sothe, Meg, and Maurim. She needs it. She got some speed and magic, so I’ll take it.

1-1 7/13
Never realized how annoying this was with only Micky and Nolan. Same as before, go a bit slower to get Micky more kills.

1-2 7/20
Could be an 6 turn but Micky could only get to the Thani on turn 7 after killing the myrmidon and Sothe didn’t crit the boss for EXP. With shove strats Laura can reach on turn 6 but I think Thani is worth that extra turn. Sothe basically soloed the top floor, while I choked the point to the left of the start with Nolan and Micky. Still feeding more to Micky

1-3 8/28
Not too mad at myself here, things went rather smoothly. Kurth and Aimee both ended up dying so I lost some BEXP, and I didn’t steal the Discipline scroll from the boss. (Which I may regret later, but it’d cost a turn and I’ve already lost a ton of turns). I did recruit Aran by leaving Laura behind a bit while the others escaped (TIL escaping units BEXP so everyone but her and Aran escaped which’ll help). I recruited Aran for the sleep staff he gets in a base convo with Laura later (I forget if he gets anything else). Maybe could’ve 7 turned it but too many units one shot Micky and despite really good level ups was just missing some KOs with Thani so Sothe had to slow down and cover her.

1-4 8/36
Not much I can do here to lower it. Micky is OHKOd by Tigers. Sothe has to get all the treasure, notably the Beastfoe which costs a turn. Maybe if I skipped the gold chest but I’d rather have that gold. Meg got 2 BEXP levels and 1 from the enemies so she and Micky could KO a tiger with EP+Thani+Steel Sword. Beastfoe has 5 uses left. Also forged Sothe a knife to help with the next map. 

1-5 6/42
Gave the Angelic Robe to Micky. Really got HP screwed more than usual. Wish I could’ve given it to Meg but that’d be a luxury. Got spirit dust from Aimee and gave it to Micky. Holding onto the Dracoshield and Energy Drop. Sothe kills the boss on turn 3, but apparently that doesn’t stop reinforcements and only Volug can reach the top left with all the 1-2 range enemies on time, which he can’t kill on EP. Meg gets a level and Sothe caps strength. I don’t think a 5 turn is possible if rout even ends the map with the Green units wonky AI and Meg getting 3HKOd by everything and Micky getting 2HKOd by most.

1-6 Part 1 10/52
First part was a nightmare. Not because of the difficulty, but because of the reinforcements. Sother can’t be everywhere at once, and Meg still can’t kill anything, despite being level 10. Retreat AI hurt and I’d need to rig some Kard crits to shave a few turns. Got the Arms Scroll though. Meg also hits B in Swords. Sothe breaks both of his forged daggers (Gladius) which also loses maybe two turns. He’d need probably 3 more to get through both parts of the chapter, and I don’t have that money. 

1-6 Part 2 6/58
Sothe gets Wrath to OHKO the boss with a Kard crit. Bit rng heavy with some dodges but mostly rng secure. Maybe can turn 5 but wonky boss AI with the zone reinforcements. Micky and Meg deal with leftover fighters and 1-2 cavs as Sothe heads for the boss. 

Level HP Strength Magic Skill Speed Luck Defense Resistance
Micaiah 12 26 4 20 11 12 18 2 13
Sothe 7 36 22 4 24 21 18 14 11
Meg 11 27 11 2 9 13 15 11 7

Overall I'm lagging a bit more than I'd like to, but without Eddy, Nolan, Volug, Zihark, Jill, and even Aran, I'm doing decent. With Maurim joining next hopefully the next few won't be too bad but I still dread chapter 8. Gonna hold off until the draft is done as the final round is reversed and there's a chance I may end up with another DB unit and don't want to go too far.

Edited by FireLeafRuby

bastian and astrid

ch1-2 7/19

took a good amount of tries due to nolan being very inaccurate although i did appreciate his support now tht i have to go without it.im not looking forward to the next couple of chapters

Edited by gabethegreen

Had to goto work earlier but now im home.

