Grand Hero Battle: Legion!

Vaximillian

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the fuck is up with infernal. That stat inflation is ridiculous. I can beat hard and lunatic but I can't one round anyone on infernal. (Without abusing axebreaker)

Edited by Korath88

I'm determined to beat infernal!! I think I finally got a strategy worked out with Sanaki, Titania, Laslow, and Azura... We'll have to see. I think I may sacrifice a spare Laslow to Sanaki, and she'll be able to handle Legion no problem.

Surprising, I managed to beat the Hard and Lunatic maps my first try with Horse Emblem. I thought it would be a horrible, horrible idea. :3 But it wasn't bad...

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'm determined to beat infernal!! I think I finally got a strategy worked out with Sanaki, Titania, Laslow, and Azura... We'll have to see. I think I may sacrifice a spare Laslow to Sanaki, and she'll be able to handle Legion no problem.

Surprising, I managed to beat the Hard and Lunatic maps my first try with Horse Emblem. I thought it would be a horrible, horrible idea. :3 But it wasn't bad...

Mobility matters on this map---I'm actually trying a team with 3 wings of no mercy.

1 minute ago, DraceEmpressa said:

So if all Legions dies already, the reinforcement will stop? Have anyone confirmed this? 

Reinforcements are based on units you kill---and there's a set amount. The less you kill = the less reinforcements for the moment, but, unless you kill everyone in one turn, they're going to spawn up to the set limit.

Edit: I'm assuming you win if you somehow rout before the spawn limit, although that seems... difficult, to say the least.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

So if all Legions dies already, the reinforcement will stop? Have anyone confirmed this? 

IDK about the other maps. But I just killed all of the Legions on the Infernal map and reinforcements still came. But none of them were Legion.

4 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

No

i just beat the Luna version and the reinforcement appear even after Legion 1 and Legion 2 is dead

also how the fuck did you guys manage to beat Lunatic before Infernal? Lunatic is so hard

1 minute ago, JSND said:

No

i just beat the Luna version and the reinforcement appear even after Legion 1 and Legion 2 is dead

also how the fuck did you guys manage to beat Lunatic before Infernal? Lunatic is so hard

did you just imply infernal is easier then lunatic? huh???

1 minute ago, JSND said:

No

Most of my team is merged, I guess.

ARRRGH got really close with Lucina/Reinhardt/Azura/F!Robin on Infernal.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, JSND said:

No

Nino, Camus and Ryoma still kill things...

2 minutes ago, Thany said:

did you just imply infernal is easier then lunatic? huh???

I could do Infernal while my eyes is closed. thats how easy it is(the benchmark is JUST enough for it to be an easy 2 turn)

Lunatic make me suffer as much clinical depression as when i first hear EN Lilina

Edited by JSND

Just now, JSND said:

I could do Infernal while my eyes is closed. thats how easy it is

Lunatic make me suffer as much clinical depression as when i first hear EN Lilina

I do not understand....

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

I could do Infernal while my eyes is closed. thats how easy it is(the benchmark is JUST enough for it to be an easy 2 turn)

How are you competing infernal that easily?

Done with all difficulties! Here are my units for Infernal:

5☆ Reinhardt (Deathblow, Vantage, Goad Cavs with Attack +1 Seal)

5☆ Xander (Fury, Renewal 2, Ward Cavs with Breath of Life 1 Seal)

5☆ Nino (Darting Blow, Seal Res, Hone Atk 3 with Quickened Pulse

4☆ Vanilla Olivia with no seal equipped (I could've used Fortify Res seal for Nino's Blade tome... But I forgot lol I just used her mainly for dancing and Hone Atk)

It's basically a kill-before-you-get-overwhelmed scenario. I made sure Nino gets the buffs from Olivia, Xander punishes all clones and helps with positioning, Reinhardt can manipulate the AI by baiting and also helps by inflicting small amounts of damage to Legion, and Olivia dances as usual. Having Renewal on Xander really helps so that he could duel every clone. Took some turns running away from the last Legion to replenish his life, but hey at least this ain't Tempest where speed is important :lol:

This was a really interesting GHB map as it's the first one with Infernal difficulty and reinforcements! I had fun, honestly!

@Thany

@Korath88

basically this is how i do Infernal

Turn 1:

Put Ursula and Cecilia in the spot

Turn 2:

Clean up the Blue Mage, the red Mage, then Block with Xander and Eliwood and let double Legion suicide

Doing that on Lunatic and Hard would led into a mindfuck where i need to move around a bunch of times and using tons of positioning. I actually do 4 try for Lunatic to 2 of infernal. 

Edited by JSND

3 minutes ago, JSND said:

@Thany

@Korath88

basically this is how i do Infernal

Turn 1:

Put Ursula and Cecilia in the spot

Turn 2:

Clean up the Blue Mage, the red Mage, then Block with Xander and Eliwood and let double Legion suicide

Doing that on Lunatic and Hard would led into a mindfuck where i need to move around a bunch of times and using tons of positioning. I actually do 4 try for Lunatic to 2 of infernal. 

Ah, horse emblem. Well that explains it, though it doesn't really help me in any way since I don't have a full horse emblem team.

Finished Infernal with Horse Emblem because that sheer brokenness is the only way I can cope with this difficulty.

Final Team:

Xander 5* (Siegfried, Reposition, Bonfire, Fury 2, Axebreaker 3, Hone Cavalry, HP+3)

Camus 5* (Gradivus, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Speed +3, Vantage 3, Goad Cavalry, Speed +1)

+Atk/-Def Cecilia 4* (Gronnraven, Night Sky, Triangle Adept 2, Escape Route 3)

+HP/-Res Reinhardt 5* (Dire Thunder, Reposition, Draconic Aura, DB3, Lancebreaker 2, Goad Cavalry, Atk +1)

Edited by Otorio

It's truly a shame that it all comes down to the nonsense that is horse emblem for so many occasions. Really wish nerfing was a thing in gacha, oh well.

Infernal was surprisingly annoying, but after reading about the reinforcements being triggered by the death of present units, I managed. Ryoma, Takumi (Brave Bow, Fujin would suck majorly) and Nino were my killers, Olivia did her thing. Now I also wish Legion had those max stats.

Okay. Beat Infernal. Video for people who run similar teams to me, I guess.

- Ryoma has TA3 instead of Fury because that's what I use to run TT. I didn't run the numbers on Fury build to see if he can 2HKO that one Legend he needed to kill, though. It's probably ok, especially if your Ryoma isn't a -Atk like mine. In fact if you don't have +Spd you should probably run Fury to avoid getting doubled. Dude's fast.

Edit: did a test. -Atk Ryoma can run Fury if you give him an Atk+1 seal. -Spd variants should probably do TA3 to mitigate damage because you'll get doubled anyway.

- Nino is +Spd -Def and runs Fury3 here so she can tank blue mage. She needs the spd+1 seal to double Legend after a Ryoma buff. This lets her reach 47 spd.

- Reinhardt +Atk and is merge +1 which gives him +1 atk from normal, but the merge should not matter since Nino's Spur Atk 2 there puts him over the damage threshold for the ORKO with Draconic Aura anyway. Not sure if Luna is better here. Moonbow will probably not be enough damage. If you have an Azura or Ninian instead of Olivia Nino could've been buffed since they can safely tank the red mage, though.

Edited by Thor Odinson