1-2 8/16

Now I could have done it in 5 but the RNG decided that would put me to far ahead. Well that and I took an extra turn to grab the power drop. Nolan and Micky cleared out the enimies, sothe grabbed all the chests, Ed just kinda protected Laura.

1-3 8/24

Fed Laura the Draco Shield, fed Nolan the Energy Drop. Micky and Laura both get one hit so Nolan and Sothe had to do most of the work. Sothe Crit killed the boss so no discipline. Kurth also managed to survive, and I recruited Aran cause one less enemy and Laura was near him. Now I can finally change items, use bexp and change skills, woo hoo.

1-4 9/33

Gave Laura 2 bexp levels, bought and sold some items, changed some skills around, and got Meg cause no reason not to. Now in the chapter, Sothe took the left side, Nolan the right side, Micky and Laura kinda hung out in the middle doing what they could. Managed to get all items except the master seal and the pure water. Would have done it faster if not for the 2 sets of reinforcements, and if Sothe didn't miss like 2 kills.

1-5 6/39 

Gave Micky the spirit dust from Aimee, gave Laura the Angelic Robe. Volug stayed on the starting side killing off the reinforcements, everyone else went towards the boss area, about it. Didn't have time to steal the shine barrier, ah well.

Edited by StrykerZ

Part 1 - Chapter 2: The Dispossessed.

Turns - 5/13

Leo was actually super useful here as he could combo with Nolan to kill the enemies on the upper area in a timely fashion while Micaiah handled the two soldiers in the south. This allowed Laura to use her full move every turn, other than turn three, when she had to wait for the way to be cleared. Eddy was on hand though to give her two shoves on turn four and five to put her just in range to seize on turn five. It also freed up Sothe to go for the Energy Drop without costing any turns, as without Leo, he would have had to help Nolan clear a path for Laura.

I didn't get the Thani but I think I'll be fine without it. My logic was basically that it would cost at least a turn to get (maybe two?) so even if it saved a turn later I would be breaking even anyway so I decided it's not worth it.

Oh and Leo got an :awesome: level up. I was going to rig a speed level (11 speed doubles all the untransformed Laguz in chapter four, which I thought might be helpful) but then he goes and gets a seven stat level up, I'll take it.

I mean, Volug can someone reproduce a similiar result with Adept and Rafiel (pretty much all you need). Tormod doubles with 2-range and that carries over to 1-E. He's a somewhat underrated last-ish pick.

21 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Dude's underrated as phuck. What was he even doing around here.

Is the only unmounted unit on Geoffrey's Charge, which is more or less a charge and hence he is liable to falling behind (not that he won't be seeing action- but he won't be amazing either). Shows up too late on 2-E for a draft (or so I think). His only real chapter significant use is 3-9, with 3-11 being a seize over a long map of pitfalls. Doesn't hit the magic 34 Spd for 4 Final, so there goes a good chunk of his endgame potential.

I wonder who is going to be the absolute last pick- not going to say any names to avoid an obvious jinx.

2-3 lives to it's namesake and it's pretty much Geoffrey-only unless you drafted Marcia or Kieran and the CRKs may as well not even exist in 2-E, let alone for a draft. In 3-9, he's the only one that can someone catch up right after Marcia (Callil has 6 Mov) since he can go up ledges. Part 4 maps hinder him a lot less than they do to horses. Finally, his bases are somewhat solid and a lot easier to work around.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Doesn't hit the magic 34 Spd for 4 Final, so there goes a good chunk of his endgame potential.

And neither do the not-Astrid horsies, for that matter...

Being able to hit 34 speed for Rebirth five is only useful for the person who has Nasir though, so I wouldn't really count that against Danved. Also you need someone to get the Speedwing which Geoffrey can't do alone without losing a turn, so there is that, small detail but it's a contribution.